Should build a new machine with one of these? currently using a 2500k at 4.6 ghz

should build a new machine with one of these? currently using a 2500k at 4.6 ghz

Other urls found in this thread:

kitguru.net/components/cpu/matthew-wilson/amd-will-build-another-round-of-zen-cpus-on-14nm-before-jumping-to-zen-2-and-7nm/?PageSpeed=noscript
electronicsweekly.com/news/business/7nm-customer-socs-globalfoundries-h1-2018-2017-06/
rbt.asia/g/search/image/uFnvzXpHRO_nKsuBUaqNhg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wait for zen2

1800X isn't the best deal, get a 1700 and OC it, or 1700X if you don't want to play the silicon lottery.

What do you plan to use it for? I have an r5 1600 and it serves me well for both rendering shit and playing games at 3.8GHz 1.28v

>1.28v

nice meme

>falling for the "muh cores" meme

just get a fat r5

1600 is the new 2500k

if you're just playing videogames then you should give it another gen or two before upgrading.

Why?

1600 or 1700 are best deals.

Should I get a Ryzen or some Intel cpu?

The 2500k is already bottlenecking new cards.

Every day I see higher and higher clocks n 2500k's

ther's no reason to get the 1800X when the 1700 exists. use the extra to get a good CPU cooler and OC it to 4.1 and have some spare change

7nm and 5ghz

i used to keep it at 4.8

>muh totally realistic 7nm improvements
Yeah right. I ain't waiting 2 more years.

> Current estimates point to a 2019 date for 7nm.
kitguru.net/components/cpu/matthew-wilson/amd-will-build-another-round-of-zen-cpus-on-14nm-before-jumping-to-zen-2-and-7nm/?PageSpeed=noscript

You're a dumbfuck.

>falling for the amd meme

get the ryzen 1600 if you want a solid budget performer. It has enough horse power to sustain any graphics that might come in the future and since AM4 is a new socket it still has a long life ahead of it so you might even get to upgrade on it.

>wait

Sup Forums advice at its finest

if you have to ask,
there is no reason to.
buy when your current machine is kill.

Of course.
It has double the cores, quadruple the threads and you get to support CPU manufacturer that makes chips that don't listen to you when you fap.

Yes, im going from a i5 to Ryzen in a few weeks

>tfw I fell for the "X chips are better binned" meme
bought a 1600X, still stuck at 4.0GHz. Can't even get a 100% stable 4.1GHz at 1.5v, wtf.

And? When people say better binned, they mean it'll do 4GHz. Anything above that is unlikely, even on a 1600X or 1800X (around 20% of them will do 4.1GHz according to Silicon Lottery). I don't know why you were expecting it.

Yeah if you want to pay $400 for exactly the same performance

this
1080ti at 1080Poor 144fps, higher res and lower refresh are fine, It will be 2020 before a 2500k cant do 60fps
If its just gaymes, pretty much right

also

i use a gtx780 and play at 1440p. just got this urge to start something new

Get an Intel

I went to a 1700 from a 2500k and I don't want to kill myself when encoding blu ray rips anymore.

went from 2600k to r5 1600
Day to day tasks are exactly the same as before, browsing, gaming etc didn't change one bit.

Encoding and Rendering is fast now, it's just quality of life change.

Your information is outdated and/or incorrect.

electronicsweekly.com/news/business/7nm-customer-socs-globalfoundries-h1-2018-2017-06/

Put your trip back on, dead, we know it's you. rbt.asia/g/search/image/uFnvzXpHRO_nKsuBUaqNhg/

Also, i5-2500K is obsolete, kill yourself you useless pile of raw human dogshit.

You are asking this to a bunch of racist idiots who have somehow projected their fear of others onto one of the CPU manufacturers. Do yourself a favor and research this question on respected tech sites and never come back to this shithole.

>Complaining about racism on any board
Yeah, you have to go back, reddit-kun

You don't need to do anything if you're not going to do anything with it. If you plan on playing games, you might as well just get a 1400X as it will be on par with modern i3s and low range i5s in most games. For older titles using DX9 or ye olde OpenGL there's no reason to upgrade. Unless you have a specific purpose in mind, be it HPC, high volume server/NAS, multimedia creation, rapid prototyping/PLM, Ryzen is going to be twiddling its thumbs until antiquated gaymur engines catch up.

it's actually pretty high for 3.8, he can probably go 3.9 at 1.3

isn't 7nm very close to the limit of chip manufacturing? Eg. quantum tunnelling effects starting to become a possibility on the chip's internals?

>Quantum tunneling: When the waveform of a particle (eg. electrons) tends to surpass the barrier of it's surroundings, thus having an, albeit small, probability that the electron ends up on the other side of the (transistor) barrier, thus resulting in bit errors.

Don't build a PC now unless you absolutely need to. RAM, SSD and GPU prices have gone up recently.

>The 2500k is already bottlenecking new cards.
I doubt this is true especially at 4.6ghz that op claims to run, but the cheapest option would be to swap the cpu for a 2600k, and to oc that until something worth building a new system for comes a long.

Nope.

You should check out the diameter of the high & low energy levels of electron paths.

The materials would have to get smaller yet (even smaller than IBM's 5nm) before that's a problem.

Zen2 will still be using AM4 so no point waiting when you can buy now and resell later

yep the 1700 is not worth the 100 extra dollars.

Don't you have to get lucky when it comes to achieving a stable overclock matching 1800X performance though? results aren't guaranteed to be consistent could end up with a chip that doesn't overclock well.

For production, yes, for pure gaming no, then a used 6700k, or a 7700k is the best option

>pure gaming
More like 120-144 fps gaming. If you don't have a monitor capable of those you're not gaining anything out of those highly clocked Intels.

Yeah best to buy the inferior product for your money then

I bought a 1600X and cant go beyond 3.9

1600 is the new 2500k

no
it's the new athlon
zen2 will be the 2500k equivalent

interesting, will have a look

went from 2500k to 1800x, no ragrets

1700 and OC or 1600X and leave it stock.

Yes

I had a q6600 which I just upgraded.

I could have waited but desu at 9 years old I thought it was a reasonable time.

Going to upgrade from my i7 920. Hope I won't be disappointed.

just in time for summer to work all summer and buy computer shit they dont need kids these days are cucked

It will definitely be worth it.

>tfw 4690k
>still does good in gaming but takes a shit in streaming
if only i got the i7 4790k

7820X masterrace represent

fuck amd poojeets

>Twice the price
>25% faster
>35% more power draw
Sign me the fuck up.

Don't forget
>Jizz TIM
>Watercooling required lol

Ryzen series is currently better in every way than it's Intel counterparts. Intel only gets points in niche categories.

If you're willing to play the waiting game, wait till Intel launches Cannon Lake, it'll be out early-mid 2018. Cannon Lake will be a refresh in Intel's 'PAO' upgrade path. Even Zen 2 may be out by then.

no, ryzen has a lot of issues still.

8 CORES??? DRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMPPFFFFFF

[Citation Needed]

Yes it is, best perf/dollar

Test

Like what?

LOL

depends do you actually feel you need a new processor? If so yes, but a 2500k is still a real nice cpu

this is what I ask people who are waiting for vegas or are upgrading their PC's

why

what exactly are you waiting for that is so revolutionary?

PC gaming is dead and there are no AAA upcoming confirmed releases besides far cry 5 which isn't till 2018 that look graphically or CPU intensive.

MOAR CORES is good for more than just muh gaymes.

The same performance as a 1080ti for half the price.

ATI gpus tend to enjoy way longer support and optimization.

The pc gaming community has only just begun sprouting into fruition with the rise of competitive play and streaming. Even though right now most esports are meme-tier.

>The same performance as a 1080ti for half the price.
hahahahahaha
you wish

You're right, i am. The pc hardware industry could use the continuation of the bleeding edge competition with first AMD kicking the shit out of Intel, i'm out in the open praying they go after Nvidia next.

Good for us all.

nvidia has not been voluntarily stagnating the market like intel did

>The pc gaming community has only just begun sprouting into fruition with the rise of competitive play and streaming. Even though right now most esports are meme-tier

LOL fuck no. "esports!" roflmfao, you call this faggotry a sport? hahahahahaha

You can run eSpurts on literal toasters. Why do you think they're so popular to begin with?

>still forcing this 120-144fps meme
(lol

>>>/wooo/

I'll wait for Coffee Lake and compare it to the 7800X.

The 7820X looks like a steal but if you add in the motherboard tax of 300-400 dollarydoos its expensive.

You can represent my giant AMD dick intelfaggot

I can totally tell the difference between 120 FPS and 144 FPS.

t. cyborg with robotic cameras for eyes.

>I'll wait for Coffee Lake and compare it to the 7800X.
It's basically a crappier i7-6800K.

>why
4K 60fps, VR, and better open source drivers for linux.
I run windows in a VM with GPU passthrough and would like to keep my options open should I want to use my dGPU on host OS, nvidia's drivers have been giving me shit with wayland so I am currently stuck with iGPU on host OS.
Tempted to grab a 1080Ti and be done with it but Vega release is so close anyway better off waiting to see if I can get a better deal.

enjoy your broken HT

Just about any 1700 can hit 3.8GHz, many of them on the stock cooler. 3.9 is achievable for most of them as well, and many but not all can hit 4GHz with an aftermarket cooler. 4.1GHz is rare for a 1700.

Meanwhile the 1800X comes at 3.6 with turbo to 4 out of the box and can usually hit 4.1-4.2 pretty easily. But anyone who pays $150+ for .1-.2GHz is crazy.

zen2 will be relevant for another half a decade?

I have a 3.4ghz i7 960, with 32gb 1600 DDR3 and a 6gb 1060. What kind of performance difference would I see if I upgraded to ryzen or 7700k plus ddr4?

Either one would be a huge upgrade.

IBM thinks they can get it down to 3nm

They already proved 5nm

And 7nm is coming to market in 2018.