AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-17-1784_en.htm
ft.com/content/54261860-e7ab-11e6-893c-082c54a7f539?mhq5j=e1
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-your-default-search-settings-firefox
eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:12008E102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why?

was promoting it's own shops as in OPs image.

there is already a thread about this
but yeah, it would be easier to find it you guys stopped using retarded titles (or you know, post actually useful information)

Advertisement is illegal in europe.

In google shopping searches, google shops were promoted above others. This is anti-trust in real countries.
In the US this would have just been called 'sensible business practice'. It also means that google has officially been named as a monopoly.

why all the sudden google hate?

seems targeted honestly...

There's no hate, they just got rekt.

because they became too big, now they are becoming corrupt and soon Google will die.

I love Europe's digital laws

They have been messing with Microsoft for ages too

It isn't yet but it should be.

EU is bad
So many retarded regulations

Wish my country left it

They also fined intel for anti-trust too.

America... doesn't care. In America, corruption and bribery is rewarded, not punished.

>sudden
newbie spotted

You don't have to use fucking Google. It's not a monopoly, there are other search engines

EU Gods will save us from Microshit's totalitarianism.

No specific Google hate but if non-European companies make a lot of money in Europe they will just fine them billions for bullshit to prevent a ban. It's a bit like paying protection money to the Mafia.

They did this to Microsoft, Sony, Toshiba, Hitachi, Intel, Qualcomm, LG, Samsung, Panasonic, etc.

It's literally just extortion by the EU. But I'm okay with it.

t. Eurofag.

>jews jewing jews
wow its nothing. also $2.7 billion is pocket change to google

The EU disagrees.

>to prevent a ban.

*or risk a ban.

Sry, non native English speaker.

Is there some universal human right that sponsored results not be owned by google? Its their site, not exactly a public resource

But Europe is a shithole user, America at least has a based president.

Enjoy your immigrants!

The problem is it's defaulted to every browser instead of offering a choice. Plus it pushes it's own products into your face. Monopolies are illegal in EU, which is good. Why the fuck are you supporting forced ads and centralism?

wtf i thought chrome was Sup Forumss browser of choice??

>Google is worth $109.5 billion USD

Yeah that's right!! Europe sucks cause it's Muslim majority now

We have a much better prez, KEKISTAN approved amiright?

did you also fight in the memetic war? then you will understand this: S H A D I L A Y

God Emperor is the Savior of the White Race and Western Civilizations. Cucks don't realize this

Americans support corporations and monopolies because they are cucks.

Not him but I would rather not see governments involve themselves unnecessarily in the business world. Haven't read much on this particular fine but it seems that Google was just doing good business and it doesn't exactly seem unethical; it isn't like they blocked all results but theirs or anything.

Company cannot give special treatment to anyone, not self not promotees unless clearly labelled.

how does google make money if everything is free?

also youtube imagine all those hard drives and bandwidth required

how do they host the play store and gmail and chrome and chromeos????

most if not all Google revenue comes from Ads

Its the EU, don't question it, they're fucking idiots who constantly single companies out because they know they can leverage easy money out of it.

>involve themselves unnecessarily in the business world
Everyone agrees with this, but it's the line which constitutes 'necessary' that is the subject of the debate.

But Americans usually don't understand that a government is representing the people under its wing and so will go after businesses that are acting against the common interest. Even considering the common interest, let alone taking action in it (even if it's kinda foolish) is a completely alien concept to americans.

>Company breaks EU laws
>EU is singling them out

so, do cops also single you out when they give you speeding ticket?

but businesses are part of the people under said government. and to go against corporations is to go against tax payers

The results in the OP image are clearly labelled "sponsered"...

Corporations are people, yes, good goyim.

Fortunately, in the EU businesses aren't equalised with tax payers.

lmao EU acting though again even though your average european couldn't survive a day without google

S T A R T P A G E D O T C O M

Who the fuck actually uses Google anymore?

Goygle is for fucking cucks.

read the article, it explains everything better than I ever could.

See what I mean? Completely alien concept to americans. Corporations aren't people.
The people who are part of those corporations also deserve the same protection from their own corporation that people outside it get.

Protip: Only those that OWN the corporation have any say in what the corporation does.

Which is why google is heavily regulated, just like water.

RIP Google, no way they recover from this one. Simply nobody has that kind of money

What? Have you read anything about this or are you just saying dumb shit?

Read this: europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-17-1784_en.htm

Well you see EU hit google,because it is desperately needs money,and jews want all money in thier hands so there is no problem fines from jew to jew.

Based EU extorting money from Americunts.

Feels good, man.

Firefox's default is Yahoo. Internet Explorer's is Bing.

Monopolies are NOT illegal in the EU, they have however to follow special laws (antitrust laws), which Google broke.

They have to find some way to pay for all the Muslims destroying their countries.

>Google gives generous donation to EU after ICANN gets transferred to them

really nozzles your noggin

Thanks for paying for my taxes cuck.

>Firefox's default is Yahoo.
Nope, Google.
>Internet Explorer's is Bing.
Nobody gives a shit about IE/Edge.

And again, neither browser provides an initial choice unless you go to settings manually.

I installed Firefox just yesterday on a new laptop. It's Yahoo.

Kikes kiking kikes

>2.7bn
yes well done Google well done.

However
ft.com/content/54261860-e7ab-11e6-893c-082c54a7f539?mhq5j=e1

There are no monopoly laws in EU, there are competition laws in EU and antitrust law is part of competition laws, you fucking moron.

is this a clever trick to make ur accidental reveal of ur newness look like an on purpose thing

>Google will die.
>Google
>Die
Pick one and only one

>There are no monopoly laws in EU

Yes, there's nothing called monopoly laws but there are laws that only apply to companies with dominant market positions (monopolies), which is what I stated, you fucking moron.

>$600 Billion worth
>pay 2.7 billion
Wow, it's fucking nothing

I installed it 3 days ago and Google was the default. It's always my default browser on any OS and it always uses google.com as the default search engine. If it moves you to Yahoo it's your operating system forcing a default on browser, like they sometimes do on android modified by the carriers. Mozilla wouldn't switch to yahoo without a notice.

You just explained why it's Google for you.

so Google isn't allowed to advertise their own stores? haha what the fuck EU is aids

I really can't say I agree with this.
What is next? Complaints because when you search for images on Google you get Google's Image results above other image search engines?
Search for videos and you get Youtube above Facebook?

The page is scrollable. You can compare results. I mean fuck if you search for "rain gear" you haven't even indicated that you're SHOPPING for rain gear.

The sponsored bit at the top of results pages doesn't even push any results off the first page, it just sits above them (not even always above them). The EU is just being a dick about this.

Of course they are. They just have to advertise them as much as any other. Or they can do it somewhere that's not google.com.

> stupid Americans just don't understand because you are stupid
No faggot, we disagree with you, there is a difference.
> the government represents the people so it protects the people
>eu governments
> giving a single shit about their people
Don't make me laugh

Pretty much this.

Western EU is turning into a left wing shithole that finds dumb reasons to tax and fine companies. It's also happening in Tech I have noticed as well.

Reading these posts just reminds me the whole world sucks and everyone is fucked in different ways depending on where you're from.

You said they have to follow "special laws" with is, fucking moronic, every single EU company has to follow competition laws no matter how big or small you are.

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-your-default-search-settings-firefox
Hmmm, I wonder what the default search engine could be.

>any government
>giving a shit about their people
nice one

This. In America consumers are considered consumerist slaves on a huge corporate plantation.

No rights, no protection, just wages and taxes.

The big boys move their money outside of the US, so they pay next to zero taxes. Let the goym pay for roads, justice and defence.

Muriturds are such gullbile sheep.

>fine them billions for bullshit to prevent a ban

That doesn't make any sense. Prevent which ban?

Is this going to be another thread full of non billionaire Americans defending the actions of Jewish American billionaires?

Every EU company has to follow competition laws but not all laws apply to all companies, in this particular case Google is abusing it's market dominance which different from normal anti-competitive behavior (price-fixing, for example, which applies to all companies regardless of their market position).

>Market dominance is, as such, not illegal under EU antitrust rules. However, dominant companies have a special responsibility not to abuse their powerful market position by restricting competition, either in the market where they are dominant or in separate markets.

>Google has abused this market dominance by giving its own comparison shopping service an illegal advantage.

If this were DuckDuckGo they would not have been fined, because they don't have market dominance and therefore cannot abuse their market dominance.

>every OS
>every single OS; windows, GNU, android
>same on firefox beta and firefox nightly
>i-it's you, ALL operating systems are conspiring against you!

That image is from back in early 2015, when they did use Yahoo. So, unless you use an outdated version it's gonna be Google.

As additional proof I just downloaded Firefox Beta (because it doesn't need instalation), here are defaults. And no, it doesn't fetch information from your OS nor does it share configuration with an already installed firefox.

It's okay to be a bully until you start acting like a bully.

I just read the actual law that this fine pertains to

eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:12008E102

Its so fucking vague that they can basically apply this wherever they want. What a joke.

I thought Silicon Valley were a bunch of leftist cucks, so they'll enjoy forking this fine to fund their favourite immigrants, for whom they advertise every day.

Kek, the ironey!

it's ... what? an advertising company isn't allowed to advertise it's own services now?
surely i'm reading you wrong here

welcome to european regulation
sometimes it's applied appropriately, majority of the time its just people swinging shit around hoping no one dies

It's ok to be a bully because it makes you look cool, but not ok to actually bully.

>unironically supporting marx
Heh.

>all of tech is SV
>ironey
this is what happens when you drop out

I'm feeling better about it lately

>Google is dominant in general internet search markets throughout the European Economic Area
>Google has abused this market dominance by giving its own comparison shopping service an illegal advantage. It gave prominent placement in its search results only to its own comparison shopping service, whilst demoting rival services. It stifled competition on the merits in comparison shopping markets.

Google is based in Silicon Valley, tho.

You have no argument. I never said "all of tech" that's your strowman.

>my taxes
>implying you'll benefit at all from this while abdul fucks your wife as you're at work

i don't see how promoting you own services over others should be illegal
this isn't a public/government service we're talking about, it's a private advertising company

Then what the fuck is the point of the OP image? It contributes nothing to the thread

Jewgle can follow the law or fuck off.

This money goes into the EU budget, so member states will pay less. Thanks again cuck.

>this isn't a public/government service we're talking about, it's a private advertising company
It's a private company WITH a monopoly, are you in favor of monopolies stifling competition?

OP is a retard.

this is the new liberal tactic: do a caricature of some teenaged fedoralord saying right-wing things to make the positions sound dumb. don't get me wrong, you can keep doing this all you want. just know that it's transparent and that it doesn't really work beyond showing how butthurt you are about people around here

>so member states will pay less
>he really thinks he's going to pay less

Well fuck, they should sue amazon for promoting their "shipped and sold by amazon" over other sellers when you search for things on their website.

THE NERVE!

This thread is going to turn into a political flamewar but I completely agree. What kind of frivolous bullshit is this case and how many lawyer-pockets did it line?

Moreover, who the fuck uses Google for shopping?

From doing business in the EU.

Let's just say that american tech giants always do everything to avoid the law and pay the least possible in every state, here in Italy the taxation is way too high (seriously, you can't imagine) but if I have to give away a certain percentage of my earns to run the state with all the services we get back I don't understand why a tech company worth like our GDP pays nothing back from what earns from our money.

Every time we have the chance to get something back we do, and it's always too little. We should just force Ireland to stay in a taxation range