Name a single reason, besides autism, why would anyone use Linux

Name a single reason, besides autism, why would anyone use Linux.

Why is she so cute?

iq greater than 120

He said besides being smart.

Needing to use a computer for more than playing video games.

it's better in every way. I installed Arch on all of my PCs and never looked back.

Being competent enough to use a computer without having your hand held the entire time.

Muh freedums

its better than windows

POO

BEE

Faster IPC, open source kernel and software, legit package managers, larger variety of compilers and editors, selectable/optional GUI. Why aren't you using Linux, OP? Games not accessible? Please don't throw a low effort response like "I have a life/job/brain" or "I'm not autistic/down/retarded" I unironically want to know why you stick to Windows when there is clearly a superior way to use your computer.

it respects your freedom

cool-retro-term

I consider myself an enthusiast and I use an operating system catered to my needs.

If it's too hard to understand, let me use an analogy.
A car enthusiast doesn't drive a toyota yaris. Yeah it works for 99% of your car needs, but noone cares. No matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise and convince your friends it's still a bland shitbox for car-illiterate people aka women.

Probably so NSA can't look at all my pronz

If it's still a concept too hard to grasp, let me express the idea with an easy to digest infographic.

celibacy

>I unironically want to know why you stick to Windows when there is clearly a superior way to use your computer.
Too lazy to learn all this Linux shit.

I have a video tutorial on learning Linux, to get certified or something. My bro hooked me up with it. It is hours long. Hours of video, listening to some nerd talk about how to use Linux's ancient command-line bullshit

I would sooner eat glass.

To piss off Sup Forums menchildren and street shitters

This is really what it all comes down to. If not for games, windows wouldn't have near the market share it currently has

old, loud, gas hungry and expensive to maintain piece of shit VS Modern, efficient and cheap to maintain.
Hmmmmmmmmmm
lincucks didn't think this one through.

yeah no one is going to think youre cool for using linux

This is no one's fault except Linux devs for not making their OS game friendly

I'm a linux server admin. So kinda need to understand it

That's not true, microsoft's aggressive and monopolistic tactics in the early 2000's are why windows is a thing now.

There used to be major linux support at the heardware level until microsoft started making it part of their OEM arrangement to only support Windows.

>t. Sup Forums in mount stupid

You don't know what's under that hood; you're just making assumptions. For all you know, it could be converted to electric. It's actually a pretty good analogy, because a unix-like environment is dependent on the user. If you're not knowledgeable and you haven't any skills, you're gonna have a shitbox. If you know your shit and have the skills, it can be whatever you want it to be.

injection drivers to hack wep, wpa and wps networks.
custom desktop environment.
i dont have to pay anything.
no malware out of the box, no need for antivirus and shit.
package managers.
kill command actually kills.
no useless process on background

So you can shitpost about it on Sup Forums.

>retards think that gamers are the majority.
PC gamers are a drop in the bucket, they just have a very loud mouths and like to hang around in the same Taiwanese image boards as you.

Because everyone knew back in the day that Windows sucks. Did people forget that ot something?

OpenGL is supported by most major game engines, and well known game developers like John Carmack have said they like it better than DirectX. The only "fault" that linux has is that no company wants to support linux because "muh market share".

I was assuming we were talking about home users and enthusiasts, but you're correct. I made a poor assumption.

(((Linux))) is for communist cucks, it will be destroyed on day of the rope.

>old, loud, gas hungry
That's what makes it fun.
>expensive to maintain piece
Imports are notiously expensive in maintenance because of the price of spares, and you can fix old iron with a welder and a grinder most of the fucking time.

See, you're as much clueless on operating systems as you are on cars. You're the one who didn't think it through.

I'm going to correct you here: European imports are expensive to maintain (being a euro car guy, I know this first hand). Japanese and Korean imports are very cheap to maintain.

Shut the fuck up, you clearly don't know jack shit.
Toyota is one of the cheapest to maintain car brands out there. They have tons of manufacturing facilities all over the world and 6 of them are in the states.

Well it's the other way around in Euroland. Gookshit may be cheap, but spares will cost you a fortune, american imports are a lot cheaper to run long-term.

>being american

yes, gamers are like 1%, that's why companies are starting to invest similar amounts to how much is invested in movies into games, they love wasting money

>gook spares cost a fortune
>americans are cheaper in the long run
Straight up factually wrong.

This is autism

whatever you say cheng

europeans actually maintain their shit which is why its so cheap there burgers are the laziest fucks in the world but dont act like it because they love being bootlicking stupid fucks getting assreamed for being tricked into being believing that being workaholics is the only way to live and if you dont you get fed to someone that accepts that thinking

Done down with the obscenities buddy, we're not 12 and you don't have to impress anyone

Media/file server

go fuck yourself you dick licking shitbag

Wtf are you even trying to say here?
Are you unironcially trying to argue that PC gaming is the biggest reason why linux isn't popular among normies?

If Linux is so great for non-gaming tasks then why does every business pay through the nose for Windows and Microsoft's server software? If Linux is better why don't they use that?

Also kek at all the butthurt linuxfags projecting ITT

Nice counter argument you got there, bud. Loonix surely is the superior way.

pajeet windows shill go

FREEDOM

-tech illiterate parents are forced by their children to buy them windows machines for gayms.
-gaming is a profitable market overall.
-you grow up on windows BECAUSE of games, because what else would male kids do? And then, all you know as a grown up is windows so you stick to it cause you're too lazy or impatient to learn a different OS.
-males are dominant in relationships so women will use whatever their men use, which is windows. They overall don't care. For example, my gf uses GNU.

Yeah, gamers are in minority but they're the relevant minority (kids). What you grow up using is in most cases what you'll continue to use.

>arguing with a sub-human
Learn to use a toilet like humans do.

It werks®

Easy as fuck, too bad u don't have the balls to try it urself

Fuck off, pajeet.

I wanted to use Linux. The whole idea appealed to me. Not having to pirate Windows and give up my privacy and all that.

Every distro requires complicated commands that most of us won't fuck with. Life doesn't have to be that hard. If the whole Linux dev communtiy actually got together on something they could probably dethrone Windows. It should've happened by now but they're too busy being elitists. They're waiting for Linux to be worth something to all us plebs, but they're unwilling to "dumb" it down. I'm hoping some distro becomes usable before 7 support ends, but I'm not holding my breath.

Your technological illiteracy doesn't entitle you to demand others to work in a certain way.

This is the attitude I'm talking about. Enjoy your crippled OS and unfounded sense of superiority.

It's very dumbed down already, unless you have a 2 digit IQ. For those people Android and ChromeOS for desktop exist.

>getting mad because you can't learn a new thing and blame others instead
Are you a negro?

Not a negro. I just don't have the spare time you obviously enjoy.

>The whole idea appealed to me.
You got the wrong idea.
Your idea was "Windows but one I don't have to pay for". In reality it never was and never will be "windows you don't have to pay for"

There's android and chromeos, and this is just the google example.

Alright. Then what do I have to pay for if I use Linux?

1/2

comfortable for programming

2/2

3 digit IQ people need a week at most to be comfortable with Linux, sadly this doesn't apply to the lesser individuals.
After all this time, the time wasted fixing Linux is quite a lot less than the time needed to maintain a Windows installation, plus the whole Windows 10 fiasco with the forced updates/restarts.
So you aren't a nigger, spic maybe?
I have an advice, stop blaming your ineptitude on others, if you don't know something it's YOUR fault.

Did they fix her up a bit

Can't u fucking read?

Completely inadequate response. Your pet OS will never be user friendly because of people just like you.

Sit back and watch the usage share go nowhere while you act like the cringy cartoon you've come to be.

>strawmen followed by an ad hominem
I present to you, the Untermensch

Because I need to set up a remote developer station, thay can act as my server and virtual machine as I sit on a beach getting a hand job from a Dominican hooker while snorting a line of coke off her friends double Ds who just brought me my fourth mai tai for optimal coding skill.

same dickless fag.

>Not running a lightweight Linux distro on your laptop for max performance and stealing your neighbors WiFi passwords.

Why even post on Sup Forums?

>doesn't know Sup Forums became Sup Forums's tech support and designated shilling board

Why do people pretend being dumbed down to the point where your tech illiterate grandmother is capable of using is somehow the end goal of all software?

I mean come the fuck on, majority of people on the planet get confused, scared and blame viruses when you place their browser shortcut in a different corned of the desktop, and we're talking about people with 10+ years of experience in actually sitting in front of a windows computer.

>memeing with macros
>claiming intelligence
Please move on.

>being this mad

Autism =/= Smart

>he thinks over 10% of Windows market share is composed by gamers
You need to get out more often

Yeah, one of the patches made her more attractive.

Congrats on you use of the basic chantard logic package. You are officially worth no one's time.

Because unless you need something that's Windows exclusive or just works better on Windows, then you gain absolutely nothing by using Windows. In fact you get worse performance, have to pay $100 for a license AND get spied on to boot.

For basic computing Windows doesn't really add anything of value for the average user. They'd be just as well off using Ubuntu or Fedora or whatever flavor you like.

>still no arguments
AHAHAHAHAAHAHA, you are just basically the gibs me dat of the tech world with your sick entitlement, no one owes you shit.
Basically what said.

>Your pet OS will never be user friendly
But it is. We simply have different preferences.Most Linux users don't want a Windows-like experience. I mainly use Linux, but I do have two other computers with Windows 10 and MacOS. I really see no benefit to having the other two systems around though. Think about it, MacOS has Brew, Windows 10 has that Ubuntu bullshit. Why are they implementing Linux features? It's because Linux is great. Why not take advantage of what it has to offer?

Because its easier to use than Windows and doesn't cuck your hardware.

The untermensch wasn't complaining about features, he was literally saying Loonix too hard, keep us broda down.
It's only another case of entitlement trying to blame his own shortcomings on others, it's like a kid saying math sucks because it's too hard and expecting to be taken seriously.

Math is hard though so it isn't a good comparison, Linux is easy.

Its more like someone complaining that they can't work a coffee machine because they are too lazy to read the instructions.

>Math is hard
No it isn't.

True that, the problem is they get mad when called out on their stupidity and blame the coffee machine manufacturer.

>have arch on work laptop
>laptop dies
>buy new laptop
>copy backupimage of system onto new laptop
it just werkz (tm)

Anything beyond basic algebra is objectively abstract enough to require regular practice to use, Linux concepts and programs make far more sense, a bootloader is easy to understand, calculating the area exposed to air of a floating log is not.

Like what?

> Music production/audio editing?
Nope
>Video production/editing?
Nope
>Photo editing?
Nope (GIMP.. kek)
>CAD?
Nope, not really
>Desktop publishing?
Not so great either

And for the sake of argument lets just say your free office packages can compete.

>Programming?
Yeah it's ok, but for some reason all the good software is on all the other systems... so all the good programmers don't seem interested for some reason..

Let's face it. Besides programming and gaming you don't even know why people would even use a computer. This says more about the average linux user than normal people. All you do yourself is browse, write some shitty code if you actually know how, and desperately try to get some games to work through Wine.