The Victorian era was England's greatest period in history. We were rich and powerful, big empire...

The Victorian era was England's greatest period in history. We were rich and powerful, big empire, industrial revolution, lot's of science.

What was your country's greatest era and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O_me3NrPMh8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_T._R._Fox#/media/File:Superpower_map_1945.png
elmonomudo.com/2010/08/06/la-corona-de-aragon-y-una-vision-incomoda/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

40s-50s

Iconic style, music, and architecture, and larger sense of morality and community. No commies either. Everything seemed perfect minus racism but what can you do.

Is it true that every woman walked around dressed like that during the Victorian era?

For your robber barons and upper castes, yeah. Not so much for the poor peasants and working classes.

My guess is that 95% of people walked around dressed in this kind of garb

youtube.com/watch?v=O_me3NrPMh8

mmm....nope. the middle class imitated the wealthy, with cheaper fabrics...only the very very looked like this

Pretty sure most of those shots are Edwardian England

Louis XIV,
When Mazarin died, France was the biggest power in Europe, and even brought peace to it (which is a very rare thing on this continent). Economy was rising and money was flowing.
Also, France used to be seen as a sophisticated and refined nation. Some nobles from other countries couldn't handle the great amount of protocols, etc.
't was a pretty good time imo.

The 1st Empire was also bretty gud. Short but really glorious !
The 2nd, despite a lot of hate, I think wasn't that bad.

people didn't even dress like that in the middle ages

are you stupid

>France was the biggest power in Europe
It was also the most populous country of Europe... So there's no credit to be gained.
England overtook us on all the plans with less people.

Louis XIV literally nearly bankrupt France.

First French Empire was the GOAT.

Whose idea was it of "french civic nationalism" and saying there is no such thing as a french ethnicity?
And who let in all the niggers,mudfarts,asians and island inbred nigs?

1945-1950ish

>minus racism
>minus

back when tax was at what percentage btw? :^)

FUCK OFF GET OUT

Golden Age of Poland during PLC superpower for over 50 years ! just fuck my shit up with this shit country

>minus racism

lol nice bait

Al-Andalus era with Cordoba being the most populated city in Europe

That's how britbongs dress nowadays. They haven't really possessed past the middle ages. Every time I visit England, I'm always clawed at by grubby peasants going "P-please m'lord, send us your American freedom and liberate us humble Saxon folk from the reign of our Saracen overlords!"

this

40s-60s
>wool is still a valuable export
>significant manufacturing still exists
>pro-imperial trade policies in Britain ensure NZ exports have limited competition
>advanced (at the time) welfare state
>not so many fucking Islanders, Chinamen, and Indians
>Maoridom not so badly ghettoised as they will be in later decades

I always grab their tea and throw it into the corpse and shit filled Thames right in front of them when I'm over their and they start begging me for a pence and asking if they can stroke the goose and shit.

bout 1900 to 1980

things started going wrong in the 60s, but we coasted for another couple of decades. we were still 97.8% white in the 1981 census. Thinking about it now, we were probably one of the whitest colonial countries to have ever existed, given the blacks in America, the maori in NZ, etc.

The Era of Discoveries

A New World in your hands

Catherine II's rule, also 1905-1914, after that our history is like SHIT SHIT SHIT HOOOOLY SHIT FUUUUUUUUCK. Two revolutions, two great wars, eternal decay of country and lots of blood, deaths and suffering. That's the secret of the mysterious Russian soul: hundred years of pain.

The Interbellum.

Probably before the natives arrived. There were giant animals and huge glaciers no natives.

>le everyone in the middle ages is dirty and poor and wears brown clothes meme

>What was your country's greatest era and why?

Normal people always suffered no matter what era of our history.

Fuck this country.

Y'all know the answers already.

Well but you basically conquered your way to being the most populous, that's where the credit is.

The ottonian renaissance?

1943-1945

YOLO

Austria-Hungary, 1867-1914

Industry growing without an end in sight, culture was known across the world and great contributions to science and arts were made.

Universal voting rights for men and social laws inproved the lives of the lower class significantly.

Literally bad guy: the country

For white people? 40s-60s

Perhaps 10s-20s as well, roaring population increase with loads of European immigration and industry in full swing

you are somewhat right and there were many god awful treated child labors as well. though i prefer this. fuck nobles in the era. those victorian aesthetics are fairy still good for females but for males? not really or simply no.

that can work for apocalyptic steampunk as cool at least even though i much prefer cyberpunk.

>Only U.S. golden ages were when tax rates were very high

Why don't Americans like Sanders? Don't Americans want to go back to those golden ages? :^)

Caliphate of Cordoba period (929-1031). Not only we waz kingz and sheit but we did a lot of black science.

There has only been 2 superpowers in human history you illiterate fucktard. At most you were a regional power.

You don't count the British Empire?

it wasn't significantly stronger than its rivals though, it was only the strongest among many strong cunts

William T.R. Fox, the person who coined the term 'superpower' says the British Empire was the 3rd superpower.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_T._R._Fox#/media/File:Superpower_map_1945.png

Whatever, Britain never was US-USSR-Rome tier in terms of relative power

god save the british queen

Something like 25%. Truth be told, when you factor in federal and state taxes, there's not much of a difference now.

>

1500's to the 1600's probably.

Kebab removals across the world, discoveries, spices, wealth, original architectural styles, literature

Cosplay is always sexier than the reality

The late XVII-early XVIII(17-18th)
Gold from Brazil and the overall trade made Portugal one of the most financially powerful countries with the crown having more good than the crown of England and France combined.
We built churches and shit with that money and the an earthquake came and we spent all of it in rebuilding lisbon

>tfw you'll never live in 1890's german empire with technology, culture and art booming

Probably the 1200s or something. When we owned Iceland, Greenland, Faroe Islands, Orkney, Shetland, and we had a a strong literary tradition with much writing in our own language.

Alternatively, possibly the 1950s until today, when we became rich and our own country with our own culture.

Probaby.. During D. Manuel's 1 reign, Lisbon was the richest city in Europe, Also, when gold was discovered in Brazil, but that was a bit later.

Our greatest era was in XVII century.

But tb.h it is also now. If there wont be any war we can have our golden age again,

13th Century - the rule of Premysl Otakar II., where we couldve stopped the cancer called "Habsburgs" but one tiny
thing went wrong on the Battle on the Marchfield and Europe was doomed.

14th Centry - rule of Charles IV., Golden age of Bohemian Crown.

1920-1938 - First Republic.. Regional power, everyone sucked our dick until Hitler fucked us in the ass while
Chamberlain and Daladier held our ass cheeks spread and Musolini was taping it from behind, while USSR was like
"dudes this aint cool yo!" and Poland was like "man I could jerk off to this" so they totally did. And Hungary was like
"Fuck jerking off by myself, I will use Czechoslovakias hand to jerk me off lmao."
And once Nazis were done cumming inside Czechoslovakia, Great Britain and France licked up the excess cum from
the floor and told everyone at home about how great it was.

wow lad calm down

probably last two decades of 1800s then also 1945-1963. 1982-2000 were the shit, as well.

Regional """"power"""" who lost its independence without a fight.. mhm..

indeed, the last decade of 1800s seemed pretty damn cool.
>EXTRAORDINARY GENTREMEN was a cool movie
>much stylish many gadgets
>qt late victorian outfits

No its again people cosplaying the widow queen Victoria.

Plus the whole era was hypocrite af, its not as if Victoria could have had so many children without being a beast in the sack.

None, brazil always was shit and will not change.

"He who is the master of Bohemia proper is the master of Europe." - Bismarck

Top kek, mate

eh...they were married like 17 years, they had 9 kids...probably had sex 9 times, then

nós éramos

If we were discovered by more intelligent people like britains.. Brazil were a potency nowadays. The intellectual Brazilian elite hates lusos and make jokes how you are dumb.

the late of 1980's
Japanese bubble boom made it possible to buy all the land of America for land of Tokyo in theory.

pro tip: you don't have to pay all of the taxes if you don't want to

And yet the average IQ of Brazil is on the threshold for the mentali retarded, meaning half the population is literally a retard. B replying to you, there's nearly a 50% chance I'm trying to reason with a retard.

You guys invent jokes to laugh about us, we read the newspaper to laugh about you.

Don't blame us for your shortcomings. You've had independence for centuries now. If Britain had colonised you, you could be anything from Australia to Zimbabwe tier by your logic.

Might I remind you that when Portugal ruled Brazil, some parts of it where better than Lisbon?

You fucked it up so much after we left that even Pedro would rather die here.

the 1400's were our greatest times, back when we Catalans ruled the Mediterranean

Try living in NYC we have our own insane city tax.

This made me laugh. Great post friend.

>catalaragonesa

this

They were also known to be very affectionate and the first ones to show their family life to the public.

What about the interwar period?

>elmonomudo.com/2010/08/06/la-corona-de-aragon-y-una-vision-incomoda/

here you have all the answers

I am not a retard, and your country is shit like mine. So we are even.

yeah, nobody calls it the crown of Catalanaragon lad

It's the crown of Aragon, and it ends there.

Nah, you say you are not a retard, chances say it goes either way, and my country is still bether than yours, not "like" yours, so you can go fuck yourself.

was great for the nobility and some entrepeneurs. most people lived like shit, all dem slave children

Portugal is a burden like Greece to the EU, stop talking shit.

muh grandeur.

The second empire was the best era for people's lifes , a pity "napoleon" III was shit at foreign policy.

oh, I agree the name was Crown of Aragon

I disagree however with the common misconception that the Aragonese where somehow in power, when the kings were and spoke Catalan, the Language of the administration was Catalan, the most important city and the palace was in Barcelona

Yeah, still better than Brazil.

compare crime rates between Portugal and Brazil

there is a french ethnicity, there is also a french citizenship.

politicians see countries like a company. It must grow, easiest way to grow is by adding people, and if those new people do shit jobs with low salaries it is even better.

shieeeeeet

if what you say is true, Spain is going to be great

>Something like 25%
>actually thinks this

Keep telling lies, Jordi.

read this >inb4 tl;dr

>implying it had one

Meiji restoration up to 1930's. Japan became better western country than all western countries. Defeat Russia. Begins to colonize Brazil. Then stupid government militarize and try to fight America. Now I am a salaryman.

The reconquista of the lost territories in the north will be good though

1930's

Charlemagne.

We wuz France and Germany.

You wuz not