Arch or Debian?

I can't decide.
Should I use Arch or Debian Unstable?

>want to have access to all free software made by mankind up to date without having to deal with the hell that is build scripts?
Arch

>Want a system that actually works?
Debian

I recommend debian 9. It just released and it just werks.

Neither, use Gentoo.

>he unironically used the AUR
oh dear

>want to have access to all free software made by mankind up to date
>without having to deal with the hell that is build scripts?

Pick one.

Will I become unstable if I use Debian Unstable?

debian if you actually want to have a small, configurable base to build off
arch if you just need leet bloatware with fairly new packages

debian unstable is pretty stable

install mint

all other distros are autistic and barely work

debian has a phenomenal software collection too, it's just out of date and doesn't break a few times a year

speaking from experience here
Arch is great if you use the AUR often, Debian is a pain to setup properly but it generally has a ton more support. The Arch Wiki knows almost everything and tweaks for convenience. I just reinstalled Debian because OpenRC borked itself with pacman -Syu but thats my fault for not getting an LTS kernel
>install my shrek's cum version of Ubuntu
pass.

I want to use Cinnamon DE.

Isn't Mint made by Fisher-Price?

Debian has honestly broke on me way more than arch ever has, and I'm not even talking about unstable im talking about testing and stuff

Install (and maintain) Gentoo?
Ain't nobody got time for that!

Don't use any other Debian branch than stable for production. If you miss updated packages, run stable with backports or move to Ubuntu. So, consider Arch vs Ubuntu.

>production

>be on arch
>update pandoc
>it now pulls in additional 750 mb of haskell dependancies
archcucks will defend this

This seems like a good place to ask.

How do I install a minimal version of Debian 9. Just the drivers I need and the packages I want. Netinst simply pulls all the bloat from the mirrors.
I know I can just install like regular and remove packages after, but I was hoping I could simply only install what I want.

RHEL

If you aren't educated enough to make up your own mind, I suggest you use Manjaro instead.

>Debian unstable
>work