Video game dev is from Canada, Japan, or Europe

>Video game dev is from Canada, Japan, or Europe
>All games set in modern-day are set in the United States or the protagnist in an American
Why do you do this? Are you countries really so boring?

to sell americans some spank bank material, mostly

I have a few friends who program for places like bioware. they do what sells. it's, like, a business, you know.

>that pic
I cringed

So you wont butthurt, murrifat.
Remember when Gate was aired, it was such a fun to see murrifat getting butthurt over that anime.

WOOOOOO NETHERLANDS YEAH

Because americans are dumb enough to buy any shit with americans in it and there are a lot of stupid americans with money to spare :^)

This basically. Consumerist products should be cartered towards consumerist people ie americans.

FPS is made by American

I have a tough time believing it's merely to grab the almighty American market. In Metal Wolf Chaos, you played as the president of the United States and that game never even came out in the US. I don't recall anybody criticizing Just Cause or Sleeping Dogs for not being "American enough." There doesn't seem to be any guarantee that a game that doesn't star an American character or take place in America won't sell, yet devs insist on it.
Is America just more exciting? Does anything exciting happening in your country or any of your countrymen being heroes seem too far-fetched?

Maybe our culture is just very neutral thanks to globalization. Everyone knows at least something about it so it's less alienating for everyone

ITT: Americans discuss why non-Americans use Americanism to sell Americanism to Americans

Maybe there's more variety in America

The Great Plains, Deserts, Swamps, Alaska, Hawaii, sunny beaches, cold and windy New England towns, rural environments

A little bit of everything

>militaristic games have people from the most militaristic country as protagonists
>this confuses people from that militaristic country

> I don't recall anybody criticizing Just Cause or Sleeping Dogs for not being "American enough."
In Just Cause you play as an American spy that is sent to help a US friendly regime get to power in some irrelevant shithole. That is pretty American in my book.

Technically you were from not-Malta in Just Cause, yet had a Spanish name.

>Hollywood movie about catastrophic event that will destroy the Earth
>the event happens in USA

you mean kojicuck and crapcom. they are a huge ameriboo and full of copies of hollywood. one of the reasons is the devs' generation is that. they grew up with the golden era of hollywood.

its what it is. no one can stop them.

name 20 games that do this

yeah, i thought so

>they grew up with the golden era of hollywood.
I didn't know Kojima was 100 years old!

Because the US military has more capabilities than any military it is allied/neutral/adversary, therefore it gives them more leeway to use any type of combat air, land and sea without using fiction compared to say Britain's pathetic sea fleet...And no one wants to play the bad guys i.e China/Russia

I've heard Battlefield 1 also will be set in America

when you see black MRAPs rolling down your street you may reconsider who the bad guy is

don't worry it's not long now

we can only imagine this stuff in war torn shitholes like afghanistan, iraq, US etc.

I mean the chopper has a french flag smoke behind it I dont know what you're talking about

.....you crazy.

And by USA I mean New York. And by New York I mean NYC. And by NYC I mean Manhattan. And by Manhattan I mean southern Manhattan.

underrated

films from the 70s to the middle 90s were that imo, but for action. those influenced them. kojifuck often acts pretentiously and go too far in his games when it comes to citing films. but shit he talks bout is mostly hollywood ones, not european and others. the former capcrap employee/boss of its development team inafune and okamoto and such are as well.