SKYLAKE HYPERTHREADING BROKEN!!! SKYLAKE HYPERTHREADING BROKEN!!!

SKYLAKE HYPERTHREADING BROKEN!!! SKYLAKE HYPERTHREADING BROKEN!!!

lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/06/msg00308.html

LGTSS
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

INTEL SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/06/msg00308.html
vocaroo.com/i/s1p98Qh2if6B
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fixed over a month ago
Boring

>Shits broken on Linux
You don't say lmao

i5 masterrace.

>Skylake : 0x50654 (no information, erratum listed)
>Kaby Lake : 0x806e9, 0x906e9 (defect still exists

learn to read summerfags

>Please note that the defect can potentially affect any operating system
(it is not restricted to Debian, and it is not restricted to Linux-based
systems)

Why would you care unless you are running bad softwares

So how did it take so long for anyone to notice this issue?

>Apparently, Intel had indeed found the issue, *documented it* (see below) and *fixed it*.

Oh no, a bug was found and fixed.

While this sucks as hardware should undergo more thorough testing before being shat out of the production line, this particular issue is definitely not a biggie.

It's not fixed yet.

>It's not fixed yet.
>there is a microcode update that's been available for a few months
RTFM

There may or may not be a BIOS update available to fix it.

Processors undergo a SHIT TON of testing already. It's just that the modern superscalar hyperthreaded out-of-order pipelines are so complex that some really weird edge cases tend to come up from time to time.

>The fixed microcode for these two processor models reports revision 0xb9/0xba, or higher.
Available since April 2017. While an example of sloppy hardware testing, this bug is fixed.

>There may or may not be a BIOS update available to fix it.
Is that like saying "I may or may not have shat my pants"?

There is a publicly-available fix.

I'm just glad Intel offers "battle tested" hardware. While AMD offers inconsistent performance.

The problem seems that the patch was sent to Windows users but Intel did not contacted the main Linux distributions, Linux and BSD are used a lot on servers so it is important to have the fixes pushed as soon as possible to the Linux vendors.

Jokes on you, I'm not even wearing pants.

Battle tested > QA team tested. Sasuga, Intel.

>There is a publicly-available fix.
BIOS updates are the publically available fix. A microcode update on it's own isn't going to help you much unless you want to write your own reverse engineered BIOS update.

It cannot be fixed unless user installs BIOS update which should be distributed by OEM.

INTEL IN GIGA SUICIDE WATCH

>lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/06/msg00308.html

What?! How can it not be fixed if a patch was issued. Your stupid reasoning is like saying nothing can ever be fixed in software unless the updates are downloaded. OF FUCKING COURSE!

Does it mean it cannot be fixed? NO! Go shill somewhere else, faggot. If this was up to AYMEED they would blame the entire universe before issuing a fix.

I patch my microcode at boot time and don't need to fuck with the "Bios" at all
(I doubt there is a single Skylake Mobo that still uses Bios though)

Intel has an in house band, They just finished up their first song, it's a commemoration of this time as ceo.

vocaroo.com/i/s1p98Qh2if6B