What's the most cyberpunk city in the world?

What's the most cyberpunk city in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ztGzzvchcUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VTKEx0N0DCY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ugt4FJ3xFAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=17LBp19MADw
wikitravel.org/en/Shenzhen
youtube.com/watch?v=FFPjJM6yYS8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Temple,_Sripuram
youtube.com/watch?v=FOeVdyXEiOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe somewhere like Shenzhen, Tokyo or Seoul.

It's Shenzhen. The mixture of super high tech and literally third world fishing peasants is not found anywhere else

This

>yellow fever thread
hide

/thread
I've gone to Shenzhen 10 times in the past 2 years and returning soon for 2 months

It is seriously mind blowing to know a city like it exist in China of all places

what do you mean? china is a manufacturing country and still has millions living in poverty. it would only be logical for at least one city to exist like that.
might be missing something never have gone though.

I don't think any city's going to be as cyberpunk as Kowloon Walled City was

Some asian city for sure

This photo is pretty dank of tokyo

Aside from the one's mentioned already like Shenzhen, Tokyo, and Seoul I'd also nominate Detroit and Bangkok.

detroit is low life but not at all high tech
Shits infested

Bank cock is pretty bangin

Not many white citys that are cyberpunk like
Moscow maybe

Detroit is niggerpunk, not cyberpunk

India, they have nuclear power plants but people still poo on the streets

>t. never been

Hipsters are buying up all that cheap land and building infrastructure for startups, shit's going to get gentrified into Silicon Valley 2: Electric Boogaloo

who asked anything about white cyberpunk cities?
better not be trying to subvert cyberpunk friend.

Someone said they are only asian
Sure the best might be but not all

Vegas is pretty degenerate and tech as fuck these days
Since they built the city center shit its hype

Looks just like every other modern city

well alright, if we want some white tech cities, see maybe seattle? pnw is very white and amazon and microsoft dual-own that city.
but cyberpunk cities have a little more to them. something only a lot of people packed into them can achieve, which ends up mostly likely being in asia. we still have suburbs in most cities here.

This. I've been to detroit several times and believe me that shit's going to get high tech, low life real fast. you guys probably just dismissed it immediately just because "muh colored people can't possibly be in my imaginary cyberpunk fantasyland"

Asian cities are really kind of low hanging fruit for cyberpunk. It ticks off many check boxes for aesthetics, but really cyberpunk originally featured predominately Asian things in the west. It was done as an exercise in extrapolating Asian population growth at the time and expected future immigration. Cyperpunk speculators just kind of assumed Asians would be the majority ethnic group and generally be everywhere in the future

Yea but you have mexican kids handing out fliers for hookers on everycorner and chicks walking about asking to suck your dick no joke.
I saw a guy slamin heroin right on the sidewalk no fucks given
Everyone is there to take your money and that is it
Low life as fuck only cyberpunk main theme missing is it never rains so never that cool wet look on everything

Its pretty much full of asians at this point tho so I guess its anouther asian city

What kind of punk would Toronto be

youtube.com/watch?v=ztGzzvchcUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VTKEx0N0DCY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ugt4FJ3xFAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=17LBp19MADw

Too much emphasis on aesthetics in modern cyberpunk. Most people forget the point.

Naw has to be high tech AND low life people all over
PNW is all pumpkin spice eating neckbeard faggots
Also asian citys always seem to be grimmy as fuck
Maybe its because people are packed in there so everything gets used so much
sidewalks dirty as fuck overflowing trash bins random old shitty bicycle about

What are some large companies based in Toronto? What are the ghettos like?

>Asians would be the majority ethnic group and generally be everywhere in the future
i know they are at least one of those in most big cities.

On a point basis the most cyberpunk place in the world would be india
Everyone has crazy tech and knowledge but literally poo in the streets and are skum
But it has no aesthetics Maybe its too dirty?

Neuromancer takes place in Chiba City, somewhere inbetween Boston and Atlanta; let's say Richmond; and on a satellite. One of those places?

Basically every major city in Australia.

China has 1 billion people. India has 1 billion people.

I don't particularly care who is the majority anywhere since I'm going to die relatively soon, but what did people think would happen with globalism? You have 2 billion people from Asian countries spreading out to every western country imaginable. Not only that, people are welcoming it. Culture will be lost to the countries that have the most people. What're you gonnado.

>What're you gonna do?

Either give in to globalization and take part in some general assimilation (in both directions) or go the nationalist route and inevitably lose a conflict to the larger force.

not very punk of you chummer, maybe you took the wrong right turn here?
the minute everyone got addicted to cheap asian goods, was the minute that bell was rung. hard to unring it too.

>Everyone has crazy tech and knowledge

Eh, I don't know much about India honestly. What do their rich look like? See a main facet of cyberpunk is definitely low life and tech everywhere, but there also has to be an upper crust. Elite corporations doing shady ass shit.

New culture will emerge, this is the march of history.

Is there even a more cyberpunk concept than Globalization though? This thread was asking about particular cities. and I asked in this post about the upper crust / corporations in India and it really kind of dawned on me that India's upper crust is the west.

Gibson was honestly right. Cyberpunk as literary speculation is fucking dead. The entire fucking world is cyberpunk. Barely regulated corporatism fucking over the third world, Rich ass motherfuckers getting richer by distributing fairly inexpensive (for the most part) tech to the masses, and it's all happening worldwide. Not just in particular cities.

Lol. Never been to Portland I take it? I could show you some shit bruh.
Don't forget. Anything on i5 is dangerous because alot of the big movers use it.

they have their own upper caste. some pictures of the high end high rises next to poverty stricken shacks.
there are winners in every country, the west hasn't been all that great to some 3rd world countries, but they are not all peasants, vast majority are sure but there is an upper class nearly everywhere. unless they haven't been run out or anything, then the new upper class forms anyway.

high tech city, full of corruption, cold citizens and capitalistic as fuck? Seoul.

it's literally an experimental zone for just that

wikitravel.org/en/Shenzhen

china's closed off zone of experiments

Kowloon.

In HK atm

Pretty cyber. Was in SZ a few years ago and I don't remember it being particularly cyber, just a big Chinese city

How is that anywhere near cyberpunk?

I'd probably consider a Taipai in Taiwan a candidate too.

Gentripunk/hipstertrash

>Tokyo

Tokyo, while very high tech, is the cleanest, most orderly city in the world, and I am from Scandinavia.

>the cleanest
have you ever been there? it's the most overrated city in the world next to paris and even most Japanese avoid it like the plague unless they really need to do business there.

Astrakhan, Russia.

>most japanese avoid it like the plague
>more than a third of japanese live there

japan has flyover hillbillies, too, it's just a better country because they count for less

Guiyang China

Thought I had a better pic but pic related

pop punk

But no city in India is nearly cyberpunkesque like Tokyo or Shenzen or Hong Kong.The infrastructure is beyond shit.Just like most things.

It actually depends on the kind of cyberpunk you want

Industrial is Shenzhen.
Tokyo is Cultural/Consumist/Gang.

Alternatively you can also look to Macau if you're looking for Corporate Cyber.

Cuba.

youtube.com/watch?v=FFPjJM6yYS8

yeah i mean, fishermans are fishing with recycled drones, nothing cyberpunk bout that

The point is
1. High tech, low life
>Anything that can be done to a rat can be done to a human
being. And we can do most anything to rats. This is a hard thing to
think about, but it's the truth. It won't go away because we cover our
eyes.
>*This* is cyberpunk.
>-Bruce Sterling. Cyberpunk in the Nineties

>Barely regulated corporatism fucking over the third world
That's what the press loves to talk about, but make no mistake, the main thing fucking over the third world is the interference by the US government. Cyberpunk was, in a way, overoptimistic in supposing that governments would fade away.

I havent seen much of Tokyo so I can't say for sure, but I dont think Seoul is super cyberpunk, I think the other cities in Korea are more cyberpunk, there's this very interesting blend, you'll see a broken down shack with a big screen tv in it, or be in some broken down dilapidated area and then there's a super bright, new looking vending machine. Idk, it's cool. Also the places with endless alley's going all over the place.

Hong Kong

High tech, 40-story houses, and people literally living in cages

>The entire fucking world is cyberpunk.
This same thought crossed my mind a while back. Relatively cheap but advanced electronics are pretty much (almost) everywhere, while corporate influence grows daily, worldwide.

tfw
>low life
without
>high tech

fuck this city t.bh

That is pretty fucking insane.

Lots of cities in Latin America are literally cyberpunk in morals/culture, but not really technological.

I'd say that in 30-40 years Sao Paulo will be cyberpunk in all senses.

just a waste of space desu

>Australia
>culture

Nothing of value was lost. Anglocucks can't admit it out of some misplaced sense of cultural superiority that Asian migration was perhaps the best outcome for Australia, considering non white migration was always going to happen as Anglos have had below replacement birth rates for generations. Australia was going to end up much worse than Japan if the government didn't open the borders to Asian immigration . Atleast with highly selective immigration,you're not getting literal human trash, unlike Europe and you're instead getting uttermensch higher ed students from the elite classes and skilled workers from Asia who will contribute more to your society than the average bogan neet. Perhaps you should work on that Anglo birth rate instead of blaming hard working immigrants for the fact that your people fail to have replacement levels birth rates

Yes, and is right. Tokyo is extremely clean. It's crowded, sure, but it's very well maintained.

Tokyo hands down, no competition

The original and one and only

That said with cash you can go anywhere in the world an make any city your own cyberpunk exp, alot in Asia

>interference by the US government
this guy gets it. The moment you start to compete with US some "incident" happens and your country goes to shit.
An easy example: You know you can't plant cotton in Afghanistan right, now guess who is the largest exporter of cotton???

Cuckpunk

>Asian cities are really kind of low hanging fruit for cyberpunk. It ticks off many check boxes for aesthetics, but really cyberpunk originally featured predominately Asian things in the west. It was done as an exercise in extrapolating Asian population growth at the time and expected future immigration. Cyperpunk speculators just kind of assumed Asians would be the majority ethnic group and generally be everywhere in the future

Yeah but check out these aesthetics

It'll still happen, China is the next superpower and renminbi will become the reverse currency of the world, instead of the United States dollar.
I, for one, look forward to that day.

>*reserve currency

>Detroit is niggerpunk
We call ourselves "ghettotech".
>t. Detroiter

I'm not really looking forward to that day, I can barely speak Japanese after 3 years of studying it, I have no idea how bad learning chink would be.

Kyoto.

Chinks can't even build a jet engine

Hahaha have you ever been to Kyoto? It just looks like it's stuck in the 90s.

That's definitely the cyberpunk aesthetic

I've never actually been there, but I imagine it would be London. With its widespread surveillance, and a government that is hostile towards encryption, and where you might actually be put in jail for thought crime.

I imagine many chinese cities could qualify too, due to many of the same reasons.

Mogadishu

Modern Indians like the Arabs, generally have shitty tastes in architecture and aesthetics. If Indians were to go through a building boom, most of their cities will probably look like shoddy versions of the typical oil rich gulf Arab city.

That's funny, considering most of American everything is manufactured in China. :^)

Not true at all

Finding American made products is very easy ... unless it has a circuit board

Wewlad
>America can manufacture shampoo
>China can into electrical engineering
Wewlad

They always have.
The love gaudiness.
For instance, historic temples gilded with gold (literally): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Temple,_Sripuram

>the markup and profit on the shampoo is larger
kek

>using the smiley with a carat nose

The characters also visit Turkey for a short while but the way it's told feels more like the place hasn't had any development since early 20th century.

Aside from the Mexican thing you could apply that to virtually every tech city in Asia even Hong Kong

T. Lived in Shenzhen

>I like having really expensive shampoo
No wonder American hygiene is so lax, and it obivously isn't because of Hispanics.

>being poor
Are you, by chance, from Europe? :^)

If you seek legitimate hacking service ,contact [email protected] ...dude's a cyber guru, involved with cloning phones, hacked into my ex's gmail and facbook, what let me knowing she was infidel and also gave my nephew some really outstanding school scores which he upgraded himself, cool way to have financial freedom as well. Get your bank blank atm cards which could debit money from any a.t.m machine. Make $20,000 and more in a couple days. Bank transfers and wire transfers as well as Paypal jobs, hes that good, had to make him my personal hacker. You could mail him as well if you got issues, he's as discreet and professional too. He's kinda picky though so make mention of the reference7

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! YOU KILLED YOUR FATHERLANDS IN WW2 YOU FUCKING BASTARDS, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! FUCK YOU! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There's this poster on Sup Forums I'd like him to take care of. He posts under the name of "Prashant Swain". Can you forward that to him?

holy fucking shit 10/10

nah vegas isn't cyberpunk at all because macau is where it's at, its own category for degeneracy and voidness

just noticed how tall this chick is, high tier

Hong Kong, obviously.

youtube.com/watch?v=FOeVdyXEiOc

Post pics