Show me an OS written for the 21st century

redox, plan9, templeos, will any of these kick off as the modernization of operating systems ?

>Show me an OS written for the 21st century
macOS High Sierra

21st century power user not 21st century normie

the BSD XNU Darwin subsystem and kernel are one of the most powerful and capable operating systems on the market. Mac OS X was literally written at the start of the 21st century FOR the 21st century.

>redox
cuck licence, SJW infested, communist joos, no future

>plan9
needs love, devs, and alternative Desktop options, out of "research os" closet

>templeos
a joke but still has some worth from a learning (os development) persective

>macOS
bitch, please. stop talking.

/thread

I hope so

I hope Redox kicks out, though it will never happen

off*

What other OS has these, serious question.

None. If you look at the list of features of ElCap, Sierra, High Sierra... there isn't an OS that comes even close to it. That's why it's so fucking hard to move from macOS once you settle within in. It's really fucking hard to move to Linux after macOS and nearly impossible to move to Windows 10. WIndows 10 is antiquated at this point.

>provides points for the others
>just says "bitch, please. stop talking" for macOS

macOS High Sierra

utah2k

Debian Testing

seL4

As someone never willing to buy a Mac, I agree. It appeals to my childish emotions, but providing no argument is hardly helpful. I just want to see progress toward software freedom, but a feature is a feature.

Rio is perfectly fine

redox looks cool, like an opensource qnx

no, it's not. I understood how it works and it's efficient but sometimes I just want lazy drag&drop, doubleclick, non-three button mouse input.

>bitch, please. stop talking.

Bravo. The pinnacle of intellectual clarity. Such eloquent argumentation.

Ah fuck, I can confirm. I switched to macOS a year ago and had a difficult time at first. Now going back to Windows is really becoming a chore.

>all drivers in userspace
>microkernel IPC message passing
kek

>dragndrop
how would that work in plan 9 environment?
>doubleclick and non 3 button mouse input
just write a simple patch to replace middle click with doubleclick. and plan 9 supports 3rd button emulation