What is Texas really like? What are the best parts to live in? What is there for tourists to do?

What is Texas really like? What are the best parts to live in? What is there for tourists to do?

horrible, don't come here, stay up there, desifag.

Its a paisanoland now

I'm just curious. I've seen Americans seem to think it's either the best state or the worst.

What does that mean ?

>What is Texas really like?
Civilized Mexico
>What are the best parts to live in?
Dallas/Fort Worth Area.
>What is there for tourists to do?
Hiking, Alamo, Museums etc.

I just live here. born and raised and still stuck in the sticks.

Thanks.

Do you live in the desert ? Does the cowboy culture still exist ?

I've only been to the panhandle. Lake Meredith is kinda cool, but everything else in that region is literal cowshit. Don't know what the rest of the state is like to be fair.

Hot. Cheap. Conservative. Redneck.

Austin/New Braunfels/north San Antonio.

Lots of farms and ranches. German Hill Country is the best area in all of Texas. West Texas is poor boring white people. East Texas can be nice, but lots of Hurricane Katrina diaspora, and South Texas out by Corpus Christi is kind of a shithole but there's plenty of oil money and the Mexicans are generally civilized. Great place for authentic Mexican food (not that Taco Bell or Taco Cabana shite). Never been to Dallas

no, I live in the Northeast Corner. in the woods. Only cultural shit i know is weird here is that we have a deep twang.

>New Braunfels
eyyyy, that's where my grandparents live.

No one lives in the desert because it's shit.
Most people live in big cities which are exactly the same as everywhere except Texans are stupider and more religious.

Cowboy culture is literally dead.
You still have college kids driving huge trucks and wearing cowboy boots to pick up sluts, but they've never stepped foot on a ranch in their lives, I guarantee it.

>You still have college kids driving huge trucks and wearing cowboy boots to pick up sluts, but they've never stepped foot on a ranch in their lives, I guarantee it.
you forgot their 200$ work boots, friend.

>German Hill Country

Interesting, it seems like there's a lot of different types of landscapes and ethnicities there. I was under the impression it was mostly Anglos and Mexicans in the desert.

I grew up in a small town in Québec and it's probably the similar, all the "country girls" wearing pink camaflouge and listening to pop country even though they've never farmed. Sad though, I thought it would still be alive there.

>Sad though, I thought it would still be alive there.
everybody thinks this. especially the tourists who get here and try to act the part.

Are there still people who want Texas to be independent?

lol, the secessionists are still around. no one really cares enough to try though.

It's alright, just the fucking heat is un god damn bearable right now, been upper 90's to 100's the past two weeks, and it's only June

Also, Texit when?

>Also, Texit when?
when we ready to merge with Mexico. and spit on Sam Houston's grave, aka never, Pablo.

Sam would never want to be apart of this union you yankee fuck. And fuck mexico, they have to go back, we don't want them.

But Sam also understood that there really wasn't much of a way to avoid this union. Between manifest destiny and keeping the mexican gov't out it was our only opition. Our secession will solve nothing. We will just get pulled back in, or worse, get pulled in to Mexico. do you really want that?

I wonder what brownsville is like
Probably named very aptly

lots of mexicans and a few whites with guns. everybody is playing the game.

>being afraid of zetas

Sure being pulled in was unavoidable, but wanting leave now is heading in the same direction and besides, you think those beaners could take us

>you think those beaners could take us
no need to get insulting.

Leaving would be a shitstorm. we all know it, and seeing as the oil is what's starting to decline, we would be poor, regretful and essentially ripe for picking in the fucker's eyes, possibly inviting a conflict.

TL;DR it's more trouble than it's worth and we all know it.

Be able to speak Spanish so you won't be kidnapped and ransomed

Abilene is the best place if want some peace and quiet

Native Abilenian here, just moved north to south side

No fuckin way, we have the liberal faggots because of all the colleges but none of the neat culture bullshit things to do

I live here too

What do you mean for turists to do? The only reason turists should visit America is more the nature.

>The only reason turists should visit America is more the nature.
shhhh, they spend more being retards in the cities.

True. It always makes me laugh when tourists pretend they love American cities as if there's something aesthetic or fun about them.

>when tourists pretend they love American cities as if there's something aesthetic or fun about them
that's them trying to justify showing up at all, despite not really being welcome.

>Great museums
>World class restaurants
>huge numbers of concert venues

Yes surely cities have nothing going for them. Leave Boise sometime.

Ive been to Dallas/FW and the..Rockford(?) area

it was hot as hell, there were T-storms like all week, and there were mexicans everywhere

was pretty cool though

Rockwall*

somewhere in that area. It was years ago

The rest of America only likes Austin and Dallas except for all the weird fuckers in Houston who like the "diversity" aka non-whites. Houston is pretty cool though. Fuck Dallas.

>South Texas out by Corpus Christi is kind of a shithole
Pretty much everything south of the "Triangle" is a shithole.

The border areas are nearly 100% Mexican and fairly impoverished. If you're making $11/hr you are doing pretty good.

mad cityboy detected

it's exactly how it's stereotyped, if not worse. why else do you think we hate it so much?

>Leave Boise sometime
lol, seriously, if your idea of an American city is something like Cleveland or Indianapolis you need to see like NYC or the Bay or Seattle or something because lmao

>or the Bay or Seattle
objectively shit urban areas, tbth.

Indianapolis has been up and coming for awhile now.

>Indianapolis
funny way to spell mexico city, senpai