$17.39 $17.39 $17.39 $17.39 $17.39 $17.39 $17.39

Wanna play DVDs on Windows 10 S or without installing other desktop applications? Pay only $17.39! What a bargain!

>said nobody ever
...what the fuck Microsoft?
>packs bags and leaves the botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/vlc/9nblggh4vvnh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whaz

up

r*ddit

Can't you install Linux on those Windows 10 S machines?

>DVD Player app costs more than a DVD drive

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

kek

>2016
>playing dvds
My laptop doesn't even have a dvd drive.

The three people with blu-ray drives already bought their copies of PowerDVD or whatever.

>2017
FTFM

Microsoft, get your head out of your ass

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/vlc/9nblggh4vvnh

You're welcome, now stop being a loonix tard

Meanwhile, watching DVDs on Linux is still illegal. Literally.

Sure, it's a part of the DMCA that's not enforced but do you really want to pin your hopes on the government not jailing you?

>microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/vlc/9nblggh4vvnh
> Beware! This VLC does not feature all the features of the classic VLC! It does not support DVD or Blurays! Use the desktop version instead!
And that's because of Same law applies here.

What

>Wanna play DVDs

Who the fuck has used dvds in the past decade?

>having opted for optical drives in 2017

No one for the past 5 years.

Why? What is the legal basis?

Linux has been working on ARM for quite awhile now, so I'd say it's a safe bet.

DVDs are encrypted. The encryption is trivial to bypass because we've had DVD players for decades now but bypassing the encryption is still illegal, which is why you generally speaking won't find much software that does it directly.

Damn, the Jews really know how to ruin a good time.

I have a DVD player hooked to my PC, fuck those jews ;_;

Saved

>not having your own media server in 2017

Seriously, go google it. Sup Forums has been over this hundreds of times in the overly repetitive "these numbers are illegal" threads before they devolve into CP defense threads.

I highly recommend that you look this up for yourself so you get a full view of the issue. Moral of the story though, don't laugh at windows for charging for something Linux can't legally do because reasons.

Thanks for reminding me that deep inside I don't want to deal with MSFT. I'll stick to my GNU/Linux and use the computer the way I like. I also don't want an OS that doesn't have the possibility to install programs using packages other than from some official store. This doesn't sound reasonable to me, even though probably has some advantages.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Enjoy your jail time faggots! HAHAHAHA

What the fuck is Microsoft even doing man? I can't wait for Apple to swoop in and get all the m$ refugees. Yeah sure a lot of Mac software costs money, but at least macOS includes a DVD player app by default.

Just saw that it is not illegal in germany, different copyright law.

>at least macOS includes a DVD player app by default.
Does it? That'd be odd since the last mac to include a superdrive is three hundred years old.

what a lovely lady

Probably true but nobody cares about Germany because, and I'm quoting an influential person here, "Germany is a toilet".

>licence to use DVD player?

winblows is literally cucking their own customers

Just use a decent Windows that allows you to install programs outside the store

Who the fuck made it illegal to use VLC to play DVDs?

>a decent
>Windows

Drumpf

Windows isn't decent.

It's the cost you pay for supporting ancient hardware

Actually no, it's the people who made the DMCA.

haha, I cling to old tech for ages due to reasons, and even I don't need an internal optical drive either anymore. I only have one inside my desktop because I actually don't have space on my shelf to store it...

The reason I don't need an *internal* drive is because I got an oldschool external, though.

So basically if I buy a device with Windows 10 S then I can'd download any applications outside Windows Store, but the Home and Pro versions of Windows allow that? I think that the reasonable thing to do in this situation is just to buy a device that has a regular Windows 10. Do all surface devices come with Windows 10 S now?

Windows 10 pro upgrade is free on those devices

You are not the target market for S devices...

Really? Then there's no problem I think. Just upgrade to Pro and install VLC. Why would someone want to stay on S and not upgrade?
Don't tell me that for "security".

People this is what happens when you forget to upgrade your bot.

are gaymer prepared to get raped when microshit forces them to upgrade to windows 10S to play games

>Wanna play DVDs on Windows 10
>>said nobody ever

Fixed that for you, user

That's a kike nose if I ever saw one.

>Fixed that for you, user
Thanks heaps, Steve.
How's retirement?

user I don't have a DVD drive or DVDs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Watching DVD's without paying for the software is illegal.

There have been licensed DVD hardware and software that support Linux for over a decade. They cost on average as much as OP's pic.

Reminder that Windows is not free and Linux is, and that some """'"privileges""""" were never free to begin with.

Ah, yes, the "Microsoft will force everyone to upgrade to Windows 360/S/whatever, just you wait" poster

you can upgrade to win10 pro for free this year,so don't worry this year.

If you bough Windows, you have paid for a license to play DVDs before. Sure, you didn't pay 17 bucks, but still.

le i am so le glad to see all those le fellow memesters xD

It's free for the moment
Next year it's like a $100 upgrade to home

>bypassing the encryption is still illegal
in some third world countries, maybe

Can confirm that bypassing encryption is illegal in Switzerland. The trigger condition for whether it is a criminal offense/illegal is whether it's a DRM scheme.

>buying jewish propaganda
>paying 17.39 to be able to play the jewish propaganda you already paid for once

>I know a girl who still actively buys dvds regularly
>Has 2 bookshelves for her dvd "collection"
>All that wasted space and not digital copies
>Not even blu ray

Well it looks like you're retarded.

You'd have to find a way to unlock the bootloader first

A PC that has a locked bootloader is worth less than garbage. They would have to pay me to use it.

>I also don't want an OS that doesn't have the possibility to install programs using packages other than from some official store.
the fuck are you on about, you can install arbitrary programs on Windows just like you always could

it's funny, the only device that ships with w10S has a x86 processor, and you're talking about ARM?

> Windows S
What were they even thinking.

1738!! (+1)

lkekekekekekkekekekekeke
top fucking kek MS

>free
no
>80$
yes

Physical stores still with DVD shelves of recent movies.
I dont understand why 2017 movies still with DVD releases.

Because blu-rays disks are expensive.
Blu-rays in amazon cost USD $23 meanwhile the same movie in DVD cost USD $10 (or less)

This kills the winfag.

A lot of people don't have blu-ray players and either won't buy them or can't afford to (think old people and the 1/3 of Americans on welfare). Many of the people who do have them use streaming services instead (think XBO and PS4), so the DVD market ends up being larger than the blu-ray market (DVDs sell 5-10x as many copies as bluray).

That 5-10x more sales stat is in the developed world too btw (USA, U.K., etc), I imagine it'd be even more slanted in favor of DVD everywhere else.

Surprinsingly, it does

>Mfw there is some kind of kike magic going on with Mac that won't let you screenshot DVDs. Tried it with the DVD player and vlc, they both black out the window playing the video.

Hello frog

Not surprising. With the right software it can happen on Windows too. It's an anti-piracy solution.

are desktops having bootloaders nowadays?

I surrender, pls no bully

>muh free operating system makes me pay for shit that I can easily replace for free

How is this a problem?

most Boomers still don't have a bluray player im not even kidding

Did you turn off hardware accelerated rendering n VLC?

By default it'll just paint a black rectangle and let the GPU handle video decoding.

??

The Netflix app doesn't let you screenshot.

The S stands for shit