Wage or salary slaves?

Which is worse, which are you, and why?

Also, general discussion of "dream offices" aka where 15 year olds want to work because they saw it in a FB post. Google and Facebook HQ are prime examples of this. They make the office your second home so you work for them more, basically making you their slave.

I miss the old days when if your boss wanted something, he would wait till tomorrow. If you were at Google, you'd be at a family reunion and you'd be the cuck saying "Sorry, gotta take this call—work." and leaving early to fix a compilation error. You'd be checking your work email at home, sending and receiving emails about shit at work. Why can't work stay at work? This is why I want to start a business, none of that cuckery. Of course, that comes with a bunch of bullshit too, but there are certain businesses that will always thrive. Food, for example, because everybody eats.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GowCEiZkU70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's no wonder these manchildren want to work here.

>inb4 jealousy

This is why, lawyer women hate stay at home mom and loves musician

>Stay at home mom
>High enjoyment

lol

Ask your grandma how close she was to offing herself until the Quaaludes helped her through it.

I should've said pic not very related. The first reply should've been the thumbnail. I'm not talking about the image, but wage and salary slaves.

So a lawyer makes more than a pro athlete? This chart is shit.

>Why can't work stay at work?

Because we have to compete with India and China and constantly increase our """""""""""""""""productivity""""""""""""""""".

24 hour world. Welcome to globalism.

I work at Google. They do not make the office "your second home so you work for them more". It's basically like any other office except you don't pay at the cafeteria and the boss doesn't ride your ass about deadlines. Yes there are games in the office, but pretty much every office has stuff like foosball and table tennis now.

Your specific example of "Sorry, gotta take this call" has literally never happened to anyone I know short of SVP level positions. Nobody at work outside of HR even has my phone number, and I never check email outside of work. I'm salaried for 40 hours a week but I have never worked more than 35. This strategy of slacking off is working for me too, I just got promoted.

The job is 100% about results, they don't give a fuck how you do things so long as you do high-impact stuff well.

Frankly I think the whole "they work Silicon Valley employees to death" meme is just a coping mechanism from people who make 30k in an IT department trying to justify why they're okay with the fact that they couldn't get a six figure salary at a household name.

>pro athlete
WNBA players who make $30k a year are technically pro athletes, and those athletes (second tier pro sports) far out number NBA, NFL, NHL players, so I wouldn't be surprised if the avg pro salary was ~$100k

mech. eng. working in an office doing mostly CAD, and I'm currently a wage slave, but I'm sure I'll get salary after a few months (just started a month ago). so far, I haven't had to work outside of the office, but I imagine that's a) I'm new and b) if there's work to be done, we can do overtime

that being said, I've worked in a lot of manual labour jobs, and I would take an office setting with an occasional hour or two of work at home over manual work any day

>I work at Google

do you have any indian friends there?

What's the strategy?

Isn't 100k in silicon valley basically like 60k?

>trust fund

>highest enjoyment

its just like anyone else with neetbux or on the gibes right?

Kinda wish I asked my grandma about what she thought about the feminist stereotype that women were stuck in the kitchen. She would brag that she worked ever since she was 14.

I much prefer wages. I'd only consider salary if it was $100k or more. Never met one person truly happy they were salary. Also OP I hate work places that spy on you. Monitoring your internet, gps in their vehicles, things like that. As long as you meet the production expectations you should be trusted and have a little leeway at work.

Where is a scientist in this graph?

Can't enjoy life when you're dead inside.

My job would technically be wage slave tier, but over the last five years I've carved out a niche where no one questions what it is I do all day, my managers end up being replaced roughly every four months, and I never have any real deadlines to meet. Comfy as fuck.

>I miss the old days when if your boss wanted something, he would wait till tomorrow

Reminds me of this: youtube.com/watch?v=GowCEiZkU70

The good old days? Facebook and Google are copying the old technique of the "company town" from the "good old days"

It's not about enjoying being a slave.
It's about being born into slavery like 99.9% of human population.

Nice try pajeet.
Google is just an h1b visa sweatshop like Microsoft these days

t. google shill

>salesman's position
Right...

>teacher
>not lowest of the low on salary and enjoyment

It's such a shitty job in most places, especially cities.

A slave is not a man. A slave is not even worthy of death.

What about physicians?
Hi Salary, Lo Joy?

>self-important parasites like teachers enjoy like more than programmers and are paid almost as much
Troll pic.

>mfw people think getting a free laptop and free smartphone from your work is a perk

wake up sheeple, you are being asked to be on call and work from home

teachers don't make nearly that much money..

>salesmen
>happy
pick one

Calling a teacher a parasite. You're the real winner here fambam. Go stick your dick in the vacuum.

Up until about 7 years old, I wanted to "work on airplanes."
20 years later, and I'm an aviation mechanic.
Did child me know this?

Make no mistake, nearly every teacher is a glorified babysitter/government political commissar. Public education was a mistake, but it isn't too late to abolish it.

Teachers teach the curriculum. The content of the curriculum isn't their fault.

You are deluding yourself if you think the vast majority of teachers isn't enthusiastically "progressive" (a term the Soviets were not coincidentally fond of). Wherever you go teachers are more progressive than the general population because of the incentives: teachers feed on gubbermint bux and hence it is in their interest to want more gubbermint. Teaching jobs attract people who want more gubbermint.