/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4560 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - if you can't afford better or specifically need 8 threads but not a very powerful CPU
>R5 1500x - All you really need for 60fps with power to spare; Don’t get an i5.
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming.

GPUs:
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>RX 560 and GTX 1050Ti - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz.
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the RX580 if you can.
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@144hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p.
>GTX 1080 Ti - 1440p@144 hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games; You're kind of going overboard with this one.
>AMD GPUs are suffering a lack of stock and Nvidia a rise in price thanks to e-currency miners

General:
>ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
>The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&A=1&sort=price&page=1&W=2700
youtube.com/watch?v=oT8f_1oRsLU
get.debian.org
pcpartpicker.com/list/8wJbYr
pcpartpicker.com/list/ffjpvV
pcpartpicker.com/list/NTFcLD
pcpartpicker.com/list/hDskZ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/y8Nqf8
pcpartpicker.com/list/MCHBRG
pcpartpicker.com/list/zdNqf8
amazon.fr/dp/B009GXZ8MM/?tag=geo01a-21&ascsubtag=pcg-138178480-20
pcpartpicker.com/list/8w9GFd
corsair.com/fr-fr/hydro-series-h60-h80i-h100i-h110i-amd-mounting-bracket
pcpartpicker.com/list/KkcTf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Still no notice to tell people to check their QVL

ONE JOB. ONE FUCKING JOB.

This.
CHECK YOUR MOTHERBOARD'S MEMORY COMPATIBLITY LIST WHEN BUYING RAM.

only for Ryzen*

It is always a good idea to do it for Intel as well. Like why would you not?

>tfw literally none of the reasonably priced 2666MHz+ 2x4GB kits you can find are on the QVL list

pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&A=1&sort=price&page=1&W=2700

which one do I go for?

Take a look at other mobos in the same price range, you might save some money with a slightly better mobo that accepts RAM in your pricerange.

>GSYNC
You're already getting ripped-off, might as well take the most high end while you're at high.

580s available when?

1060s available when?

As late as August if miners don't calm down.

Kikesync?

I personally own an xb270hu and I think it is great. But get the Asus if you want 1ms response time vs 4ms.

why ryzen over an i5?

Hey guys.
Few threads back I was suggested to find some b-die ram.
I...THINK I found some, but I'm not sure. Just what some people on some forums said was b-die.

Is there a list of ram out there that I'm just not seeing that says if they're b-does or not? Would be much appreciated.

could you fellas explain the (((GSYNC))) meme to me? is it because its proprietary bullshit?

It's just such a huge hassle. Open the listing for RAM(because obviously you can't see the proper identifier from the list), copy the identifier, ctrl+f it into the QVL list to see if it's there, repeat a couple dozen times, move onto the next motherboard... And it isn't like you can pick RAM from the QVL list and go looking for THAT, because pcpartpicker doesn't find anything, and google only finds OTHER QVL lists...

Simply just perf/$

Cheaper. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Like Jamal.

because we are paid to shill amd here

It's not just because it's proprietary bullshit, it's because it's EXPENSIVE proprietary bullshit. As in, it costs around $150 extra compared to otherwise identical freesync monitor.

>And it isn't like you can pick RAM from the QVL list and go looking for THAT, because pcpartpicker doesn't find anything, and google only finds OTHER QVL lists...
That's what I do, and it works fine.
The RAM names actually mean something, you can look in the QVL list for the frequency and capacity you want, then google "buy " and you'll find a price.

youtube.com/watch?v=oT8f_1oRsLU

Yes. AMD version is Freesync. Gsync is called Kikesync cause it is literally Freesync except cost more with the Jew Tax

>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs
So getting a 960 evo wouldn't speed up games or other programs?

It would speed it up a little bit but it's not worth it for twice the cost of a normal ssd

In that case, what's the cheapest 500gb ssd that's still reliable?
I have an 850 evo but it's already getting full so I'd like to add another ssd.

Do I put water in with this? Or just the coolent

Let's say I want to reinstall win10; what's the best way to do so that results in the least amount of bloatware possible? Right now I'm using a pile of different programs and command line doohickey to remove croutona/xbox live/all of the other junk.

I really only use it for solidworks and video gaems... I just wish OS's were more like, operating systems you know? and nothing else.
Hm, maybe it is time to give linux a whirl

I've been using the Sandisk ultra II 1TB version for a while now, and it's definitely a lot faster than a hard drive, and pretty cheap. I think it's almost as fast as other SSD's but I'm not sure about that.

get.debian.org

Or find a Windows 7 ISO.

Yeah well, it's not working for me.

So should i buy a 1060 now before all the miners drive up the price even more?

No. That won't happen.

The vast majority of us miners are not the ones buying up all the GPUs, it's the newfags getting into mining.

Even now, the prices of the 1060 are far too high to justify purchasing one for mining. With market conditions fluctuating, return on investments just takes longer and makes it even more of a gamble.

>Such a good time in my country to buy every PC part, cheap as fuck mobos and cpus with Ryzen
>Cryptocunts fuck up the GPU segment

fuck

More like 1060 is driven up by the shortage of AMD cards. So everyone looking to make a new build now is forced to buy 1060.

GAS THE MINERS
GPU WARS NOW

Blame the jews that are selling the GPUs at inflated prices.

It just werks

>trying to find memory on MB's qvl
>literally nothing matches the model strings they've got listed
>most of the results are their own qvl pages
Someone should be shot.

pcpartpicker.com/list/8wJbYr
just gotta wait for my cryorig bracket to come in

>gpu in wrong slot
dont ask about the square splotch

Got a Noctua NH-U12S for my 7700k, but feel I could be getting better temps (hit 75C+ on some games like Hitman and PUBG, no overclocking too), so was thinking of getting a better cooler. Should I get the U14S or go all the way and get an AIO, and which one then?

btw case is the Fractal R5, and the D15 isn't an option cause I have high profile RAM.

Just get a ryzen ;^)

High temperatures are perfectly normal thanks to the shitty TIM Intel uses. Don't like it, delid and void your warranty.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ffjpvV
How does this look? I'm in the market for a CPU that's suitable for video editing, streaming, and high resolution/refresh rate gaming. I have my eye on ASUS's PG27VQ, mainly for the Quantum Dot and 1ms gtg (as well as 1440p/165), but if Gsync is a meme id rather get a freesync monitor. Is there anything I should change? GPU, PSU, storage? I might seap the motherboard for one of the new ones launching this Fall.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700
B350 PC Mate
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 2x8GB, 3200MHz (yes i checked if my motherboard supports it)
Nzxt S340
SSD ADATA SU800
A random 2TB HDD
MSI GTX Geforce 1060 6GB
be quiet! Pure Power 10 700W

Rate, this will be soon my setup for adobe and fl studio shit + gaming on max 1080p.

Bitcoin is crashing right now (probably because of what's coming next month), maybe it'll make my GPU restock faster...

Can i expect a billion of used 580 and 1060 by monday?

It's you again.
It looks great.
Are you sticking to the stock cooler? That's why I did and I'm running the 1700 at 3.6 1.2V for maximum stability at respectable temps

Bitcoin crashing won't affect Etherium

That could actually happen, if the miners PANIC hard enough to start selling.

When bitcoin crashes, everyone crashes.

Looks good but PSU is oversized and make sure you get some nice gold rated for OC. EVGA G2/3 or Seasonic G/Prime for example.
SSD is ok, just stay away from the 128GB version, that one is shit. For the HDD i recommend Toshiba P300.

Ryzen bros
SMT on or off?

It'll bounce upward soon.

That's wrong. Most of the money going into Eth is through Bitcoin, the volatility of BTC affects most altcoins.

Eth is a fucking retarded coin and I can't wait for it to crash so all the newfags get rekt.

It's a terrible thing to mine because the fucking ICOs have so much of the coin and can dump large amounts at any price, at any time.

What is causing the BTC crash?
Will the jews finally pay for their crimes?

Off for single threaded performance (so, muh gaymes), on for massively parallel workloads, especially if memory bounds.

Just keep it on if you don't know, it doesn't hurt most of the time.

Ye i heard Spire is pretty fucking good and quiet.

Bitcoin 'crashes' are typically healthy movements in trends because it means a lot of the money is being taken out of bitcoin so it can go back into it, pushing it higher.

So the jews are still getting away with it?

I doubt my 1600 will get a masive boost if i take it off

pcpartpicker.com/list/NTFcLD
I'm able to buy a 1060 6gb from a friend for $200 when he upgrades but should I wait until RX580s are available again?

pcpartpicker.com/list/hDskZ8

Any issues or ways I could make this even cheaper?

It's a gaming (plus some video editing) build and I want to be able to maintain 60 fps at 1080p on games like BF1 at very high to max settings.

>no storage because I already have a hard drive
>i really don't want to buy Windows 10 but pirating it seems like a bitch of a process

I've been one of said jews for a few years now.

From this image, Bitcoin could either be approaching the 'despair' phase of a large trend, which means a big crash coming soon, or a small sell-off to re-accumulate some more Bitcoin at a cheaper price to push it higher.

The crypto game changed completely recently, though. So much more money coming in all over, so it's most likely gonna go down just a little for the next pump upward in anticipation for SegWit.

>It'll bounce upward soon.
Any other time, it would have, but with the UASF nobody is going to buy that shit knowing that it might lose half its value if things go south.

There was a HUGE crash a while ago, it bounced back, and all the people who bought before the bounce are now cashing in causing another crash.

They're cashing in because Bitcoin is failing to scale, and next month people are going to fork it and split it into a bunch of different versions of Bitcoin.
If things go well only one version will survive and it'll solve some problems.
If things don't go well it's going to the grandest, most chaotic clusterfuck since MtGox failed.

TLDR: Dangerous time to be holding bitcoins, or any crypto for that matter.

Why are those fucktards at AMD after months and months of delays and delays releasing only high-high-veryfuckinhigh-end vega's, how in the flying fuck are the mid-tier cards not ready after FUCKING YEARS

The 1060 is comparable to the RX580. They are 5% within performance margins, some wins the 1060, some others the 580
So just get the 1060 from your friend and let go of the 580

Stick to the 1060 6GB

Yeah, get win10 from kinguin.net for $25USD

>but with the UASF nobody is going to buy that shit knowing that it might lose half its value if things go south.

Things won't go south because of negative fundamentals regarding SegWit, and if it does go south because of technicals, it'll be for the purpose of getting cheaper coins.

The price is this high right now because of the block halving from 25 btc to 12.5 btc.

Get the 1060 then sell it for massive profits

It's also worth mentioning that a Bitcoin drop will only result in people putting their money into altcoins, as it always has. So alts are to boom upward.

roommate is building a rig and needs help

he has a corsair hx850i psu, an msi tomahawk z270 mother board, and a rx 580 that he's trying to connect with a raiser. the raiser has a 6pin power connection, where would I plug that in? on the 8 6+2 pin pcie port, or the 6 pin peripheral port?

What's the square splotch user?

Why did you create a thead way, way before the thread is going to die?
Fuck, it's gonna die in 3 hours at best, why are you so stupid OP?

can an RX560 properly use 4GB or would it be fine to go for the 2GB version and not really be missing out on anything?

Segwit might fail because our covert ASICBOOST friends aren't going to back down, and segwit just barely has those 80%.
Things are further complicated by the hard fork proposals.

Bitcoin has actual users and a fundamental intrisic value: it's widely used to sell drugs and other goods on various marketplaces.

Altcoins generally follow bitcoin around, because they have no intrisic value.
If bitcoin crashes, the altcoins and shitcoins follow.

>Altcoins generally follow bitcoin around, because they have no intrisic value.
>If bitcoin crashes, the altcoins and shitcoins follow.

That's completely wrong. When bitcoin bleeds, it causes new money to go into alts to hedge their losses. Alts go up.

Modern AAA Games maxed out at 1080p are using 2.8-3.2 GB of VRAM so there you go

How is this
pcpartpicker.com/list/y8Nqf8
I don't game, I use some (~10 usually just two active) virtual machines, ram size is the the current bottleneck in my laptop.

but is it powerful enough to use all 4GB before it bottlenecks? the 560s seem to have risen in price too so I wanted to save as much as I could

Looks like sticker residue to me. Perhaps he misplaced his Amada Kokoro sticker?

People trade ETH/XBT, LTC/XBT and all the relevant currency pairs, you know.
If what you said were true, exploiting it would be as easy as buying alts were BTC crashes and buying back after, that would be very predictable and very easy money.

That market is more efficient that you might think, the altcoin/XBT charts are basically flat no matter what BTC is doing, when they move it's for a different reason.

Picrelated, flat even through a bitcoin crash.

>that would be very predictable and very easy money.

It is, it's called Alt Season.

>LTC
>Relevant

Oh user...

As for your image, it literally shows Eth's last crash just the other day. No need for it to fall even lower.

Rate my build

a bit expensive considering the parts are quite old by now

Then 8 gb might be enough for you.

>It is, it's called Alt Season.
It's called a pump and dump, and you bet your ass it won't last anywhere near a season.

> >LTC
> >Relevant
My point exactly. Of all the shitcoins, LTC is the biggest, and it's still isn't called the Rock for nothing.

Only BTC and ETH can remotely claim to have a nonzero intrisic value, and even ETH just largely follows BTC around.

>As for your image, it literally shows Eth's last crash just the other day. No need for it to fall even lower.
Which, please note, happened at the same time as a BTC crash.
And what my graph is showing is the ETH/XBT, so ETH fell even more than bitcoin.

That's not what I'd call alts going up.

>It's called a pump and dump, and you bet your ass it won't last anywhere near a season

So you're new and haven't experienced alt season before, got it.

That's what people were thinking when ZEC reached $2,000,000 a pop, shortly before crashing back into dust where it belongs.

There's no altcoin season, there's an epidemic of FOMO afflicted idiots throwing their money at trash hoping it goes 50x.

Go ahead, see if that works for you.

I don't know I currently have 6gb, 8gb might be just about enough for me so I was giving myself some slack.

>cheapest available 1050 is 130$
>cheapest available 1050ti is 185$

pcpartpicker.com/list/MCHBRG
My budget is around $500, don't want to go over $600.
Is there anything I should change here? I read the user reviews on everything and they seems to be alright.
Should I get a fan or something?

Yeah a lot of these parts are old because I got most of them 2-3 years ago.

overkill psu for such a budget build.
you could do something like this: pcpartpicker.com/list/zdNqf8
better gpu, motherboard with 4 dimm slots and dual channel memory (2x4gb, it's faster). also the monitor is not a total trash (1600x900 in 2017 ?? jesus)

Does anyone know of any good quality cases that aren't aimed solely at gamers?(no side windows, no colours, no leds, no unnecessary crap) Or should I just try to find some old piece of shit and gut it?

I hear this one is a pretty good, no frills, solid case:

amazon.fr/dp/B009GXZ8MM/?tag=geo01a-21&ascsubtag=pcg-138178480-20

Fuck this shit can't make up my mind. On the other hand G4560 would be enough for my 1080p gayming needs. On the other Ryzen 1600 is just so juicy.

If I bought G4560 I'd have enough money for GTX980ti and I could upgrade later to used i7-6700k. Also, I could get used high-end motherboard for peanuts. But then I'd be supporting Intel and I'd have to be afraid that my system just wouldn't work one day when warranties are up.

Used LGA1150 is also cheap as hell.

I tried to get drunk and order and haggle the fucking parts but I just couldn't make up my mind. Do I need a six core cpu?

pcpartpicker.com/list/8w9GFd

Retard here,

Is this overkill? I want to play AAA games and do digital painting. My questions are:

What's the compatibility issue with the mobo and the cooler?
Do I even need the cooler?
I'm overcompensating with the RAM, right? Why is the monitor so suspiciously cheap?

Thanks in advance

Your cooler needs a special mounting bracket that you can purchase here: corsair.com/fr-fr/hydro-series-h60-h80i-h100i-h110i-amd-mounting-bracket

Alternatively pick a cooler that's compatible out of the box.
Or stick with the stock cooler if you want to save money, it's not too shaby.

>MOTHERBOARD'S MEMORY COMPATIBLITY LIST

literal memes

>What's the compatibility issue with the mobo and the cooler?
New socket that's shaped differently from AM3, so most old coolers don't support it out of the box.

>Do I even need the cooler?
Not particularly, unless you're planning to overclock. The stock cooler on 1600 is pretty good, and sufficient even for a mild overclock.

>I'm overcompensating with the RAM, right?
Eh... you probably don't NEED more than 8 GB, but with your budget there's no reason not to get 16GB.

here is a slightly better one, you dont need watercooling on a 1600

pcpartpicker.com/list/KkcTf8