Finally make the laptop everyone's been asking for

>finally make the laptop everyone's been asking for
>cover it in fabric
this has to have been a personal, deliberate, and sincere "FUCK YOU" from Microsoft

Other urls found in this thread:

videobard.com/microsoft-surface-pro-signature-type-cover-update-after-6-months-of-use-zhMQQTZbX5I
youtube.com/watch?v=8KJjRPIWGTI
youtube.com/watch?v=aebUNgMhQV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love the idea of using something other than plastic on the body of a computer, so it's really annoying when I see the one company that attempts it fuck it up completely.
It would have been awesome if they put leather or wood paneling on it or something. Instead they used craft felt.

>fuck it up completely
complain when it actually becomes an issue

Alcantara is sweat resistant, stain resistant and water resistant used inside top of the line Ferraris. You don't like this for what valid reason?

Because even MS knows it will stain

>he didn't go for the exclusive leopard skin chique™ option

in ferraris its not sitting next to the engine, its covering the seats
here its literally right on top of the cpu, which heats up to 90°C under load. Thing will get fucked just from the heat

Maybe if you weren't cumming all over it and leaving it out to dry the stain resistant material would actually be clean.

90C bullshit.

how greasy are you, tubs

>>everyone's asking for

literally no one

Or MS could use a non idiotic material for a laptop as they did for Surfacebook or as the market leader does.

It's not just less practical, it also looks like shit.

>looks like shit
Bullshit, it looks beautiful in person. Much more appealing than generic aluminum/magnesium.

>less practical
>Doesn't conduct heat nearly as much as metal
>more comfortable to use for that reason along with not being hard as fuck on your palms/wrist
The ONLY complaint is it getting dirty, which shouldn't happen if you aren't a fucking degenerate slob.

>Doesn't conduct heat nearly as much as metal
How is that a good thing? If they didn't mess up the cooling system, the shit will never get too hot with metal either but metal would help to cool it faster.

>not being hard as fuck on your palms/wrist
Not being refreshingly cool either. Besides, have you ever encountered a person who'd like a more "cloth-like" laptop?

>which shouldn't happen if you aren't a fucking degenerate slob
Most people do sweat. There are fuckloads of variations between Alcantara, it's unlikely MS will use top quality like Ferrari or Porsche does.

>How is that a good thing?
You're not burning your fucking hands when the computer gets hot? That much should be obvious. This laptop has been lauded for being very comfortable to use under load, unlike other laptops.

> If they didn't mess up the cooling system
They didn't. Next question.

>Besides, have you ever encountered a person who'd like a more "cloth-like" laptop?
Nice open ended question. People don't usually even think about that kind of thing to have answer to.

>Not being refreshingly cool either.
You haven't used one.

>Most people do sweat.
Sweating isn't an issue. After using an alcantara type cover for 6 months it looks just like new, sweat and all.

>it's unlikely MS will use top quality like Ferrari or Porsche does.
Baseless assumptions. They're very high quality.

>Oy Kumaar, the tiny body can't handle the heat, it literally burns my palms
>Don't worry Pajeet, I got you *covers the palmrest in velour.*

This is what happened at Microsoft. I'm an employee.

>This laptop has been lauded for being very comfortable to use under load
Like many premium laptops. If the shit gets too hot it's due the idiotic configuration/cooling, not the material.

> People don't usually even think about that kind of thing to have answer to.
They do. Hence many bitch about plastic.

>Baseless assumptions. They're very high quality.
Well, time will tell. 6 months isn't much, something like 2 years will be more interesting.

>Like many premium laptops. If the shit gets too hot it's due the idiotic configuration/cooling, not the material.
Way to miss the point.

>They do
bullshit

>6 months isn't much
>6 months of constant use and sweat isn't enough time for long term wear/staining to show
fuck off

The fucking aluminum on my macbook showed significant wear in less time

>"I love the idea of using something other than plastic on the body of a computer"

>Alcantara
>fabric

It's made of a mix of thermoplastic fibers, you morons. The fabric texture is an illusion.

>I am retarded
The keyboard doesnt contain any of the internals, dumb dumb

wow, that's disgusting, what kind of garbage do yo have to eat to excrete acidic sweat capable of dissolving aluminum? you should probably consult a doctor.

>Way to miss the point.
There is none. Others manage not to burn your balls with different materials, hence the heat conduction isn't relevant enough to matter.

>bullshit
Come on, even people who don't give a shit about it all tend to agree that metal feels better. Time will tell how they will accept alcantara if it sells well enough to become mainstream.

>6 months of constant use and sweat isn't enough time for long term wear/staining to show
Even most best buy plastic boxes will look fine after such a short time.

>The fucking aluminum on my macbook showed significant wear in less time
Looks like something you could've clean in half a minute.

I've had original surface with a felt keyboard.
It was shit.

stop drinking so much soda

I don't really care about the cloth bullshit, what bothers me is that you have to destroy it to get inside. Why couldn't they just glue their cloth to some metal panel so it could be opened normally?

why would you need to go inside a Microsoft product like the Microsoft Surface Laptop, user

>implying this isn't a common issue

>There is none.
Just because you are oblivious does not make the point non-existent.

>Others manage not to burn your balls with different materials
Ok and? You're still getting more comfortable material to use when your computer inevitably gets hot under load with Alcantara.

>hence the heat conduction isn't relevant enough to matter.
You haven't used many laptops have you.

>Come on, even people who don't give a shit about it all tend to agree that metal feels better
nobody is going around talking about this stuff, you're literally making this up

>Even most best buy plastic boxes will look fine after such a short time.
What?

>Looks like something you could've clean in half a minute.
>Thinking you can wash that off
AHAHAHAHAHA

>Original surface
the surface line along with the type covers didn't start getting good until the 3rd generation. Fuck off.

So you don't fucking open it and go to a MS technician for service.

Hell, even the no ports Macbook is better serviceable.

F
How the fuck is this acceptable

I want to be able to buy some $30 chink battery on ebay in 6 or so years and change it myself without getting told to buy something new.

>You're still getting more comfortable material to use when your computer inevitably gets hot under load with Alcantara.
The benefit doesn't exist unless it get's too hot. Specially palmrests tends to be cool, for most.

>You haven't used many laptops have you.
I don't buy sub 800 bucks trash.

>nobody is going around talking about this stuff
Talk to a person in a store. Or check any kind of forum where people talk about the laptop to buy and their reasons.

>What?
You really have to be a complete slob to mess any material in half a year.

>Thinking you can wash that off
What the fucking fuck do people eat to cause that fucking crap, what the fucking fuck. Never saw that shit in the wild if it isn't easy to clean. Is it an American thing?

i have owned and maintained a few families worth of macbooks over the last decade.

i have never seen warping like pic related

i have seen fans die due to dust/pet hair/etc and hot spots created in those corners. i opened them up and replaced the fans with official parts. lowered the temps.

i have 1 macbook where a fan port is dead so it only has a single fan, and even it runs fine, just gets hot in the dead corner, but never warps like that.

your fans are probably just completely fucked/dead/blocked and/or your body chemistry is fucking weird.

The chance that they will be custom batteries available for such a niche product after 6 years is pretty low, even if you could open it.

>The benefit doesn't exist unless it get's too hot.
1. Things will get hot under use, no matter how good your cooling is. Just because it isn't common doesn't mean alcantara is better for overall comfort.
2. Even disregarding temperatures, the material is just softer and easier on the wrists.

>Specially palmrests tends to be cool, for most.
You haven't used many laptops.

>I don't buy sub 800 bucks trash.
Same.

>Talk to a person in a store. Or check any kind of forum where people talk about the laptop to buy and their reasons.
Have, no one talks about this.

>You really have to be a complete slob to mess any material in half a year.
From sweat alone? No that's just shit build quality.

>Is it an American thing?
No, that is what happens to aluminum unibodies after months of constant use.

Your anecdotes mean nothing to me. This is seen across several different brands, not exclusive to macbooks at all.

Wtf? Its a fabric? Haha now my hands are usually dry but alot of people I know have constant sweaty palms (and like 99.9% of females have constant sweaty palms) how long until it stains??
Microsoft are fucking retarded

>t. mouthbreathing retard.

(You)

(You).

>the start menu is covered in ads
>you're already paying for the OS
RRREEEEEE

>Things will get hot under use, no matter how good your cooling is.
Sure but it's either too hot, due shitty cooling. Or not hot enough to matter. If you're at the latter (as any decent laptop is), the material won't change shit.

>You haven't used many laptops.
As I said, I don't use shit ones. And hell, even then I don't recall one with hot palmrests. The heat is usually much higher up.

>Have, no one talks about this.
Bullshit.

>No, that is what happens to aluminum unibodies after months of constant use.
Only had aluminium laptops for private use since 06 or so. Longest was 3 years with a MBA and it looked like on day one afterwards. Unless you have some acidic sweat super power, it shouldn't be enough to do shit.

>laptop everyone's been asking for
I don't remember asking for a tablet user

>get tablet case
>leather
>it's degraded and peeling

Never EVER again.
FUCK fabric-shit.

>Sure but it's either too hot, due shitty cooling. Or not hot enough to matter. If you're at the latter (as any decent laptop is), the material won't change shit.
Somehow you still don't get it.

> I don't recall one with hot palmrests.
You don't use many laptops.

>Bullshit.
Bullshit.

>Only had aluminium laptops for private use since 06 or so. Longest was 3 years with a MBA and it looked like on day one afterwards. Unless you have some acidic sweat super power, it shouldn't be enough to do shit.
Again, your anecdote doesn't mean shit, this is a known problem with aluminum unibodies.

Classic Shell

Im telling you now that ferrari seats stain.

Pretty sure nobody asked for a laptop that can't be upgraded or serviced in any way.

Are you sure? Can you think of a single device that doesn't have a chink battery available for it?

because its winter and i live in a dry arrid climate and rub my wrists over the fabric and fry it from the static

can I get a link to that video

>posting that disgusting hoe

videobard.com/microsoft-surface-pro-signature-type-cover-update-after-6-months-of-use-zhMQQTZbX5I

ALCANTARA WAS A MISTAKE

youtube.com/watch?v=8KJjRPIWGTI

enjoy

and watch this one too:
youtube.com/watch?v=aebUNgMhQV4

are you a homophobe or something?

Sorry MS Shills in this thread, I'm not gonna buy a crappy fabric covered laptop any more than I'd buy a shitty Asus Ferrari laptop covered in leather.

Better luck next time.

Checked. But nobody gives a shit. Kill yourself.

I think you'll find no one wants to buy a laptop covered in crappy fabric.

The only hope you have is make it in *bright* vibrant colors and try to sell it to girls.

>original surface
>felt keyboard
Because that was Atlanta (tm) fabric.

>no one
You mean you. These laptops are selling well actually.

>all this whites
Microsoft even sucks at diversity, holy fucking shit. Can they do ANYTHING right besides adware?

>tfw completely cool even when compiling shit for hours/days due to 400 MHz clock

The surface laptop doesn't thermal throttle. Microsoft did a good job making sure of that. The surface pro however...

>Laptop becomes too hot for me and burns my little hands
>Laptop's surface is too rough for my soft hands
Buy fucking tampons with your ms laptop.

Nice argument.

Thanks, I made it

>people call plain aluminium slabs with no design from Apple a 'fashion accessory'
>Microsoft puts fancy fabric on a fucking palm rest and keyboard surround and nobody says shit

Really ignitions my cognition.

daily reminder

Have you even read this thread, it's full of people hating on the shit fabric idea.

>Surface Book
>shows Surface Pro
Wot.
>15 pounds of shit vs 2 pounds
Wew.

What about using aloominun?

Appleshills cant read. Look at any thread about the macbook throttling and 1000 "ipad pro BTFO surface" threads. For example this

Oh it's felt!!! That looks nice! Think I'll get one that's so kewl.

Anyone else actually own one of these? I got one the other day but there's slight ghosting on the screen. Not much but it was immediately noticeable and more than I'd like on something that costs this much. No reviewer, or anyone who owns this laptop mentions it at all, and I've checked the demo units at two locations and they all have this problem so I don't think mines a lemon.

but then I'd have a $749 paperweight with a $99 pen that can't write

Ghosting is very common in laptops not advertised to gaymers. Even my macbook has it. Just something you need to get used to. Interestingly enough the surface pro has a lower response time than the MBP '17

The problem is they took a Surface Pro, which has the CPU/GPU right by the screen, and stuck the internals into the keyboard instead. Now the pixels need to travel past the hinge and into the display, so you get more latency.

3:2 though
Something other than the Google pixel in 3:2 is nice
Though if Google released a new pixel like the first one id prefer it over the Microsoft laptop
Seems like a neat machine, i really like that burgundy

You do realize that 113F isn't that hot at all, don't you?
That's like how hot it gets in AZ sometimes.

dude thats not normal

>tablet with a keyboard is a laptop
Really makes u think...

but...the Surface Laptop is a laptop...the keyboard isn't detachable.

I don't remember asking for a laptop that costs too much and doesn't bring anything new. I also know surely that I didn't want a laptop with some shitty gimped version of Windows.

>being irresponsible enough to spill liquids or otherwise stain your computer

user, if you truly believe you cannot keep your computer clean you should not own one.

How is that even possible? My MacBook Pro is six years old and it has absolutely no wear there.

Ayy lmao, yeah they made a Macbook, that's the laptop everyones been asking for.

Doesn't this crap even have "designed by microsoft in redmond" or some shit when you open it? I've seen less shameless Apple ripoffs out of China.

Someone finally something different in a laptop and you guys shit all over it. Go fucking buy a Macbook you sheep. The most generic of laptops.

still don't know why they bothered to put a touch screen on that thing, since there is no comfortable way to position it in order to use it. Probably could have just put in a non-touch screen and reduced the price instead.

>So you don't fucking open it and go to a MS technician for service.
These don't even exist
Enjoy replacing your laptop in 2 years when the battery dies

Just because everyone tries and fails to copy them doesn't make Macbooks generic.

Because MS memed themselves to death with the touchscreen meme by pretending that it's not a gimmick for normal laptops. It's kinda sad. Like watching a parent of a retarded kid dreaming of sending it to college.

Nice bait

>Everyone has been asking for another soldered SSD overheating gimic

It's literally two slabs of metal with a keyboard and a screen in the middle. The only thing more generic than the Macbooks is the Chromebook Pixels.

>Someone finally something different in a laptop

Trust me, there is not a whole lot different going on with this macbook clone.

Making a laptop out of a shit material is not new. Making an unrepairable laptop is not new.

Although Microsoft really exceeded expectations when it came to the unrepairability, so maybe it counts as something new.

nigga check your health/hands/skin, something is fucked up. maybe you are just too fat and sweat too much? I don't know.

my plastic T500 and ASUS plastic-top never looked like this.
father uses a Latitude for like what.. 6 years now every day and there are no marks.

You're a filthy heathen

>tfw this would be a problem for me too

Who the fuck asked for a Surface Laptop when you can just get a Surface Pro and use it as both a laptop and tablet? It would serve a purpose if it came in a 15 inch model with a dedicated GPU which is something you can't get on the Surface Pros but the only reason to get this over any other laptop is the 3:2 aspect ratio and as much as I hate 16:9 on laptops it's sure as shit not worth paying such a ridiculous premium just to get it over something like the HP Spectre x360 or the XPS 13

>when you can just get a Surface Pro and use it as both a laptop and tablet
some people dont want to deal with the annoying kickstand

>diverse
>we better throw in a few paki's on the left
topkek rainbow flag fags

give it back jamal