ITT we rank motherboard brands

1 - MSI
2 - ASRock
3 - ASUS
4 - Prebuilt computer motherboards
5 - Biostar
6 - Gigabyte

>1 - MSI
do they still put killer nic's in damn near everything?

>6 - Gigabyte
Yeah, I don't think I'll be purchasing another Gigabyte board.

1=gigabyte
1=asus
1=msi
4-asrock
5-biostar
6-OEM
there's been hit and miss boards with the top 3, most of the avg out quite nicely

intel tax

if you're from yurop gigabyte has the best warranty services.

their lower end boards are pretty shit, esp the low am4/z170 boards.

>1=gigabyte
t. time traveller from the athlon era

1. IBM
2. Elbrus
3. ????
4. profit

I've had horrible experiences with gigabyte, several DOD and they arent that great all around
>4-asrock
ASRock is great, its just that they are premium and premium is expensive

What's wrong with gigabyte? I have an H110M-A mobo and it's great so far. It just werks w/ ubuntu

>best warranty services
Because you know they'll die easily?

I find it kinda amusing that ASRock was once ASUS' budget brand but when they got spun off they became way better than ASUS

>MSI ASROCK GIGABYTE
>BIOSTAR
>ASUS

asus dodges RMAs

It's a gamble buying them, huge silicon lottery with them, if you are a seasoned builder then you will know.

All of my builds (I think about 10 total) have been either ASUS or ASRock. Both brands have been fine, so I never had a need to try any other brand. I couldn't really rank ASUS versus ASRock because I have had zero MB problems with any build that I've ever done.

I have random issues with the bios, it can turn into a nightmare if I change anything, even just going in to boot from a usb. Also, only half of my usb 3 ports work. 990FXA-UD3 btw.

I've had Asus and msi cards/mobos die and had terrible experiences.

especially asus, had an asus x79 rampage extreme that shit the bed and they wouldn't warranty replace it because one of the stickers on the mobo was missing, even with an invoice and after the board had only been out for a few years they told me to fuck off it was out of warranty. even had the audacity to chage me to get by broken mobo sent back(they also stole the fucking box and all the accessories too)

Yes, i'm still mad as fuck.

on the contrary i sent a gigabyte 780 back that i bought on ebay because it had a faulty fan. sent me a brand new card without even asking for an invoice.

just my personal experience.

asrock is biostar tier trying to break into premium and failing

Gigabyte usually doesn't ask questions when you return their mobos, they know they aren't that great and that their hardware plays the silicon lottery, and it isn't worth the hastle fucking around with tens of thousands of people trying to return their shit

You're a strange one, aren't you?

AssRock

>i used gigashit for my only build

1. Supermicro
2. IBM
3. Tyan
4. Ampro
5. Asus
6. Gigabyte
7. MSI
8. Intel

Everything else is useless but I avoid everything below the top 3.

1 Asus
2 ASRock
3 MSI
4 GIGABYTE
idk about the rest

1 - Gigabyte

I always associated as rock with being cheap

Soyo

They made life more fun

I came to this thread to post Tyan. Apparently nobody else knows the excellence that is (used to be at least) Tyan motherboards.

That reminded me of the dfi lanparty boards. They always looked super fun with nice specs.

I fucking hate bloat features

1. DFI
2. Biostar
3. ECS
4. Sapphire

1.Gigabyte
2. Asus
3. MSI
That said, if your luck sucks then anything can broke.

I've owned 4 Gigabyte boards and they've all done amazing
Meanwhile my friend has owner an ASUS and a MSI that have failed on him
Is this chart wrong or did I get lucky and him unlucky?

I never had an issue with Gigabyte, but those damn ASUS boards would always fail after a few years.
I rank Intel boards #1 for reliability
Also, with 1500 Dell Precisions, 0 failures. Had failures (capacitors) on GX270's and even out of warranty Dell replaced them for me. Only issues ever around 2000 systems spanning over a decade.

What's the best for Ryzen? I'd love to get a server mobo but it seems they don't exist yet. I don't want cheap gaymer shit, just something with decent hardware and no frills as long as it can give me a decent OC.

asrock taichi x370 seems to be the most recommended . not that expensive and it has an extremely overbuilt power delivery system.

he could have had a shit power supply , shit cooling, or bad at overclocking safely .

or maybe he was unlucky

Bring this back

Bring back this

1 - Gigabyte
2 - MSI
3 - ASUS
4 - ASRock
5 - Biostar
6 - OEM bullshit

1 - Gigabyte
2 - ASRock
3 - SuperMicro
4 - ANUS
5 - MSI
6 - Biostar
7 - OEM shit

1 - apple
2 - msi
5 - gigabyte
6 - other trash

Muh niggaz

What company makes the best budget boards? I don't need a 1337_GAMING_RGB_420_4K_2000 to run my webdev programs.

gigabyte

so, apparently safest board is asus, as it is always somewhere in top 5.

>ANUS
>Top 5
>only 5 mainstream mobo manufacturers

ANUS has the worst RMA customer service. This is why I don't buy anything from them ever.

I'm on gigabyte, 8 years and counting. Athlon masterrace. Did they become shit? I'm upgrading to ryzen 1600 next month.

1. IBM
2. Supermicro
3. Fujitsu Siemens
4. shit
5. shit
6. shit
7. shit
8. shit
9. shit

If someone likes Biostar you should put yourself to trash.