what web-browser are you using, user?
for me it's gnu/icecat
the best archlinux browser

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7818
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>arch
>not parabola
Not free enough. The Arch maintainers don't care if you get a botnet.

P A L E M O O N
A
L
E

M
O
O
N

D E P R E C A T E D

E

P

R

E

C

I

A

T

I

O

N

Care to elaborate, user?

qutebrowser, it's terrible in some ways but probally the least terrible browser ive used lately... infact i kind of like it.

epiphany

Microsoft Edge.

>webkit

also, sage

nobody runs qutebrowser in webkit mode user, it has a webengine mode which is pretty good

Ungoogled Chromium.

stop following for memes and re-download Firefox, user

i use firefox but it's in a really awkward place with the addon changes coming, im cautiously optimistic that it will still be usable for me afterwards.

Waterfox. Drop-in replacement for memezilla and is continuing support for "classic" add-ons for a while.

Or be a man and get Pale Moon.

thats because they expect their users to read.

He can't since that is a 2012 meme

I was Pale Moon v2.7.30 until 2 days ago, then I downloaded Firefox 55 and it's flying. 720p60 videos on Youtube doesn't lag anymore too, it's been working like a dream.

Netrunner will kill most of these

Use Waterfox. Firefox minus memezilla, better optimized imo.

>user has to check every package before installing, including all dependencies, to see if it's a botnet
vs
>maintainers have to stop distributing botnets

Netrunner is doomed to fail.

You spelled "MEME" wrong

> regex

What's with the facebook meme?

I think I tried it some days ago and its UI immediately disgusted me. Granted, I forgot to try if Classic Theme Restorer worked on it even though I am using it right now on Firefox.

it is truly the best

CTR should work. It is literally de-memed Firefox with different branding and better optimization.
>no pocket
>no eme botnet
>Devin cares about extensibility and choice
Can't go wrong. I use it on my Mac since my PCs all died and can't use Pale Moon anymore.

>Devin cares about extensibility and choice
Meant developer. Fuck autocorrect.

how do you know shit like waterfox, pale moon, or netrunner is trustworthy. Did you audit the code yourself?

What if it stores your passwords in plaintext and then steals your runescape gold pieces

>did you audit the code yourself?
there are entities dedicated to audit them

I use pass (with passFF) like any normal linuxer, don't be silly

Google Chrome web browser is the best and fastest web browser in the world, and Google is the best company.

>there are entities dedicated to auditing them
I need more information on this

I go back and forth between Firefox nightly and iridium. Nightly is the fastest Firefox branch I've used, iridium is about on par.

that's all I have lol

SeaMonkey

Anything mozilla is crap.
Don't tell me what they plan to do, it's just words.
I'd give ungoogled chromium a try if you're not paranoid.

You would have to be a fucking idiot to use a Google browser. Do you not follow the news?

I have to agree with the qutebrowser pick.

It's jist so comfy, kinda bloated but not that much, and the main developer, Florian, is really dedicated to it.
Whenever I had an issue or wanted to report a bug or ask a question, he was there on the IRC channel. He's one of the nicest developers I've ever seen.

They are literally giving up once the next ESR reaches EoL.

Not according to their official blog.

Ungoogled chromium

They have no plan. That post was quite cryptic. I liked Seamonkey but they're dead, they just haven't realized it yet.

I sure hope not.

Least trash:
1. Firefox
2. Chrome
3. Edge

icecat? More like i scat LUL

>edge
>not trash

>user have the freedom to install whatever they want
vs
>maintainers get to tell the users what is okay to install

I'm not giving you a specific software X. Am I preventing you from installing software X, or will you just have to get it from someone else?

64bit Firefox. All other browser just suck dick.

64bit FF ESR / Icecat

It's like Firefox but not shit

Why?

>Rarely have more than 5 tabs open
>Actually close the browser when not needed
>Keep PC clean and lean
>Have THREE addons installed

Yet still, Firefox decides to shit the bed and fucks up more and more websites every week.

I would use Chrome, but 1. botnet 2. It takes like 10 addons to remotely have it behave it like I want to, for instance no history, but a button to restore recently closed tabs in the current session or an option view images in the same tab

The last release of Firefox has major performance enhancements.

Icecat until netrunner is finished

i'm using chrome but the data collection meme is getting old. anyone recommend right to privacy browser?

vaporware

based as fuck

Wrong

placebo

Chromium. Using anything other than Chromium/Firefox/Safari and derivatives means you have terminal autism and should kys yourself asap.

Not posting just to be an edgelord, but microsoft edge browser is actually FUCKING nice, and faster than chrome and firefox.

unironically this

Chrome if you have nothing to hide

>or instance no history
Why not launch incognito by default? I only have three extensions installed not including uBO extra and 4chanX. Runs smother than fucking Midori. If only it had native style sheets support.

Isn't pale moon Firefox but renamed for copyright reasons?

I use cyberfox x64 but it lags very often

i don't know anything about the legal implications of its existence, but yes it's a branch of firefox but without bloating, slowing and instability
only downside is that it crashes like once every week but other than that it's (relatively) the fastest and most stable browser i've ever used

>written in C
Why not Rust? It would allow wider contribution without security-impacting memory bugs and piggybacking on the work already done with Servo. Don't get me wrong, I love C, but from a practical standpoint building a whole new browser from scratch is a massive undertaking.

Chrome

>32-bit Firefox outperformed 64-bit Waterfox in Peacekeeper browser benchmark tests run by TechRepublic in 2012,[4] and 64-bit Waterfox slightly outperformed 32-bit Firefox in tests run by Softpedia in 2014.[5] However, in 2016 64-bit Waterfox performed worse than 64-bit Mozilla Firefox in the Kraken, SunSpider, JetStream, and Octane 2.0 benchmarks.[6] Benchmarks were once available on the developers website but have since been removed.[7]

Lol nice optimized browser you got there.

they are NOT building from scratch, they just ignore retarded suggestions

>not trash
He said least trash sir.

opera is pretty comfy
>inb4 Opera is a meme browser

iridium

Moonchild has a FAQ for plebs like you.

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7818

Ungoogled Chromium here

>499 days ago
Old as shit

i don't know if you're the same person who has been saying this in all of the browser threads

but i keep asking, isn't that project completely unsupported and outdated? does this create vulnerabilities and make it unwise?
why don't you use iridium, which is updated to the latest version of chromium?

see

Gone by year's end. Dev won't work with other memezilla spin-offs to maintain something that isn't shit.

>the freedom to take away other people's freedom
>the freedom to be a slave
>the freedom to NOT have freedom

people defending proprietary software always get me

Waterfox. I've been lost since Opera went to shit. Vivaldi sucks. They all suck and I don't care to pay attention to it anymore.

>For daily use I will use Edge
hahahahaha

Waterfox is great but using vpns on it suck ass

For example let's say I want to use a vpn to watch, say the Dodgers through mlb at bat, I would need go keep the vpn on throughout the game without a single hiccup otherwise the entire feed lags and becomes virtually unwatchable. So I can't just turn the vpn on then once the feed loads turn off the vpn

It isn't just live streaming but proxies in general suck ass on Waterfox

Why does Vivaldi suck, in your opinion?

So why the fuck does Mozilla insist in making Firefox worse and worse every fucking new version

>can't even use youtube out of the box
Sorry, I give a little of a fuck about my freedoms but not at the expense of this, all because of muh non-free Javascript. Not everyone wants to be a caveman like Stallman.

safari

>Parabola
>Not void

lol
why even bother with a vpn?

too many god damn browsers

I just took a few benchmark tests and compared them. Why is Safari faster than a fresh installed Chromium?
>pic related

Wow, Firefox has really upped their HTML5 game in these last updates. That's way higher than it was before.

Did you bring it to the developer's attention on plebbit or through his website?

I use Safari on my work fagbook, I hate it but it's like a purpose built race car compared to pleb commuters whilst consuming half the fuel.

Just can't get over curbs.

You are brainwashed.