SpaceX Falcon 9 Iridium Next

Launch in about 2 hours at 2025:14 GMT (4:25:14 p.m. EDT; 1:25:14 p.m. PDT)

>A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch 10 satellites for the Iridium next mobile communications fleet.

Hosted live streams:
youtube.com/watch?v=7tIwZg8F9b8

Looks like they abolished the "technical" live stream, wasn't available on Friday either

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ula/comments/6harfv/actual_cost_of_falcon_9_expendable_may_be_more/
aviationweek.com/blog/dragons-radiation-tolerant-design
blogs.windriver.com/vxworks/2010/12/vxworks-helping-commercial-spaceflight-become-a-reality.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aah I remember last time I watched
>live feed of landing pad
>camera "goes down" for a few minutes
>live feed now shows rocket standing upright, having completed its reentry and parabolic arc
Wow great.
What.

>The Air Force's Western Range reports it is currently go for fueling, but "no go" for launch as it works an issue. The range is responsible for public safety and tracking of the Falcon 9 in flight.

rocket exhaust spews ions
ions fuck up EM fields
drone ship uses satellites for internet

sorry but that's just how it is with the live feeds, SpaceX releases the saved vids after a few days

>no technical stream
fuck spacex then I hope it blows up

ah man good old rocket launch thread miss them !

the last one was really so close to a failure my heart was pumping like crazy when i saw where it landed

>Launch at 1:25 delivering 10 satellites for Iridium. Droneship repositioned due to extreme weather. Will be tight.

live stream has started

I don't think ionized exhaust is the cause for the blackout, it's just the fact that the exhaust carries enough energy to power a small country, which will shake the antennas enough that they won't broadcast anything.

Webcast has started.

Launch site is foggy as fuck, I don't think we'll see anything at all.

If repeating digits, rocket blows up.

The rock will blow at launch

It's not going to blow. They have gotten gud

Seriously fuck the mindless commentary, I've muted the stream.

I thought better of spacex desu sempai.

ah this reminds me of the reddit post ULA made about spacex

>ah this reminds me of the reddit post ULA made about spacex
?

salsa

remember its ula so its the equivalent of Sup Forums in space matters

samefag forgot the link
reddit.com/r/ula/comments/6harfv/actual_cost_of_falcon_9_expendable_may_be_more/

ROLLING

Can't wait for Blue Origins to fully BTFO ULA.

>spacex chemtrails

ULA is just boeing and lockmart working together as a duopoly to massively overcharge the taxpayer on defense contracts.

They're both utter shit and have achieved abso-fucking-lutely nothing of worth for space launch and exploration.

As soon as I see any "information" coming from them, I know it can be completely disregarded as a bunch of lies from non-competitive incumbents with no idea how to deal with spacex than corruption, bribery, and other unethical means. The very idea of "competition", let alone a "free market" is utterly alien to these fuckwits.

When ULA, boeing, lockheed et al finally kick the bucket it will be good riddance.

nailed it!

>remember its ula so its the equivalent of Sup Forums in space matters

What?
Sup Forums is always right

ULA are basically the shilly shills shilling in shilltown. You can't get a more one-sided bullshit opinion if you tried. They're NOTHING like "the equivalent of Sup Forums in space". What a load of crap.

Video feed from F9 1st stage leading on drone ship was hella nice to

and you gotta love how they semi-lie about prices they charge to the government for launches. That 1bil "launch readiness" BS makes it so that a ULA launch costs around 250 mil more to the taxpayer than a f9 launch. But they don't want you to know that

It's fake
CGI Bullshit

>Sup Forums is always right
lmfao

I want to rub Elon's musk all over my body.

Also rewatch the re-entry at T+05:43, just before the burn. Do you see it? What is it?

A chunk of ice

>they use linux and c++ for all of the onboard computers

everyone but linux users btfo

Linux is used for ground computers. It is unsuitable for on-board computers, which all use vxworks or no os and in-house software afaik.

nope, it's linux everywhere. I think.

aviationweek.com/blog/dragons-radiation-tolerant-design

I know that in dragon 2 the screens are run by the Nvidia Tegra soc

Oh man today's stream was pretty good.

They lost the video feed from the Falcon 9 for a couple of seconds just before it reached the clouds but maintained it after that for the landing.
Basically no soot on the camera today either. Great landing vid. Digging those new titanium grid fins too.

blogs.windriver.com/vxworks/2010/12/vxworks-helping-commercial-spaceflight-become-a-reality.html

Actually, the viability of linux for hard real time application is an interesting subject. In ~2010 it was considered completely unsuitable but RT-PREEMPT changed things. At some point it may end up becoming a rather useful RTOS for general purpose stuff.

For the stuff that has super crazy hard real time requirements, there's always FPGA's.