Looking for mouse recommendations. Owned my Logitech G5 for a decade now and love it to bits...

Looking for mouse recommendations. Owned my Logitech G5 for a decade now and love it to bits, but it's getting pretty gross looking. My criteria are:

Laser
Wired
Not ricey
Ideally $60US or under but if it's as good as the G5 I'm gonna own it for a long ass time so budget can be stretched

Pic related, THE LEGEND

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXaD7M0Pqp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

G403 is breddy gud

Optical tho

But I'm sure a 2017 optical mouse is as good or better than a 2005 laser mouse?

The 3366 has zero acceleration in the G900 and G403, and is precise as fuck.
Stewie2K has used the wireless G403 in recent CS:GO tournaments.

I think this came with a braided cable or something, I forget. I remember the cable split on my mouse years ago and I have no clue how yours lasted so long. I went through 2 Logitech G5 mice and they both suffered the same problem so it looks like you hit the lottery.

Anyways, personally I was solely a Logitech buyer until recently where I went from a G400s to a Zowie EC2-A because I got tired of the Logitech meme and I love it. If you look at the rocket jump ninja youtube channel and/or website (guy reviews tons of mouses in depth) he rates the Logitech G403 wired as the top mouse. While I can't say first hand, some nerd who used the mouse a bunch said it was good so that 1st suggestion seems to be very safe if you want to stick with Logitech.

Take good care of that G5, retire it and keep it in a safe place OP.

Thanx brehs, looks like G403 is a good bet.

Interesting they changed their logo from the all-seeing-eye, looks like the Gigabyte logo now.

I'm stuck with a G502.
The 402/403 seems like a good choice as well, but the 502 is literally the best mouse I ever had in any price range, plus having the infinite comfort of a plaited cable.

Do not buy it online tho, most stores still have the cheaper non-rgb-version in store.
youtube.com/watch?v=qXaD7M0Pqp0

G500s is what I upgraded to.

I loved the g5 line (actually have all 5) but the g500s is better.

Its pretty much the exact same shape only tad bigger which just makes it fit the hand better. and the DPI buttons is moved from below the scroll wheel to left side of the left click.

The scroll whell: Its GODLY compared to the piece of shit scroll on the g5. Its soo much smoother and easy to scroll and click. Has all the same functions + you can unlock it and let it "freespin". The lock is now where the DPI was on g5.

All 4 I meant.

Mionix avoir 7000

Ambidextrous
Best sensor possible
Nice feel to it, doesn't get slimy/sweaty/slippery like glossy mice do
No gay software that needs to launch every time you open your PC, just install software once then change your settings how you like them and it won't ever open again unless you open it

Best mouse I've ever used despite the middle mouse button being a bit iffy

If you're one of those normies that think
>laser is better because it's laser
Oh how wrong you are. Because of the different tracking methods, optical still has the advantage on any surface that isn't perfectly smooth, such as a cloth mousepad.

From OP's pic, laser might better because he use no mouse pad.

But for me optical+pad > laser

Own a different mouse for a decade, IME 3.0. I am still using mine.

+1
use the same mouse. it's great and last time i checked it had come down in price quite a bit.

I know, but I was making a point. I remember all the marketing bs when laser first came out, being advertised as "better than optical on every scenario". Except we know it's not true, and even still it's less of a laser capability, and more of an optical inability to read pattern differences on perfectly clear surfaces, such as glass.
And you don't even need a pad, all it takes is a slightly patterned surface and you go to town with an optical.

Anyone have any experience with Ducky mice? Recommended?

The pbt shell feels great, no software to install, feels good in the hand. I found the click to be a bit loud/heavy and left click made a clack sound as it went back up. This would probably not bother most people.

Thanks user

I've heard this is pretty much THE mouse to get when you just want a no shrills gaming mouse right?

>Sup Forums mouse threads

you mean autimatic. stewie uses the 302

Is the G502 considered part of this line? I might switch back. Been using a Zowie for months now and this thread is making me miss my 502

I have an FK2 and have been very happy with it so far.

>+1
back to plebbit with you