So how long this pic related will be actually used for anything more than shit-tier rushed patches in games...

So how long this pic related will be actually used for anything more than shit-tier rushed patches in games? the 10xx and 4xx & 5xx radeons have full support of this shit Ryzen and new intel cpus have more than 4 cores, almost so everything leads to DX12/Vulkan supposedly being useful yet, nothing. And the shilling for this things started like 2 fucking years ago.

Where are the fucking dedicated apps/games

AAA games have long dev cycles. You're going to see more of them coming in the next few years.

I'm out of the loop re vulkan, there was lots of hype for it initially, has it fallen flat now?

I am pretty sure the new Doom and the new Wolfenstein use it and holy fuck the new Doom has a fucking amazing optimization

It does.

It truly puts pretty much every other AAA game out in shame.

Only the fattest cats build their own engine, and that takes time. Otherwise, many of them license and modify various engines, which has an even slower uptake of new APIs.

DX12 continues to incur modest resistance due to its platform exclusivity, which cuts off a section of the market that they don't want to lose just yet. Vulkan isn't picking up momentum due to...not being DirectX, but the new Doom engine is baller.

It'll be a little while yet, but the ball is rolling.

i forget which one was suppose to be able to support 2 different gpus

Every once in awhile something like that comes along but it takes extra work to implement it, so nobody bothers. Then it dies.

The fact that DX9 isn't even dead yet should tell you a lot about how quickly 3D APIs die out and how fast others get adopted. First of all there has to be a real need for this shit, if the vast majority is playing LoL or fuck knows what which already runs perfectly fine on trash hardware then there isn't really all that much pressure on the industry to push DX12 and Vulkan. DX12 also has the extra hurdle of W10 associated and last time I checked (a while ago to be fair) Vulkan didn't even support mGPU in the current release and the whole "better multi-GPU" tirade and "use your iGPU for better performance!" chanting were a pretty big deal of the hype for these APIs.

Imho these new pipelines will probably start gaining adoption when a new wave of consoles come about.
Considering the main developers of games design with consoles in mind, using vulkan and dx12 isn't worth their time unless someone else has done the heavy lifting, it'll only benefit PC, and require more work for no monetary gain in their eyes.

It is VERY hard to fully utilize Vulkan and D3D12 unless you already have a very data oriented engine design. Presently most engines will require massive rewrites to use these APIs in a way to be useful.

>t. Graphics programmer

But PS4 and Xbone support DX12

Xbone uses it because obviously its Microsoft's system and DirectX is their proprietary API.
PS4, not being from Microsoft doesn't and uses a custom API which is essentially Mantle.
Switch uses a custom API which is essentially Vulkan which can be thought of as Mantle 2.0.

the new Doom used it and it worked great. i got like 100+ fps on highest settings.

thats about it tho.

In terms of recent games on Windows yes.
Most of the Vulkan backends for games have been exclusive to the Linux versions.
Like Mad Max which has Vulkan support but only under Linux.

NuDoom is Vulkan
Forza Horizon 3 is DX12.

DE:MD and Hitman also have DX12 and great perf with it on AMD, but slower perf than DX11MT on nVidia.

Never

>Forza Horizon 3 is DX12
boy that went well

Blame Nvidia. They still don't have a GPU that can run DX12. AND with something like 80% of the market share, developers judt don't give a shit.

Modern gaming is also absolutely shit. Ubisoft shits out games for their franchise like a soft serve ice cream machine. EA makes shit like Andromeda and Battlefield and Titan Fall that has a fractured player base or amateurish production. Steam keeps pushing shovelware.

And the quality game developer houses that still exist that haven't been bought up then shuttered when the original team leaves, are fewer and fewer because the development cycle is pure hell.

Valve's problem is that if they restrict things then the next big indie dev will go to some other platform, and if that platform is the Windows Store then Valve are really fucked.

Hell no. Even if AAA garbage hasn't caught up yet, Doom has shown how powerful it can truly be when used correctly. My shitty 670 runs that game smoothly and it looks beautiful.
Emulators are also picking it up. The vulkan gains on Dolphin are very real on the cuck 970 and rpcs3 is also implementing Vulkan. It's going to get there eventually.

Cryengine will be implementing Support soon.

>They still don't have a GPU that can run DX12

I love this meme.

The 1xxx series can easily run a native Dx12 app/game, maybe worse than a radeon from the same price tag but for sure not un-playable tier.

>Tfw Andromeda sucked, battlefield 1 is already dead on pc and Titanfall 2 is a great game but rewards players with the worst internet/lag issues with a time compensation so large that they win melee trades and shootoffs automatically while teleporting around the map