Why are you not using Darwin, Sup Forums?

Why are you not using Darwin, Sup Forums?

Why should I?

free macOS

why should i? Who develops it? What Oses are there with this kernel
My favorite meme OS is Haiku, still would prefer it instead of Winaids

Apple develops it.
Mac OS is based on Darwin

could you produce a screenfetch for us to see? or even better, neofetch?

I feel you are bullshitting

I am using my phone ATM.
I just posted a random pic of darwin

because i am a creationist

> round corners on top, sharp on bottom
can freetards do anything right? why is this in every wm ever with no option to make it normal?

Because I can't find where to download the source.

PureDarwin on github

>Apple Public Source License, with proprietary drivers

>last update 6 months ago

enjoy your alphabet agencies botnet

I don't use an irrelevant OS

But can it run Mac executables?

Cool, it looks like Gnome 1. Best GUI ever.

Not OP but not a chance, .dmg files check your macos version etc...

Member of the dev team here. I can answer any questions you guys have. We're currently in working on a version of puredarwin that runs the same kernel as the one as macOS 10.12.4, but Apple isn't releasing the src of some stuff which makes our job harder.

What software can I run on Darwin?

You're supposed to be able to run any macOS applications, but in reality it's mostly just specially compiled applications that also are in the mach format.

can I get a working virtual box/VMware/whatever image of a recent version?

totally

Probably not modern high level stuff that relies on a lot of Apple specific libraries and stuff. But if you compiled the typical C hello world program on macOS then there's a good chance that binary would run on PureDarwin.

None currently exists. We need to develop a couple more libraries to replace closed source ones from macOS to even get the latest one booting. There is a 10.10.5 version I can't give out that does get to shell, but it doesn't have any graphics/networking, just a shell.

because it still doesn't support monotonic clocks and I have real software to write

PureDarwin has not been updated in years because Apple wont give the makefiles to prevent people from using darwin lmao

Because Darwin is completely useless

so Xmas is the only way to get Darwin w/ GUI?