Nets 50 billion a year

>nets 50 billion a year
>biggest aquisition was beats for 3 billion

what are they doing

they're extremely conservative with their acquisitions

They have no liquid asset in USA to use on acquisitions because it is all in overseas banks until they can find a loophole to get it back into USA without paying tax.

Fucking over their customers.

Fill up swimming pools with hundred dollar bills and let the employees swim in them on breaks.

Avoiding scrutiny of being a monopoly

They invest quite a bit in the car project for sure. Besides, developing their own chips can't be cheap. A10x shits on Intel at same TDP despite Apple having like 5 years experience.

Other than that, what the fuck should they buy? Beats made sense since people using their stuff also would want headphones and the profits are crazy. Something like screens would be a market with low margins. They don't need to acquire any media company since they already profit from all of them thanks to iTunes. At best they could focus more on business solutions but then again, MS got monopoly due Office.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

they could pull a samsung and be in every industry

Not him but maybe he does. Apple could've easy buy up MS and all of the other hardware manufacturers, just it wouldn't do them much good.

It'll lower the value of their branding and introduce more risk. Many of Samsung divisions barely make any profit. I guess they could focus more on services and the likes, they are already fucking over people with Apple Care, might as well go for a full time insurance branch.

Also good luck explaining to your mostly progressive customers that you build weapons. Samsung can afford not to give any fucks about reputation because they own a country.

Investing the rest in Deep Underground Military Bases (D.U.M.B.S.)

tax evasion

>Processors
This costs a lot and their progress is definitly the best on the market.
>2xBig OS + 2xsmall OS
MacOS is rivaling ms windows
iOS is rivaling Android on smartphones
iOS on tablets got super big changes and has already beaten Android tablets
WatchOS is leading smartwatches OS right now
TvOS is shit but exist so probably costs some money too
>Hardware
Apple is trying to invent as much hardware technology as it can(processors, 3d touch technology, their sensor technology, their haptic engine, touchbar etc. these are things which cost a lot to develop and deliver)
>Most of money is not in US
> A lot of many had to be invested in beats because their headphones were shit
Right now the only headpones created under apple are new beats solo which are first good beats headphones so the literally decided beats integrals are shit and made completely new integrals on their own.
>Heavy invest in AR and in other dev oreientef software
Swift, XCode 9 was rewritten from the beginning because was buggy shit, ARKit from first reviews is one of the biggest AR tools(if not the biggest), CoreML, Metal etc. Also if we are talking about AR new iphone camera will be specifiacally build to support it.
>APFS
Changing file system costs a lot, and they changed it on all their platforms
>And the last point, they preffer to create things on their own than buy them.

>>Most of money is not in US
Which is why Microsoft spent $6.5Billion of overseas money on Skype rather than bring it back to the US.
Apple's $3Billion for Beats was spent in the US.

I agree, why did they buy the shitty brand that is beats?

They acquired a well known headphone maker, and as shitty as their existing offerings were, was starting to take their research seriously.
They acquired a music service and its subscribers.
They acquired some prominent music industry guys.

Keep it in house yo

>brand

That's it. Performance is inconsequential in the popular audio industry at large. It's all about the branding and marketability.

They're investing in their own chip fabs, patent trolling, and have lots of R&D which only reaches the public through leaks.

I think Beats was more to do with wireless, for some reason modern Apple is pushing wireless even though Jobs seemed to hate charging. They are some of the most popular wireless headphones but

>performance is inconsquential for an audio product

Fucking why? I mean people meme about a product being shit or overpriced all the time, but both iPhone and premium androids are good products.

Beats are actually fucking shit unless they changed recently. We even had some open at the phone store I worked and they were like average headphones at a premium price.

they already killed it

This. Because headphones are worn they're often a fashion statement for a lot of people.

The same can be said for any bit of tech you wear (dumb/smart watches) or phones since you carry them around constantly. People will happily ditch functionality if they believe it makes them look the part, and Apple has mastered this as a business practice.

They're buying their own stock back so they can go private. Once they're private, they can do whatever the fuck they want without having to worry about shareholders getting pissy. Which is obviously the plan.

They just bought a German company literally this week. I think your hypothesis is flawed.

They should buy Parallels to augment the Mac. They could turn the Mac Mini into a remote application server for the iPad that would preserve the iPad's security while affording it all the versatility of the Mac. Also, they could deprecate Boot Camp for almost everyone by building VM functionality into MacOS.

>They should buy Parallels to augment the Mac.
I wonder why they haven't. It'd give them another unique feature to brag about and it can't be THAT expensive either.

Because the idea is too good, and they'd sell so many Macs that they'd have to double the size of the suicide nets in Shenzhen to keep the children working.

They're probably spending it to find a cure for Tim Cook's AIDS.

It's funny, because that's literally what (PRODUCT)RED is. A portion of the proceeds from those products goes to AIDS research.

Now take a guess as to why Apple wants to fund AIDS research...

Is parallels really that good?

no, not really. and windows has been shit for years so it's irrelevant.

kek

>$200B """"""cash""""""" in jew tax dodge havens
>only $5B actual cash to run operations
>$100B+ and growing debt to keep company running
>$100B+ in dodged taxes that governments ALWAYS collect on

Literally history's biggest bubble waiting to pop. It's Applel that's getting bought next time the market crashes.

>>$100B+ in dodged taxes that governments ALWAYS collect on

top lol

Apple could just use the money as leverage to force government to give it 'tax amnesty' or otherwise it will just keep the money in tax haven indefinitely

>keep the money in tax haven indefinitely
That they will never be able to touch, and will be forced into debt and interest payments in the hundreds of millions eternally to pay employees to keep operations going since they have no cash. LMAO

Because it's a worthy humanitarian effort that offers good optics? Maybe?

Yep, it is. I run it to great effect on a Macbook Air from 2013. I'm excited to see what it can do on a late-model 15" MBP.

>windows has been shit for years

That's wholly irrelevant. Whether or not Windows is shit ceases to be relevant the moment you find yourself in need of a tool that's only available on Windows.

>That they will never be able to touch,

they are touching it right now.

> and will be forced into debt and interest payments in the hundreds of millions eternally

the billions in tax haven is generating interest payment to counterbalance the interest on loan

>they have no cash.

learn to accounting and finance little grasshopper

>spending money on skype
there's no updates it has had that were worth more than $1000 to 1 guy who did some code for a few hours

>t.brainlet

Consider how much they would have to pay for a feature that would take a fair amount of time to implement and for it only be used by a small group in the user base.

>Parallels
>Ads on an $80 program
Not even once.

Boot Camp exists, and it's a way bigger pain in the dick than Parallels.

- You have to partition off space in advance, space which is permanently tied up in NTFS regardless of how much space you're actually using. This is especially grating when Apple computers tend to possess 256GB of storage or less. Parallels sits on your Mac filesystem, which means it takes up exactly as much space as it needs, and no more.

- You have to shut off your computer and turn it back on in order to switch from one environment to another. With Parallels, it's a three-finger swipe away, and that's if you don't have the Windows DE integrated.

- Your files are completely separate and duplicated, and moving files back and forth between the two volumes is a giant pain. Parallels integrates seamlessly, your Windows desktop symlinks to your Mac desktop folder and your Home folder is mounted as a virtual network share for Windows.

- Also note that Parallels can be used to virtualize platforms other than Windows.

I'm pretty sure that people would use it, at least as many people as use Boot Camp, if not considerably more. Regarding the iPad backend, why wouldn't they want an ever-present catch-all for everything the iPad doesn't -- and can't ever, due to its security model -- do, so they don't have to worry about having to natively satisfy people like software developers?

>tfw work for parallels
>tfw making mad dosh of mactoddler brainlets that bought a shitty fruit toddler toy and realized they needed a real computer
>pay me for the privilege of using windows

lmao

Yes, because the only reason people run VMs is because they chose the "wrong" platform and their computer isn't a "real" computer.

How did you get to work for Parallels when you don't even know what virtualization is for? That's like working at McDonald's and thinking the burgers are being used to build houses.

oh good
you can tell me if there's anything in parallels 13 worth waiting for or if I should just get 12

Does it werk for games at all? I heard some meme about Overwatch running on it but I never heard of games running on a VM so I am skeptical

Sounds cool until you realized having Windows at your fingertips makes OSX completely obsolete, so you might as well just use Windows.

pajeet please

more like running windows apps through a vm as if they were native macos apps renders windows obsolete

>macos os rivaling windows

I wouldn't count on running anything 3D-rendered. I had a grand old time playing Spelunky on mine, but that's about it.

Just for shits and giggles, I tried to run DX:HR on my 27" iMac via Parallels once. I got like 8FPS, it was hilarious.

Not really. Windows is a dumpster fire, but is occasionally a necessary evil, hence the use case for Parallels.

>Windows is a dumpster fire

Well put, a fire (pretty much the backbone of civilization, Windows) in a dumpster (OSX).

>pay
Yeah ... about that ...

Good point, saying it's rivaling Windows is an insult to OS X. OS X is by far better

wew

>look mom I posted it again

waaaaaaaah stop posting truths

Where did I say that?

>>look mom I posted it again
... and it's still wrong.

Wow you aren't even trying to hide who you are working for this time are you?

Even people who use Windows don't seriously think it's better than MacOS they just use it because it's what works on their computer.

he cleans toilets there

they did it for the public. there too many shitty start ups now that just ruins good tech

apple took the hit by buying them and shutting them down / make them better and save the day

now the beatsx is pretty cool and they no longer do those shitty beats solo thing anymore

praise apple

>now the beatsx is pretty cool
fuck no... you're telling me apple fixed the shit meme that was beats? some things aren't worth fighting for

I wish beats would've just gone