Is there a chance that PS5/Xtwo will beat a Ryzen 7 1700 16GB of Ram and a GTX 1080 if the consoles will cost $399 and...

Is there a chance that PS5/Xtwo will beat a Ryzen 7 1700 16GB of Ram and a GTX 1080 if the consoles will cost $399 and release ~2020?

Are you asking because you're concerned with "futureproofing" your PC?

If they stick with AMD, it's going to be a custom Raven Ridge APU with Ryzen/Vega. So probably not.

A bit

No.
Even if they do, console makers subsidise the cost of hardware coz games/subscription make them $$
PC gaming will still be cheaper, so you can upgrade your hardware. But still, it's highly unlikely. Consoles have low CPU power that's why you don't see shit like Arma or games high server slots.

Then I'd tell you to not consider consoles a benchmark to "futureproof" against. Games ported FROM consoles are typically optimized to run on their limited hardware and sometimes custom architectures (Think PS2), games ported TO consoles will usually be ported at the equivalent of medium/medium-high settings.

The best "futureproofing" you can do is keeping $200 on-hand to buy the best mid-range video card available when you absolutely need to upgrade

I don't think its really true.

A 680 that released waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay earlier than a PS4 completly destroys it in every multiplatform game

Fuck are you talking about? Your comparing a gaming console, with a machine that is predominantly used for productivity.

Its hard to predict whether a next gen 4k console can outperform a current mid-high end PC, but my guess is no.

The reason consoles cost dirt cheap, is because they're sold at a loss. Their profits come from games and online services.

Cost effective supercomputers have been built using console hardware, makes me laugh every time I think about it, nerds found a way to outjew the jews.

No

PS4 wasn't sold at a loss

No, since Sony/MS will never use big dies for consoles.

>Cost effective supercomputers have been built using console hardware

Any links to this being done with PS4/Xbone?

Ehhhh my GTX 770 is basically a 680 and it's honestly garbage in my opinion. Can't even max out BF4 at 1080p

>sold at a loss
Only PS3 was sold at a loss and that's due to motherfucking CELL.

Reminder THE CELL in the PS3 is one of the best piece of technology ever created and it destroyed literally everything on PC from 2006

A PS4 with Cell and the same GPU that it has would have obliterated the PS4 we got and the price would have been probably the same

Shame developers are lazy cunts who cant optimize for shit

PS3 was sold at a loss because BDs were expensive as shit.

CELL was Larashit before Larashit. I.e. shitty crap.

They did it with PS3s. It was the reason why Sony removed Linux support with a firmware update.

CELL was GPGPU before GPGPU and IBM build a supercomputer (IBM Roadrunner) using CELL and fuckton of Opterons.

yeah...no.

No, they learned from their 'mistakes'

Yet the console itself still doesn't have high profit margins, same with Xbone.

No.

PS4 came out, it was a several years outdated PC for the time.

They will, and was the plan for the ps5 since the start
The APU used was in production shortly after desktop ryzen release, who knows if it's actually Raven ridge, I doubt it

In my experience Ubuntu ran on it like any other mom-tier PC, the PS3 supercomputer cluster is more or less a meme

How the fuck would anybody possibly even know?

The only thing we know about the PS5 is the name, which was just a vague mention that all of the news outlets are blowing ridiculously out of proportion.

If you want a guess, it's probably going to seem really powerful as soon as its released, and then get quickly outclassed in three years.

I know some general details
The PS5 APU has been on silicon for a while now (over 6 months), I can't imagine it'd be the first Raven ridge machine released

Back in 2007, Linux ran pretty darn well.

>I know some general details
No you don't.

This entire thread is bullshit.

Samsung will be late to PCIe 4 btw
I'm the reason your GPU drivers don't work

okami hd on ps3 blows me away. Why can't I see it in its native 4k T_T

>there are brand new console ports on PC RIGHT NOW that are still limited to 900p