Why do you use linux other than it's free and muh windows botnet?

why do you use linux other than it's free and muh windows botnet?

more control over my computer, unless you want jews to run your stuff

you know nothing

go ahead and link a video that proves me wrong. feel free to post a frog too

find out yourself, good goy

>linux
lol ^__^

Not being held hostage of software quality by some corporation is great, not being held hostage of software quality by Microsoft is even better

Because OP as a computer enthusiast and hobbyist computer programmer, free and open source software is so much more of a pleasure to use.

It gives me the ability to truly teak and configure the programs I am interested and view and source code of applications I don't fully understand to help me learn and grow as a programmer.

It also gives me the opportunity to collaborate with other computer enthusiasts to help contribute to making the applications we love great.

Windows and non-free software by contrast are nothing more than a means to an end, rather than an end in and of itself.

Using free software is like being a kid in a candystore. Using nonfree software is like being a kid on a monday of a schoolday.

>easier to rice
>Vim-like keybindings on almost everything
>boot speed
>flawless performance for weeks without booting, so even more boot speed cuz I can just hibernate
>i can remove all the bloat daemons, drop the average load to 0.05 and make my battery last a hell lot longer
>man pages
>info pages
>Just Werks-esque compiling from terminal
>KVM
>almost everything has a lightweight/ncurses version

Is this enough for you

>paying full price for a mac
does it sting to know that a desktop pc can run macOS better than any mac on the market?

But user, I'm using such a desktop PC
You should have realized that just by looking at the specs

>A video that proves me wrong
Just like the videos hand selected on Reddit that taught you otherwise dumbass? Don't you have to be 21 to post here?

Shut up freshman, I bet you never even wrote a patch for anything, let alone submitted it and got it accepted

All you summerfags burbling about "MUH FREEDOM TO TINKER WITH FREE AS IN FREEDOM SOFTWARE BY GAHNOO" make me sick.

what a hopelessly reddit reply. feel free to stop projecting any time now. and you have to be above 18 you stupid newfag

Why are you mad? I've never contributed to kernel code and probably never will. Doesn't change the fact I would much rather use software that gives me the ability to learn from it than software that doesn't.

your bait is strong, wouldn't surprise me if you are just another fedora idiot posting

Your reply was 10x as worse as his. Consider doing more productive things with your vacation bud.

>bait
do you even know what bait is? do you honestly think you're fitting in?

Because I don't like paying 100 bucks to have my computer reboot on me, slowed down by useless spyware, merely for the privilege of playing some shitty games. If you're not 12 the choice is pretty clear.

Have fun sucking dicks and taking drugs you faggot college freshman

>typical reddit FUCK THIS FUCK THAT FUCK YOU response
are you finished yet?

>mfw this thread had turn into two 14 year olds trying to trigger each other

>linux reaction image
>complaining about 14 year olds
???

If you've never edited a single line of code of the software youre using, then stop talking bullshit about how having free and open source software helps you with anything. You would be better off using proprietary blobs, as you obviously only care about quality of your stallmanposting on Sup Forums.

No

>fitting in
>Sup Forums
Wew

To experience less pain in long term

I've contributed to a number of people foss project. Just never kernel code. Are you a fucking retard?

not him but I have
ask me anything

Actually, user, "FUCK THIS FUCK THAT FUCK YOU" is a typical Sup Forums response. You got it a little mixed up.

see

It has a convenient file system, and a package manager built in. Most utilities are well documented, and setting up a development environment can be done very quickly. The community is also a lot more helpful than the Windows community when it comes to solving bugs and issues. You can thank the army of pajeets manning the Microsoft forums for that last one.

>4 GB DDR2
Typical Mac fag

I never mentioned any kernel code you fucking retard. You're obviously too stupid to read.

Also, having a SFML game on github doesn't count as submitting a patch.

I actually agree with the guy in everything he said, I just like throwing a shitstorm. Calms my nerves before sleep

The lack of bloat is more than enough reason for me. A harder question would be "why do you use windows other than much games?"

Because I like xfce's UI and the software package management. Most of the games I like to play are available on Linux anyway.

I use Linux because:
1) it's free
2) it has no botnet

>hating jewish tactics is a Sup Forums thing
Holy dickniggers are you new.
Sup Forums is a cockstain of unimaginable proportions, but hating jewish moneygrabbing tricks isn't unique to them and if you think it is, you really are new as fuck.

>phoneposter giving ME advice
kill yourself

Not him, but how do you know that he is a phoneposter? There is literally nothing that separates his post from the rest

Years ago I got a bsod. I actually tried to change back some days ago to see what had changed (I was hearing that windows 10 was free as in beer) and turns out they don't give it to people with oem licenses, you have to contact the manufacturer or buy a pretty expensive license, and that's way to much trouble for just something I wanted to do because of boredom. I don't even understand why microsoft chose that restriction, if someone versed in arcane proprietary lore can explain it to me that would be cool.

>much games instead of muh games

I'm very anti-American. Anything I can do to help against them datamining and exploiting other countries helps.

I'm not giving you advice I'm asking a legitimate question. Also technically not a phone poster, it's a tablet.

>stop living a convenient life!
Just kys. There's nothing wrong with phoneposting.

ROS

>mfw another thread almost derailed by REEE GO HOME Sup Forums BOOGEYMEN posters
>mfw people aren't just reporting and ignoring

I use Linux for security and optimization. I run Slackware on my desktop and Absolute Linux on my laptop. I'm trying to create a lighter version of Absolute Linux with all the packages/dependencies I need for myself, just so to make my life easier in case my laptop's HDD dies to death. I have a bit of fun configuring everything.

Join ISIS then, faggot.

>me
>linuxfag
>custom poorfag desktop
>16GB DDR3 RAM
>gtx 960
>amd cpu, 4 cores, 3.8ghz
>2tb storage + 3tb external
>~$400

>typical macfag
>buys latest crapple laptop with specs from 2008
>~$1300-$2000
>desktops with decent specs are around 4-5k

85% of what you pay for is a name.

typo, meant ~$500 but still.

>ISIS
It's literally sponsored by US.

It was free as in "free upgrade". You still had to have a valid Windows 7/8.1 license. I think it's over now.

this

It werks®

Better memory management. Higher efficiency and optimized for a different work flows.

Don't get me wrong windows has its place but I wouldn't want to replace any of my Linux machines with windows configurations.

Kek

So I heard. But most computers come bundled with windows licenses (mine did), I think its in a sticker under it. Anyway that oem license didn't work, don't know why.

freetard are really retarded in that they just fall right into street shitters asking for feedback to improve their shilling.

Why do you use water other than to drink and wash things

I'm too used to vim, gcc, irssi, tmux, and a whole bunch of other shit that I've got no real desire to use Windows as my daily driver. I still have my old desktop whenever the urge to game strikes, but for the most part I'm more comfortable with linux.

Can't buy a new Windows license (it is not worth it at this point) and I have acknowledged that vidya gaemz are harmful and I keep going back to it in a Windows operating system, so keeping Linux is healthy for me. This is not 2005 anymore either, so maintaing it is easy unless you have a NVIDIA or AMD GPU. Ultimately, I am convinced that piracy is as good as consuming drugs or buying things mindlessly, forever downloading and storing software and media that I stop using after one week, to never take proper advantage of them or getting shit done.
I am not there yet, but Linux usage reduced the amount of damage a computer causes to my weak mind, I only have to address my usage of internet communities, since debating about AMD vs. Intel is certainly a HUGE waste of time, not to mention I am working for their marketing teams for free by doing what they want.

I just call that dirty business practices

but I don't, I'm not a hobbyist