Why is there so much hate on mac recently?

Why is there so much hate on mac recently?

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretentious gadgets for pretentious faggots?

poor people posting from linux on their $200 chinkpads

Hey, fuck you.

>poor people posting from linux on their $200 chinkpads

jokes on you, i paid $99 for mine used.

they went to shit

people on Sup Forums can't afford it yet they see all the smart people using it so they hate on it.

it's a defense mechanism.

Pretty sure it's always been windows plebs with literally no grounds to stand on that hate mac. Would take mac over windows any day.

t. gnu/linux enthusiast

>gnu/linux
It's just Linux.

-overpriced hardware
-forced updates / silent updates
-forced dev environment / permission hell
-lack of useful ports
-DONGLES
-ports designed to sell peripherals
-bloated software
-inconsistent experience from day to day
-modifier keys are deliberately switched to be confusing to people coming from windows
-design decisions made in favor of form of over function

Has a nice settings menu though

>want to move laptop
>just have to unplug 2 cables and go and then plug 2 back in when you return

seems fine to me!

i'm still waiting for that one user who post that apple chart shit on every apple thread hoping that he can change anything

because its just a gay proprietary version of unix

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

my macbook air cant open that picture :^)

>a gay proprietary version of unix
honestly, osx did start feeling like a gay pride parade on my desktop when they started ripping off the ios design around yosemite.

>recently

UNIX is proprietary as well :^)

>all that bullshit
Do you get paid to post these lies or are you retarded enough to do it for free?

He does it for free

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs

It's more about Jews.

people on Sup Forums can't be as smart as Jews it yet they see all the smart people are Jews so they hate on it.

it's a defense mechanism.

I don't care what other people use.

But I do absolutely hate how almost all tech companies try to copy Apple instead of making something useful.

Also people who can't build a desktop computer, can't upgrade their laptop, or can't use GNU/Linux have no business coming to Sup Forums - and that includes 95% of Apple users.

Kys kike shill

Can you get more comfy?

>Protip: you can't
Great music and writing machine with 5+ hrs of battery life for 15 euromonies

They got even more expensive

The new ones are horrible. 2015 and before was good but their new design with that shitty keyboard and no ports lmao is retarded.

ayyy lmao
you seriously expect anyone to read all this shit? even if it was true?

>t. mactoddler

>t. mactoddler

In order for something to have "went to shit", it had to have been not shit at some point.

srsly i'm not using mac i'm actually ubuntu unity guy which you hate as well

>recently
kek

Kys apple shill

Fuck off /lgbt/ expat, go back to your board.

"""""""""""recently""""""""""

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Mac users
>smart
kek

It's just Linux, your memes can't change that.

But it's actually GNU/Linux. Only retards call it "Linux"

GNU is not a kernel.

Too user friendly, I have to be allowed to fuck with stuff.

>having cables
I just remove my thinkpad from its dock.

Because that's what happens, we all come to Sup Forums a MacFag board and hate on MacFags, it's definitely not the other way round and they just shove their shit down our throats no that never happens right iToddler

>recently

Anyway, macs have been on a constant decline ever since steve jobs died. How do I know that? I've owned a 2013 and 2015 macbook pro. Both sold on ebay and eventually lead me to get a 2017 xps 15 with the quad-core i7 and gtx 1050 gpu.

I have to honestly say, after clinging on to macbook pros for so long, they're not worth it anymore. Too many dongles, overheating, and terrible software support.

Fuck off, stallman.

I don't get it. As long as I can remember I have hated Apple with a passion, but after having been forced to use macs at work everything else besides Mac OS feels so awkward to me. It is so easy to use, but no as retarded as Windows. What makes this god damn computer work so well?

This.
The only problem is the non standard ports.

>recently
how new r u

It's because windows is literal garbage.

But I am too poor to get the new MBP.
When will the GNU/Linux revolution begin Sup Forums?
Will we able to compete with Microjew or lgbtle?

>recently

>no ports lmao

they replaced all the ports with 4 ports that can do anything

usb c is the new standard

you want a fucking floppy drive in your laptop too?

The world isn't ready for type c. While I do agree that it should become the standard for everything except video, ethernet, and pci-express (ie thunderbolt) we are nowhere ready to adopt it as 90% of things out there require standard USB ports.

>they replaced all the ports with 4 ports that can do anything

except work with virtual all usb devices on the market without a dongle

As soon as someone makes a windows laptop that is 16:10 or squarer, lightweight, with dedicated gpu and good build quality, I will buy it and install linux. Until then I'll use my macbook pro.

I think it has something to do with all the faggots shilling for them and more specifically injecting them into irrelevant threads while calling everyone poor or some indian name.

I'm considering buying a macbook pro and upgrading from my x230. Not like money is a problem its just hard to justify spending that much for only improvements in battery life and screen quality and massive downgrades in keyboard quality.

for a programmer it is the laptop for devs to have. It runs anything and is the os it comes with is UNIX based without fearing that it breaks after every update.

People are just mad there aren't good alternatives for laptops. I'd love to have a laptop similar to a current MBP that I could run linux on. The surface ones are good but for windows.

>spending your life on Sup Forums to repost the very same text and the very same pic on literally every mac thread every day
noice

Why are there 7 apple shilling threads up right now?

Keyboards feel like complete shit

I think you mean apple appreciation threads. There's not reason to shill something when it's already the best.

isnt that what a surface book is?

>usb c is the new standard

my phone is usb c and i'm unimpressed. the fast charge and ability to plug in and direction is nice, but i have to fiddle with the cable to get it to fully connect and even the smallest movement can unplug it. it really needs little clips or something on the male side to hold it in place otherwise its freakin nice.

>inb4 crappy cable, i'm on my second charger and have a usb a-c cable and i have the same issue with all of them.

Overheating overpriced rebranded chinkshit imagined in normiefornia isn't "the best" and I know a shill when I see one.

As far as I'm aware and I've been very active on internet for more than a decade, the hate never stopped - only calling Apple consumers gay has stopped in the past 2 years.

You clearly fucking don't lol. why would apple shill on Sup Forums? They don't care about neckbeards, they already have the users they want.

Kek, this

I know a mac loving anal idol posting faggot when I see one

> being criticized by the guy posting foot fetish anime.
kek.
you're right though, I do love my imac.

elf is the best girl

This sums up the thread.

Win is shit for developing. Linux is obviously the next choice, and superior for development, but can't run mac exclusives and more importantly the Adobe Suite or Sketch. If you want to design and develop, mac is the overlap, you have to get a mac.

Mac does it all.

because macfags have started posting a lot more so those of us who are not retarded money wasters have to keep them in check.

also because anything apple is absolute shit

Recently? Is that a joke, or are you actually new here? Macs always inspire hatred, since the first one was made in the early 1980s, haven't you figured that out yet, son?

>also because anything apple is absolute shit
as opposed to the chinese bricks knows as thinkpads right?

better than the chinese bricks known as macbooks
>muh recycled chinese soda cans
so premium :^) and great for throttling

let's be honest, it's all made in china. it might as well look nice and have a good warranty though, unlike your business cast offs

really makes me hmm

of course on the rest of those you have to use windows or worse, linux

>but muh toyOS is uuuunix
That's sad.

>being able to support more I/O from just 1 side of the machine than a StinkPad even with their docks
>bad

Get fucked, retard. This is a tech board and you don't belong here.

>mactoddler thinks he belongs on a tech board

name another system you can things like ms office and photoshop on while using a native terminal with all the programs and utilities available on linux.
the toy os is linux, a shit hobbyist os with no support beyond autists online. even bsd is more respectable than linux.

>this is what mactoddlers seriously belive
normally you guys try to latch on to proper unix for validation now you're shitting on it? lel

>t. mactoddler

>winbabby thinks he belongs on a tech board

Go play with your Vindaloos 10 and zombie shooting gaemz on your hyp3rLED ANUS rig, Prakjeesh.

how is this any worse than if a laptop had all the ports built in? it would still look about as much as a clusterfuck

linux isn't unix, it never has been and it never will be. i didn't shit on unix, i shit on an os that tries to pretend it's unix. the bsd's are closer than linux will ever be, and they don't fuck you over with the retarded gpl license either.

but they do let you do something as simple as moving folders without losing data

>recently
I see you are new here.

You're right, if that is something like your home desk or office cubicle.
It's more of a problem if you travel around with it.
Choice of dongles to bring. Needing to change out a dongle for another one because you need more ports available. Chaining dongles (even in your pic there's a USB Ethernet dongle in the dongle).

But then some other laptop manufacturers have these things called "docks" which you can put on your desk to increase expansion that you just put the laptop on instead of having to plug things into it.

How does it feel knowing all these Windows hardware companies and Windows OEMs' executives go home to glorious Apple products after a long day of peddling lesser trash to 14 year olds and poorfags? You think executives at Windows even actually use their own products, personally, much less a company with less of an association to the brand?

It's because of the recent retarded design decisions, Apple is slowly becoming an unreliable option.

ah the old
>look at this dudes personal laptop this is clearly the machine he does work on what's a workstation ever heard of it
retardation

>using the smiley with a carat nose