Oh wow, thank you linux! that is so helpful!

oh wow, thank you linux! that is so helpful!

that's gcc you moron,
also learn to use a compiler and/or to write source.

what an articulated response! the helpful linux user strikes back immediately, offering insight such as "it's you, not me"!

oh yeah user, the problem is the compiler here.. no actually, the os kernel!

just the good old gnu linux doing his thing

>fuk u kid get gud xdD
christ

Slightly more useful than "Something happened."
You know the error was in stage1-bubble.

read the logs you nigger

everything about linux culture is toxic like this, typical question/answer session:

hey I got this incredibly cryptic error with no description or anything. What should I do?
"LOL READ THE LOGS LOL"
where are they?
"LOL??? JUST READ THE MANUAL YOU DUMB WINDOOF USER"
uh ok, the manual says that the logs are in logs/config.log.txt but that's a 8mb file.
"SO??? READ IT YOU DUMBASS DONT YOU HAVE CTRL+F? LOOOL"

This is the state of lin00x

>t. the illiterate negro

man make
man gcc
Stack overflow

God forbid you have to look something up. Sorry user if you don't want to be part of the botnet you need to put in a little work.

cat mylog.log | tail

>incredibly cryptic error
>actually tells you where the problem is
>could probably google it and find your own fix, vs "something happened" faggotry on windows
what more do you want spoonfed to you, faggot

tail mylog.log

>being this retarded

You don't deserve software freedom.

it's to keep retards like you out

it's because what you're doing is not for the standard user

if it is, there is probably a wiki entry or something of the sort

otherwise, your question is complicated and you will probably have following questions, and nobody wants to give you a seminar on how to do everything that you need to do and what it does

Where is the problem description in OP's image?

made me laugh out loud, this is exactly how delusional linux users are.
who the fuck in the history of the world EVER searched through a logfile with tail. I mean you gotta be in the 70s for that.

> it's another 3h run of error+recompile
> linux users dont see a problem with this

Windows. *click on .exe* oh it works. THAT was hard ! XD

is there no pre-compiled package for the software you're trying to install?

>61105196
You have a strange setup that somehow didn't have bzip2 installed. It's one of the usual suspects along with tar and gzip.

seeing how you confuse a self-extracting binary package with a fucking build script it's pretty obvious you're completely out of your depth

you probably wouldn't be able to compile anything on windows either mate

see, i would tell you how I know that you're a child but what would I gain from that?
self extracting binary package? what in the everloving fuck are you even going on about?
jfc

>> it's another 3h run of error+recompile
>> linux users dont see a problem with this
>Windows. *click on .exe* oh it works. THAT was hard ! XD

>> it's another 3h run of error+recompile
>> linux users dont see a problem with this
>Windows. *click on .exe* oh it works. THAT was hard ! XD

You are an utter moron. Your stupidity is the foundation of all that makes Microsoft powerful. Without you, Microsoft and Oracle would have no customers blindly swallowing their load of crapware.

>failing to install gentoo

get out

> it's another edition of 'linux user thinks people should be okay with spending 5h to test some software'

>can't install bzip properly

wow you sure are fukin stupid

I'm 99% sure I'm being rused and for your sake I really fucking hope so

>self extracting binary package?
that's what an installer is. imagine a zip archive containing all the files your program needs. except that zip archive itself is a program that extracts itself based on the options you selected (eg target directory, create shortcut, untick free mcafee, etc)

when software is distributed in this fashion, somebody has already gone through the trouble of compiling it for you. software on windows doesn't just magically materialize itself in executable form.

what you're trying to do on ganoo is compiling a program from source. the website you got it from probably told you to run the build script (eg ./config, make && make install) but visibly the script is either broken or you're missing something the software needs to build.

you can install pre-compiled software on linux. that's how 99% of people do it. you're acting like doing it the hard way is necessary but really you're just inflicting that trouble on yourself like the clueless moron you are.

Windows is the same

>LOL READ THE MANUAL
>MICROSOFT HAS DEVELOPER RESOURCES FOR THIS
>DID YOU EVEN READ THE FUCKING HEADER FILE IT TELLS YOU EVERYTHING
>FYI POWERSHELL HAS A MANUAL

It's your fault for choosing to do advanced shit

>hurr it's the only way i can have version 0.000001 alpha of this cool program! linux is free that means i gotta have everything i want super easy!
see, we have enough morons like this
>i'm forced to use systemd because it's hard to switch arch to runit.

the developer didn't make an easy to install package because it's not meant for dumbfucks who can't compile, as they don't make helpful bug reports either

I know what an installer is and the various kinds of installers you dumb fuck, I'm asking you what in the everloving hell your point is and how you come up with these words in that order

Yeah, compilers aren't exactly what your average idiot has even an idea of.

That's gcc. Not even the fault of the OS. What were you trying to do here?

OP wants to be spoonfed so he doesn't have to think. Nobody likes spoonfeeding people or catering to retards.

In the Linux and open-source world people aren't being paid to care about your problems, so they don't. Go read the manual and figure things out yourself. Or don't, not their problem what you can or can't get done. Time spent helping someone like you is time they aren't spending solving interesting problems, fixing bugs, or so on. Hence you can't expect spoonfeeding.

Now in the Windows world you can expect spoonfeeding. Why? Because you're being taken advantage of. People are being paid to care about setting things up so that you don't have to think. They have to be paid to do that, because dealing with retards is fucking miserable work. That money has to be made back somehow, with a profit. All the problems with the Windows ecosystem are attributable to this need. It's why those one-click executable installers that you love come bundled with "special offers" that are checked by default. It's why you have no privacy, and why Windows and many things that run on it phone home to report who you are and what you're doing, so that they can sell that information to ad companies. It's why you have no real control, only the one retard-proof path that's been constructed for you, that you're discouraged or disallowed from deviating from. It's why nobody cares about technical excellence, only what morons like you can be conned into paying for. It is, in other words, exactly what someone who actively wants to be helpless can expect.

yeah, getting an error message is being spoonfed.

your attitude is the exact reason why linux never conquered the desktop and never will

Not the person you replied, but I really don't want that. 5-10% tops so that hardware manufacturers would be made to give a fuck, and nothing more.

I'm predicting that if Linux will ever reach over 25% marketshare people will rewrite in Electron to "improve it".

so many meme opinions, why even bother
yep you totally dont want linux to be successful as a linux user

How is this the kernel's fault?

Nothing wrong with that.
You're just retarded.

It clearly says that it's a type 2 error that occurred during stage 1's bubbling step. Are you retarded?

Install bzip2 you fucking moron.

Look at the successful windows. Look at the fucking API. I don't want touching that shit. I don't want seeing that shit. Linux is a success from a programmers side of view. I don't give a shit about other users. Linux is a platform to develop cross-platform programs using MinGW. That's all it means to me.

yfw

kek

luser

gcc takes too long to compile, and there is no point, download a binary.

>Ctrl+f
What is grep?

He's right, though. Linux is a kernel.

Semantics aside, this isn't even an exclusively GNU/Linux issue, since you can install and use GCC on Microsoft Windows just as well as you can on UNIX-like operating systems.

>the developer didn't make an easy to install package because it's not meant for dumbfucks who can't compile,
no, it's because self-contained packages were frowned upon until now.

>success
>can't provide backwards compatibility
>have to rebuild all the apps if a system library is modified

So it's make that's giving the error, and it's just a number, so I would think that means it's not an error actually in make, but something returned by one of the programs it called? So I'd say look at the makefile and compare it to the terminal output, see how far it got before getting stuck, and investigate from there. I know errors generated by GCC are fairly descriptive, they get at least as precise as file, line, and column, error messages only get nasty when you're dealing with C++ templates.

Well considering that on Windows the equivalent is spending 5 hours watching a progress bar not advance, I'd say Linux has the advantage there. At least it does give you some information so you can investigate the problem so you know what you're doing.

Most desktop users don't compile their software from source anyway. It's like saying nobody wants to use Windows because the registry looks scary.

You don't need backwoods compatibility if you have a non-painful update process and most software is available as source.

What kind of ancient computer are you using? GCC takes less time to compile than the kernel on my machine

>most desktop users don't compile their software from source anyway
>and most software is available as source
what?

Software vendors don't want to recompile their applications every time some GTK or QT library changes a symbol.
Developing for Linux requires more QA than OSX or Windows. Why? because they can't what is the end user running so they have to test all the posible cases.
>inb4 just use redhat/suse
There will be always the retard whining the app crashes on some rare distro.

>because they can't know what is the user...
fixed

well they can always just not bother and let the distro maintainers compile their source code.