I have an .ISO of a video game that I used to play on win95, of course it doesn't work on my mdoern computer...

I have an .ISO of a video game that I used to play on win95, of course it doesn't work on my mdoern computer. However I've downloaded Orace Virtualbox, and a win 95 installer. How can I "mount" ISO-s in a virtual envirement?

Other urls found in this thread:

winworldpc.com/product/windows-95
youtube.com/watch?v=miZHa7ZC6Z0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>All those mistakes
First, finish the homework
Second , end your life

Don't liseƱten to the fag, OP. I learned a lot thinkering with things for playing videogames, and learned things I wouldn't have known otherwise.
Also lrn2google faggot

You must be gay cause you sound like a faggot

Try dosbox or Google you dipshit

FPBP

Go to your VM -> Settings -> Storage -> Add new optical drive -> choose your .iso

When you say you have a Windows 95 installer. what do you mean exactly?

FYI, you might not be limited to using 95 for that game. It could also work on 98 or XP. DOSbox is also an option.

Virtualbox isn't too hard to figure out. Just play with it and pretty soon you'll have it figured out.

Don't take any notice of the bitter autists on here. They'll never be happy until everyone is using Linux for everything.

i have a bunch of .IMA files that are supposed to be win98 installers, but I have yet to figure out how to install it

Why won't you just use wine?

How big are the files? Where did you get them?

You can download an ISO CD image here if you think that's a better option:

winworldpc.com/product/windows-95

You might have to install dos in the VM for win95. There is tons of info for getting win95 going on a VM. There are also YouTube tutorials out there too if reading on Google is too hard for you. If you have just the files and nothing as a mountable iso there are tons of software that will compress your files to iso. Google is your friend.

>They'll never be happy until everyone is using Linux for everything

That'll make 'em even less happy. When everyone uses Ganoo/Lanuxzzz, it won't be hip and trendy anymore.

2018 will surely be the year of Linux

it doesnt allow me to add new drive

You won't be able to add a new one while the virtual machine is running.

Also, if there's already an optical drive there, it should be sufficient

It is pretty complicated, but you can set up a self mounting windows 95 installation with integrated Voodoo acceleration. Google it

They're probably using Windows, and would find nested emulation needlessly confusing.

OP here, thanks for the help guys, I've made it work with a little tinkering!

What game ARE you playing, tho?

my first amazing world explorer, a nostalgiaful point and click game from DK

Did you get that comfy win95 startup sound?

youtube.com/watch?v=miZHa7ZC6Z0