Do you even realize we're currently in the golden age of Linux?

- really decent development pace
- finally really usable without wasting too much time configuring
- still a comparably tiny home computer marketshare so things don't get too exploited for normie shit yet
- therefore also still great system security for PCs since windows is still more interesting for bad guys

I doubt it will get more comfy than this, ever. This is peak comfy right the fuck now

I'd say this is comparable to 2005 internet at the moment in terms of comfyness and practicality. Shortly before normies ruined everything.

This. Year of the Linux desktop will inevitably kill Linux all together.

Luckily, 'year of the linux desktop' will never happen.

this

Let's hope so. For me, linux has always been and still is the hobbyist's operating system, and I hope that will never change.

The only thing that's really needed for linux at the moment is wayland.

lmao I bet you consider things like systemd progress

>Linux lusers actually WANT their OS to stay hobby-tier
So all that crying about "muh botnet" is a meme and you don't actually want a serious alternative to Windows? That sounds like a line someone from Microsoft would push to keep Linux smallm

Literally the best init system.

>one persons opinion is representative of the whole group
Thinking like this is why US politics are shit right now

I just tried to install Ubuntu on my Ryzen system. It hangs when booting from the USB. Apparently been an issue for months. Year of the Linux

here's your (You).

If the masters of the botnet are busy going for the low hanging fruit, we can happily rot on the vine, user.

No but there's always PCLinuxOS to avoid that shit.

>configuring
This is distro and DE dependent.

Just wait till windows 7 extended support runs out and me and my buds switch over to loonix hehe

fuck linux. Windows plays all my pirated games and all my pirated movies.
Linux only plays all my pirated movies.
>check mate

>hobbyist's operating system
This, and the proof you can't even root your android device, or even emulate it despite sharing same kernel.

New CPUs are not built with GNU/Linux in mind.
Most of the work is done by community.
You've said that when WinXP died.
>Windows plays all my pirated games
Improve your taste in games.

tell me what you know about this miata

>New CPUs are not built with GNU/Linux in mind. Most of the work is done by community.
Yes and Linux is really neat when it works, I just felt like rageposting since it's irritating that something this significant has been an issue for so long

>when it works
The key word here is WHEN.
If everything works its great, when a tiny thing don't it's hellish nightmare.

But you can root android?

not from GNU/Linux.

um what? use fastboot

Wrong, maybe sumsing cant, but all other phones are rootable (if rootable at all) using fastboot.

Samsung phones are the only one that matters.

Samsung phones only have the advantage of being a little innovative lately. Other than that theyre bloated pieces of shit.

And rooting it can solve all the bloat issues.

But because of the proprietary shit bootloader you can't.

There exists an odin alternative for linux and MacOS but idk if it still works. Either way your point is still invalid because if it worked, we can get it to work again.

>>But because of the proprietary shit bootloader you can't.

Idk why every android manufacture does this now.

The fact that they're bloated pieces of shit doesn't change the fact that they're the only ones that matter on the market. Every new Samsung Galaxy S gets almost the same amount of publicity as the newest iPhone, while other flagships are barely recognized by the masses of normies.

Hell, I don't even know what's the current flagship Xperia. I assume LG's flagship is the G6, right?

The golden age of linux was before nsa got involved with Ubuntu and debian

Rate my Linux desktop Sup Forumsentlemen.

Literally 1/10
>Bland and monotone
>Empty squares
>Boxy
>Still somehow not comfy or nostalgic
You only get the 1/10 because I'm on my Linux laptop which has its taskbar at the top of the screen, and that's awful and you don't have that.

>Literally the best init system.

Do you like the windows XP start Icon?

lmao

i puked
>Wastebaske
>t
These fucking icons
wtf

The icons would be fine if they followed the same theme, but it looks like they where designed by a different person each.

It is progress if you consider all the amount of attention that has brought to other alternatives of system V init.

Can't believe I never noticed that trailing t on wastebasket.
Better?

Well, shit. I genuinely did not realise that image was a joke. I have been deceived. It's an absolute maximum zozzle image, too, precisely because it is so plausible.

Was actually a ruse, but I honestly didn't notice the overflow on wastebasket.

I'm taking the joke seriously though, this is a machine I use daily. I haven't set it up just like this for the screenshot.

I'm maximum trolling 24/7.

there is no single linux distro.
even when ubuntu forums will be full of kids
eg Sup Forumsentoo still will be 4elite.

> Ubuntu
That's why. Packaged kernel is too old.

how long till windows becomes a program on Linux only used for playing games?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

ok

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

The Golden Age for Linux is 5 years away and always will be.

>not using gpu passthrough
It is though

You have the eye blindness.