Am I about to make a horrible mistake

Am I about to make a horrible mistake

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EU6Tv-OfXk0
cnet.com/news/nextbit-robin-phone-will-be-no-more-as-new-owner-razer-steps-in/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah you are. The company is going under too

I thought it was bought by Razer, and Razer was still going to support it for another year or so? Honestly that's all I need desu.

Why would you want to buy a device that overheats and won't last a of normal use?

>no keyboard
Yes

Buy a Moto Sup Forums4 or a OPX if you need a good budget phone

Man, I don't know why I come to Sup Forums looking for sources of buyer's remorse instead of making threads before I actually pull the trigger

Biggest miss steak of you're life

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=EU6Tv-OfXk0

meh.

say it with me

N O

U
P
D
A
T
E
S

It's got an official LineageOS build which means updates forever.

It's the same colour as an 80s toilet. If you buy it you're a retard.

>cloudmeme

getting a 5x and installing copperheados is the correct answer to the budget phone question

BOOT LOOP

nevermind i assumed they would have gotten much cheaper by now but they clearly havent and you can probably score a 6p around the same price

This ugly speaker looks familiar. What phone is that?

Nextbit Robin

> miss steak
I thought it was "miss stake"?

Thanks.

It failed zacks durability test, it's complete plastic

>those thick ugly multicolor bezels
Is this a toy phone?

it's gonna fall apart just by one touch there's a (actual) modular phone

>tfw want to buy the Xperia L1 but Sup Forums keeps giving me better but uglier suggestions.

fug

Yeah, don't buy that shit. Buy a used Nexus 6, OnePlus 2, or even a Blackberry Passport. But don't buy that Nextbot Robnet phone. Cloud storage is for cucks.

I didn't even really give a shit about the cloud storage the other specs for the price were too good to pass up
I was trying to find a oneplus 2 but literally impossible aside from amazon which said it would ship in two to three months

Absolutely.

your money

>Nextbit’s Smart Storage features have been baked directly into the OS so it’s able to intelligently manage your storage. To do this, the Robin automatically offloads the apps and photos you’re not using to the cloud when your smartphone is running out of space, but this comes with its own set of issues.
>However, when you use the phone from new (or after a reset), and subsequently run out of space (if, for example you take thousands of images when travelling for a week), the smart storage features won’t offload any apps or photos as you’ve only just taken / installed them.
>The device will actually move unused apps to the cloud to save space, and pull them down again when needed. The phone will back up the APK data to its cloud, leaving your personal application data locally on the phone. The app icon will gray out, indicating that the app is backed up. If you try to launch the app again it'll prompt you to re-download the app.
cnet.com/news/nextbit-robin-phone-will-be-no-more-as-new-owner-razer-steps-in/

Botnet: the phone

Who cares it was already android

meme boi

Why is this shilled here now
Literal shit

under 200 dollars and rivals the goog's last good phone

not a meme
you bought a plastic toy

fucking ugly as shit speaker
fucking wide as shit bezels
that massive fucking black border in display

fuck that shit, why'd you fucking waste your money on that horrible fucking shit you fucking shithead

>Who cares it was already android
At least other Android phones have micro SD card slots and don't automatically upload your photos without your input. Moreover, this phone leaves you without your apps if you're offline. Sure, custom ROMs exist for it, but who's going to bother when the company is being taken over by Razer now?

when is my phone ever going to be put under those conditions

I mean, congratulations for a failed investment and a phone with virtually zero resale value. It's not like you couldn't have done research before buying it, but hey, it's your money after all and you're free to waste as much of it as you like.

I just wanted something to replace my bootlooping 5x that would hold me over for at least a year why are you guys being so mean to me

Who's being mean? People are realistic. You've gotten good advice and no one's provoked or insulted you really.

The g2x was supported by the community for a ridiculous amount of time after LG made it clear they stopped givign a shit about it

I have an all black Robin For sale if you're interested OP. $100 and its yours.

Received for free for helping them out with some marketing stuff.Its a pretty sweet phone all around.

Proof

Ask /csg/ and they'll source you a better phone

the phone is basically a 5X with an extra GB of RAM, worse camera, and all-plastic build

to the people citing updates as a negative - it is an android device older than 6 months, so of course it's not getting any. the phone has been mad cheap so you're going to have ROMs available for some time. just don't bend it and you should be fine. at $100 I don't know what's beating it.

P

O

O

>$100 used when it's $117 new
if he wanted used then why wouldn't he just buy it for $50 on ebay?

I

Don't forget it got updated all the way to Android 7.1.1 while there's many flagships still on 7.0, not to forget all the phones that launched in 2015 and 2016 that are still stuck on 6.0 Marshmallow

>He doesn't randomly tries to bend his phone for fun

Fucking casual

Victorinox Tomo: The Phone

what did he mean by this

He's Brazilian.

Yes, yes you are :^)

Well it just got here

Time to rice up this bad boy and see if it blows up in my face and if Sup Forums was right

Wish me luck friends

Take pics (of the phone, not with the phone)

Nah, I've got one and haven't had any serious problems. It's basically a Nexus 5x with another gig of RAM and more asthetic

I will once I'm done tweaking with it

Any advice on how to reduce the heat? Its not too bad but considering I've just been downloading and arranging stuff its a bit worrying

Also the charging seems far slower than the Nexus 5x, did you notice that? So far those are the only two things I'm vaguely concerned about

yes very very bad. it like chocolate.it break. no buy this, you cry after you buy ok friend?

It isn't a bad phone for $130.
Install Lineage OS and you're golden.

guess hes gone

Good choice OP!