What is the best way to learn a foreign language Sup Forums I want to learn Japanese

What is the best way to learn a foreign language Sup Forums I want to learn Japanese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZEA54VJEdE
youtube.com/watch?v=HRerwXWTRjM
youtube.com/watch?v=CKjaFG4YN6g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI
youtube.com/watch?v=_UD4_m_XHB4
youtube.com/watch?v=hRfHcp2GjVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I did it by watching movies with subtitles, but I guess it's harder with japanese since the alphabet is a fucking shitshow

Two alphabets (hiragana and Katakana) + Chinese ripoff

Total immersion + some direction (teaching or whatever)

Japanese is one of the EASIEST languages to learn.

shack up with a native

on the plus side, she can't say no since you don't know the word no

Rosetta Stone is the BEST method to learn any language. I've been learning Japanese since the beginning of this month. It's FUCKING AMAZING, to be able to watch anime and actually understand what they are saying here and there.

Learn with me user-kun~

Start with Duolingo. (Yes everyone bags on it but its great for basics and some vocabulary)
Use it every day, but don't just use it, repeat every sentence and word you learn 5 times outloud.
Then download assimil and complete that book and exercises, it is important you take your time and don't skim through it.
Then start reading, children's books, news articles etc.
Listen to local radio in target language.
Find someone who speaks it and try to talk with them.
Immersion (ie moving to the country) is only really effective if you have to use the language and not just get away with English.
Bonus step: find gf who speaks

t. Kiwi with dutch gf

haha good lad my aussie mate has a dutch gf as well

thanks!

Gomenasai. Watashi wa omae desu dude weed kekekeke

Foolproof way to learn any language:

>learn 300 most common words
>read newspapers
>watch tv
>you will pick up on the subtle nuances of sentence structure

You are now a master of the language

Works every time!

Find a flaw.

Shill detected

Holy shit.

This may be the very first time in my years here that someone has used shill correctly.

I may need a minute.

Assuming you can't take courses, get a textbook (Genki, Minna no Nihongo, etc.) and set study goals. If you can get a hold of the hiragana/katakana book that elementary kids use, they're good writing practice.

Don't neglect kanji, the first 500 are difficult, but you'll start seeing patterns after a while.

has a good idea, but do it with Japanese stuff in English. Good listening practice. Anpanman, Sazae-san and Chibi Maruko are all kid shows and good listening practice, even without subtitles.

has an okay idea, but every guy I know who did this talks like a woman. Try and do language exchanges or study with natives.of both sexes to learn the differences.

Either study or try and work/do a working holiday in Japan.

Good luck, I started with 2 years (4 courses) in uni, moved here in 2006, got my N2 in 2008 and my N1 is 2012.

Google Pimsleur.

Then torrent Pimsleur Japanese.

Also if you want to write it. Google "Chineasy".
Thats how I learnt.

Thanks I plan to do a teaching degree at university next year and would love to learn Japanese in the mean time and eventually move to the country.

If your school has ESL students from japan, see if they have a student tutoring program. They might be willing to help you in exchange for it.

what a gret plan, you'll probably be the only anglo wanting to live in japan by teaching english. such a snowflake.

ok? I never implied that no need to be salty...

I'm out of school but I'll look into what the university offers I know a few Aussies who are spending a year in Japan for their studies.

Working holidays are an option too, short term and a good trial run to see if you want to try staying longer.

And ignore Captain Salty, he's just realizing that even when it comes to getting laid, wherever you go, there you are.

>TFW fluent in 4 languages including Japanese

How does it feel to be a retarded cunt? Tell me.

>Flag

I'm guessing you could do a better job telling us.

Going to anime conventions and spouting half assed lines you learned from watching Keion and other moeshit doesn't count, fagtron.

Japanese is a shit language my man. Learn another western language if you want to expand your mind

An hero and hope that you are reincarnated as a Jap. Trust me, I did it twice.

And yet you keep getting "Muslim"

And you're still a muslim, how does it feel?

Hivemind from Muslim expats.

tfw want to learn Russian but can't make the rolling R sound at all

What does being American have to do with anything, you subhuman English teacher? People from all over the world compete to get into American colleges. We're the best, faggot.

黙れ横向きカナダ
死ね

Ooga booga indeed, and while I'm not a teacher, that Japanese is shit-tier from Google translate, or you've been drinking tap water from Flint, Michigan .

じゃあお前日本語でなんか言ってみろよカスが
人間録音機の分際で調子に乗ってんじゃねーよ
死ね

what about romanji?

>TFW fluent in 4 languages
>including Japanese

This sounds like bullshit, but I hope it's not. Are they really phasing out kanji?

What's wrong? Are you jealous because you're a retard who's stuck in Japan but doesn't speak Japanese?

まず、あなたの文章はとても短い。
まるで、アニマやドラマから習ったフレーズを繰り返しているのみ。あなたは死ぬ死ぬばっかりを言っているだから、あなたの方こそ人間録音機と思います。

どう?ガキのように以外話せる?やっぱりできないだろう?アメリカの教育水準は高くなくて、そしてあなた自身は口先ばかりで行動しない.

旧式トラクター大統領さんによろしく!

kek

クアッドとダッブルチェック!w

Dude, your grammar is so fucked. Keep studying, though! You're further than most people. :)

wait five years for your phone to do it for you.

How about you go nuke yourself

just learn korean its not retarded and makes sense

그리고 일본 적이라서

"H--heh, nice try kiddo, but try again"

You'd run away if it wouldn't kill you from the strain. And like I said, you're incapable of saying anything you didn't memorize from anime an drama, and can only repeat "die! die!"
like some angry Japanese 2nd grader.

Ask mommy to make you some tendies to make the sad go away before you go to bed, okay?

>What's wrong? Are you jealous because you're a retard who's stuck in Japan but doesn't speak Japanese?

Why are you mad? Sounds like you were some weeb ALT and you couldn't manage to stay here and you got sent home and now are furious at anyone who is in Japan.

Keep studying tho I'm sure your language will help you at the next anime convention ; )

Move to Tokyo area in Japan where english is common
Bring Rosetta Stone
Once you get better move to backwoods town where very few are english proficient

Then the local chief will make you a real deal nihonjin and give you an official high school uniform desu

>Move to Tokyo area in Japan where english is common

desu, when you don't need to use it, you won't. If you absolutely need to use it, you develop a lot faster.

Oh, and can I see some examples of those other 4 languages you're allegedly fluent in? I'm wondering what the memorized lines from anime/drama in those countries are like!

me too, and I had a greek friend try forever to teach me to do it

Dude, come on. I'm supporting your studies. We can all see that your sentences are stilted and awkward due to inexperience. It's a natural part of the learning process.

Please gracefully accept the truth and return to your study material.

watch lots of anime

You really don't know how to lose gracefully on the internet, do you? If you're so much better, let's see it! Or explain what was wrong with my grammar if you're such a pro?

How about some lines in those other language you claim to be fluent in.

Goddamn, summer came fast this year.

This is true but it's nice to ease into the language instead of bumbling around for the first month like some feral child.

Watch 300 animes, I'm pretty much Japanese.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZEA54VJEdE

>summer

fucking newfags, moot said summer doesn't exist

And now we have a sweet autumn child to lead us into battle against degeneracy.

>Put it in your mouth is kill

Fuuuck, those videos brought me so much nostalgia, a while ago i tried searching them and aparently he took them down.

Arigato gosaimasu, you BITCH.

And for anyone who want's to work on their English, try this series

youtube.com/watch?v=HRerwXWTRjM

why would you learn a foreign language? are you a cuck or something?

checked by kek

Thank you, dear user. I think I'm ready to move to America now.

>drop a nuclear bomb on Japanese city
>walk into inflicted area after blast
>the radiation with naturally imbue you with the language of all those you just vaporized.

>romanji
>learning japanese
Pick one

desu desu desu

youtube.com/watch?v=CKjaFG4YN6g

>ITT People who dont know fucking Sup Forums has a daily thread DEDICATED TO LEARNING JAPANESE

>When a Japan flag speaks broken Japanese or fluent English to me

Go to bumfuck nowhere rural japan
No english speakers plus country girls are the best

Can you write a longer sentence in Japanese without repeating yourself? How about those corrects if you want to help me study? And those other languages you're fluent in?

*corrections

But please, we're all waiting here, reddit-kun

"This is a sea-urchin."

Australian english is better

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI

truth here

i have like 10 different language packs, and rosetta stone makes learning them easy as fuck

i'm just a lazy piece of shit, but if you spend an hour a day on 1 language, you're good to go famalamia

i recommend all lazy fucks in here go download

>read pirate

rosetta stone and the different language installs.

"I'm learning Thai, for a thing"

youtube.com/watch?v=_UD4_m_XHB4

japanese is hard as fuck to learn. i'm a whitefag and my second language was chinese because my dad insisted on making me learn "the future business language", but learning japanese is still hard as FUCK for me. 你好人們,我的中文對白人說還行吧。可是日語對我來說非常難學,非常麻煩。祝我好運!

Rosetta stone

Excusez moi!?
Why aren't we in there?! We're the fucking champs of bullshit language

Easiest way to learn a Language is by travel.

I guess no one could do it?

>I want to learn a language spoken only in some tiny xenophobic island nation because muh anime

Please kill yourself. If you are going to learn a language atleast learn one that is useful.

After 9 years and over 300 animes I can understand this video 100% (and only 5% for anything more complicated).
No doubt the best way to learn. In 20 years I'll be Japanese.
youtube.com/watch?v=hRfHcp2GjVI

Japan is the only country outside the anglosphere that makes media worth watching or reading.

>xenophobic
>as if it was a bad thing

>what is russia

>Skip Kanji
wew

I've heard it's good for incredibly basic shit, but instead of saying look at those two hats you'll say two hats look

Duolingo is ok for vocab and grammar and has nice interface+works as mobile app. Quite addictive.

Glossika "Mass Sentence Training" is excellent for quickly increasing listening comprehension and expanding vocab+improving grammar.

Sites like iTalki/Verbling which let you arrange Skype/Hangout language lessons or language exchanges are the best resource IMO - the sooner you actually start speaking the language the quicker you learn it.

A useful blog to follow is also Benny Lewis' "Fluent in 3 Months" which has regular helpful blogposts and articles by both fulltime/pro polyglots as well as basic learners.

Why do you proxyfags rp with flags? Do you think it's healthy?

god if youre going to learn a language can you please actually dedicate time to actually study it and not just watch a shit ton of anime and delude yourself into thinking youre becoming fluent?
and in your first year of learning if you don't do remembering the kanji youre never going to be able to read shit

Not a proxy, burger.

Yeah maybe 20 years ago. Rosetta Stone is a very expensive way of getting an inferior and outdated version of what you can get for free from the likes of Duolingo.

gaijin = goyim

>Luigi the spaghetti nigger who couldn't even beat the Greeks alone.

Listen to me right now you, and listen well becauae I'm only going to say it once, I learned base Chinese that allowed me to move into learning it fluently veeeery easily thanks to PIMSLEUR. PIMSLEUR, I FUCKING SWEAR BY IT. Buy it or torrent it, either way it's worth it. Fuck rosseta stone, you can play video games and do Pimsleur at the same time

Kek

French or arabic they extremely easy

Why? Arent you Weeaboo enough?

Sure, Mr. Smith.

Korean girls keep calling me onion evrytime they see me, annoying little shits.