Reminder that users of proprietary garbage (wintoddlers/mactoddlers) are NOT welcome on this board

reminder that users of proprietary garbage (wintoddlers/mactoddlers) are NOT welcome on this board
there is a reason there is a picture of Stallman on the front page
go back to Sup Forums come back when you learn how to use a real OS
repeat USERS OF PROPRIETARY GARBAGE DO NOT BELONG HERE

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
github.com/MitsubaBBS/Mitsuba
github.com/vichan-devel/vichan
github.com/lainchan/lainchan
github.com/fallenPineapple/NPFchan
github.com/bakape/meguca
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan/
github.com/majestrate/srndv2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i really like this contribution to this website i think it will make an impact

Mad?

nope, free as in freedom and enjoying not having the NSA up my ass 24/7

C..can I use proprietary g..gaymes..?

The board itself uses a proprietary software, though.

enjoy your ayyymd jewtel and jewefi proprietary botnet

i use AIX, thot

In this proprietary world there must be done some exceptions.
Anyways, site is not runing on my computer, but rather rendered by browser, which is not proprietary.

Stallman did not invent free software
Linux kernel is not superior
Seeing source code and being able to modify it without license struggles does not ensure user's control
Freedesktop Linux OS sucks for desktop use
GPL is manifesto, not a software license
C isn't a good language

u mad? post another screenfetch thread or brag about preview in file picker

he posts about freedom on a proprietary messageboard that lets google track you through reCAPTCHA

depending on what you have enabled that may be less true

reminder that binaries are not free software and JIT compilation is the only way to ensure freedom

Wincicks

This

Sup Forums is a service, not software.

nigger, please

Sup Forums.org/faq#software

Sup Forums is still a service, what it runs is irrelevant.

Nobody is relevant besides yourself, then. What's the point of this thread.

>Nobody is relevant besides yourself, then
I am unsure how you deduce that from my post.

Sup Forums is an user of proprietary garbage named yotsuba.

Sure, this is however irrelevant. Sup Forums is still a service and not a software.

It's no service without a software. Deal with it.

How is this relevant?

Leave this filthy board.

github.com/MitsubaBBS/Mitsuba

You're a retard.
If Windows and Mac users weren't welcome here, they'd be against the rules.
Do you have the authority to edit the rules? No? Then you don't have the authority to say who's welcome here.
I'll stay here as long as I want. What the people here think of me and why is irrelevant, because they have no power. In fact, I hope my insistence on staying here makes them suffer.

>Leave this filthy board.
I do want to do it sometime but not due to the license of the backend. Due to the license of the js, the fact that it needs google bullshit js to post without paying and due to the fact that it bans tor.

>github.com/MitsubaBBS/Mitsuba
Why do you link this specific foss software from the many that exist? It's not a service by itself and the software that nntpchan uses is much better for example.

This claim itself is irrelevant. Sup Forums is a service, not software, but no one said anything to the contrary. We ARE talking about what it runs, so what it runs IS relevant.

Quick question
Is Core duo/Centrino still botnet?

People claim that Sup Forums is non-free which is false as it is a fucking service, they do not talk about what it runs.

>We ARE talking about what it runs, so what it runs IS relevant.
You and only you do. In any case, the software which it runs is not necessarily non-free.

Yes

>People claim that Sup Forums is non-free
This is irrelevant because whatever people you're talking about are not making this claim in this thread. The claim is that "users of proprietary garbage (wintoddlers/mactoddlers) are NOT welcome on this board." No one cares whether Sup Forums ITSELF is nonfree. The issue is whether or not it RUNS on anything nonfree. (See -- does it say "the board itself IS nonfree?" No, it says "the board itself USES...") The reason this is an issue is because if the board itself USES proprietary software, then it is a "user of proprietary garbage" and is "NOT welcome on [itself]."

>Linking Mitsuba
>Not using the superior meguca forum software

Mistuba is abandonware.

github.com/vichan-devel/vichan (abadoned)
github.com/lainchan/lainchan (sees development)
github.com/fallenPineapple/NPFchan (also sees development, installation procedure is strange though)
github.com/bakape/meguca (Professional issue tracker, sees development, very stable, very good codebase)

Also lynxchan

There's also Infinity Next, but it's dead.

Someone really should write a full-featured, secure, modern imageboard software. I think Meguca will fill that need.

You are correct, I was confused with this thread In any case, there is no proof that the software that Sup Forums uses is non-free.

Make your own open source chan and ban whoever with a proprietary user-agent.

Better
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan/
github.com/majestrate/srndv2/

>Look at me, I'm superior because I use different tools

/thread

>NNTPchan
Sure, if you want decentralization. What I've linked offers far more features overall.

Decentralisation and a standard NNTP interface are the most important features. In fact if it has NNTP you can just use your favourite newsreader/mail client instead of being stuck with the web interface.

>You are correct, I was confused with this thread
oh
i didn't realize that thread was a thing
>In any case, there is no proof that the software that Sup Forums uses is non-free.
*shrug*

>*shrug*
xD
I am still correct however, nobody here claimed that they have the binary of the backend without its source.

Nothing to stop Linux having spyware built in and just having the OS hide it from view

If you want security make your own OS

If you seek legitimate hacking service ,contact [email protected] ...dude's a cyber guru, involved with cloning phones, hacked into my ex's gmail and facbook, what let me knowing she was infidel and also gave my nephew some really outstanding school scores which he upgraded himself, cool way to have financial freedom as well. Get your bank blank atm cards which could debit money from any a.t.m machine. Make $20,000 and more in a couple days. Bank transfers and wire transfers as well as Paypal jobs, hes that good, had to make him my personal hacker. You could mail him as well if you got issues, he's as discreet and professional too. He's kinda picky though so make mention of the reference66

>Nothing to stop Linux having spyware built in
Except that the source would be visible.

Are you a bot?

>Sup Forums is a service, not software.

Windows 10 is also a service so cuck my cock freetard GNUmale faggots.

Well fuck you then.
You know, it's bad enough to be a proprietary brainlet, it really is, I promise.
You really don't have to go the extra mile and also be a fucking dick.

>Windows 10 is also a service
No

>cuck my cock
Ok, where is your wife?

This. It would be stupid to consider dropping services like Google, Amazon, Microsoft online stuff, Amazon, Paypal and all other online stuff. They're all just services.

>No
Not him but it is though
In fact that's what's wrong with it
Windows 10 tries to decide what you get to have on your computer and how private it gets to be, and to justify this it gives you frequent personalized updates
The idea is of course that if your OS is software that you've bought, it's yours, and they don't want that because then you can kick them out, but if it's a service you're paying for, it's still theirs, so they can still control it "for you"
Truly disgusting

Isn't Sup Forums proprietary?

ur the wife

>reminder that users of proprietary garbage (wintoddlers/mactoddlers) are NOT welcome on this board
but why are like 50% of the threads are either about mactoddlers shilling iphone or winshits who need new gaymen hardware?
Also the other 49% are just neckbeards posting little girls and talking about irrelevant ricing shit.
just to be clear here: RICING IS NOT TECHNOLOGY. ANIME AINT NO TECHNOLOGY EITHER.

Sometimes there is a technology thread

>there is a reason there is a picture of Stallman on the front page
>wiki.installgentoo.com
>Stallman hate gentoo