Browsing some lewds

>browsing some lewds
>suddenly hear a steam notification sound
>I don't have steam running on this machine yet
>maybe i'm going insane or something
>not 10 minutes later
>skype notification sound
>i do not own a device running skype

Sup Forums what the fuck could have possibly caused this. I'm pretty fucking terrified right now.

take your meds

u gott haked m8

You're either hallucinating or hearing other things around you and mistaking it for sounds you're more familiar with.

Ads maybe ?

some webpages full of aids ... I mean ads use the same sounds to get attention or even a click by braindead faggots.

running appropriate blockers, shouldnt have anything like that from ads, right? Unless they're able to start, play the sound, and then get killed or something.

pretty sure i'm not hallucinating, but my word doesnt mean much there. The sounds both times were only in my one headphone that I had in.

If you're watching amateur stuff, sometimes they have machines running - particularly if they are camwhoring. Could that be it?

I had gelbooru and only that open.

Just today steam notification sound came up, looked to see who messaged me. I end up finding nothing, maybe its a bug with steam

it was me just stealing your wifi bruh no need to worry

The same is happening to me. damn

maybe they are running on process background, linux or windows it can happen

that happens to me when listening to certain songs, but other than that never

Stop doing drugs you fucking hippie.

yeah I actually disabled the Steam notification sound because I kept thinking I heard it while listening to music

It's an auditory hallucination and completely normal. I used to hear trillian notifications sporadically when I was in class.

As long as they're very short perceived sounds, it's nothing to worry about. But the longer the hallucination events last, the more concerned you should become. Once you get to a point where you're hearing your phone ring when no one is calling you, then it's time to talk with your doctor.

I had same issue as you so i googled wtf is going on and I'm here.

On thing we have common is gelbooru.

>listening to music
>not using ASIO/WASAPI in exclusive mode
>not getting bit perfect audio
Get out.

Can confirm, also browsing gelbooru, heard Steam notifications as well as a few Skype noises.