Is there any device more comfy than the electronic organizer was?

is there any device more comfy than the electronic organizer was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bbl9CXGwMLE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It's an electronic organizer!

They're fucking shit. Palmtops were a different story though.

My dad bought me a TI organizer

>holy shit I have a computer now!!!
>gonna hack stuff with this
>jesus christ can it do anything more than keep notes in a hard to read format?

One of the greatest disappointments of my childhood.

>tfw this piece of shit actually made your job a lot easier
crawling around vents to fix electronic installation abominations looks a lot more fun in movies

Yes.

Now it runs windows + loonix

Got mine a week ago. Shame there are no decent pics of it online.

How are you liking it so far?

I'm enjoying it. Nice to see the UMPC making a comeback.
Performance is good (8GB of RAM makes a difference compared to the same SOC with 4GB in the GPD WIN, for example), screen is excellent, build quality is superb.

Only complaints are:
- Keyboard layout feels slightly off, but then it's squeezed down to 7" diagonal
- TrackPoint is in the wrong place, but that's because 97% of the space inside is the battery
- No MicroSD slot. 128GB only goes so far and I don't want to take up the USB slot for storage.

Overall though, very happy.

>(8GB of RAM makes a difference compared to the same SOC with 4GB in the GPD WIN, for example)
how come? RAM is literally useless unless you have a use for it, you compare running 4 VMs on it? then sure

Only one VM, and it has 3GB of RAM allocated to it, so yeah I guess that helps.
Also seems to be a bit snappier when playing HD video while having 10 chrome tabs open on another desktop.
Could be placebo I suppose.

max comfy desu.
I have a Casio digital diary with 64kb of memory from 1997 and it's actually replaced my notebook for writing down assignments and stuff.

I had an Ipaq (3765 i think?) way back in 2001. It had the black sleeve with a cell modem built in and some expensive data plan that my work paid for. It was a smartphone before there were smartphones, and I loved that thing.

What device is that?

youtube.com/watch?v=Bbl9CXGwMLE

Had ipaq 3760 with pcmcia sleeve and orinoco gold wifi card. For internet on the go I used irda connection to Ericsson t39.

To be honest it was quite frustrating setup and kinda useless. Should have just kept Palm III all the way to iphone 3gs which was at least for me first modern and highly usable mobile device.

I have one Casio electronic organizer. It was actually my father's and I found it lying around the house. So I bought some batteries (holy fuck, ~8$ for two batteries) to see what this thing could do and it was actually password-protected and nobody remembered the password anymore. So it was lying on my shelf until recently when I was sorting stuff out and it magically didn't have the password anymore. Instead it had "DATA ERROR!" which explains why password disappeared. It partially works, but it seems that memory is fucked up real bad and all saved notes (around 1000 of them) are just gibberish.

>tfw Vaio is kill
>no more pocket laptops

hated these
wished they had even like BASIC on them, you can't do jack, might as well just have a physical notepad
back then, I'd just use an (admittedly awful) Palm m100 as a comfy mobile device -- if it wasn't for the "battery died, all your shit since last sync is gone" issue, it would have been properly comfy though, and Graffiti is a fairly easy to use handwriting system
eventually got a Sony Clie and loved that 320x320 "hi-res" and color and MP3 playback, but it eventually died for zero apparent reason, was so mad

Ha, I still have my HP WinCE in a box somewhere.

I saved my money for over a year when I was in, like, 8th grade for a Psion, but ended up getting an LX200 instead. Playing Oregon Trail and other DOS games in study hall was pretty great.

this /thread

P comfy

duncan pls go

let the shilling begin....

I'd kill for that in a droid or chrome.

Not powerful enough for win10 though.