OK serious question for the Italianfags out there or anyone who has ever been to Italy before:

OK serious question for the Italianfags out there or anyone who has ever been to Italy before:

Pasta Fagioli. Thin, brothy soup with carrots and celery? Or THICK like a stew with pasta, garlic, tomato puree, and cannellini beans?

I've always been taught that it should be more like the latter, and that's how I've always made it. A little grated cheese on top...

Anyway, I'd love to see a picture of what REAL, "AUTHENTIC," ITALIAN pasta fagioli looks like. Or if someone can describe it for me please.

Pic related. It's what my pasta fagioli kind of looks like, a little thicker perhaps...

>Fagioli
hahaha

Come on this thread is cereal

this is a dish that was imported by poorfags fleeing poverty that went to a place were they were poor for at leat one generation, then when they got rich they didn't know any dish other than the poorfag stuff they used to eat so they kept making that.

this is why Italian-American cuisine is so fatty and poverty tier in general.

tldr: pasta ai fagioli is a peasant dish that nobody eats in modern day Italy.

t. Umberto Fagioli

Can't argue with the most powerful race in the world.

It depends on your region, some make it thick, others thin.

>tldr: pasta ai fagioli is a peasant dish that nobody eats in modern day Italy.

An Italian once showed a recent picture of your military eating it in their rations.

it's a staple food in my country though, especially in the part bordering Italy

>tfw we're terroni slavoni

yeah but we don't obsess over the thickness of it like it's some high cuisine thing.

that looks like minestrone, the quintessential school canteen dish.

>pasta ai fagioli is a peasant dish that nobody eats
pasta E fagioli is still a common dish in the civilized parts of Italy

btw OP pics looks like vomit

You can do both as far as I know

>civilized

Veneto please leave

Kek, I like to eat fagioli

Nigga what, I am from veneto (yeah we wuz poor) but nowadays it's still common. I ate it a lot when i was a child because my mom often made it.
It's culture, son.

Shieeeeet
Fuck shitaly then, tuscan bastard

>muh FAGIOLI son

loling @ the entire region of Venepleb

So show me a picture of what your mother's looks like then

Minestra je nas

I don't have one, bae.

But it was thick, dense broth with pasta similar to the one for the minestra, and beans. The whole colour was brownish, not like op pic.

Anyway it's not a precise recipe, the other user was right, it is a poor, paesant food, everyone does what he wants.
Perfect it, since you're master race American, who already perfected pizza, no?

No.*naša
Apply yourself.

Wtf I hate shitaly now
Independence when

We're terroni schiavi, stop stealing our title

DELET THIS

Fažol is GOAT

DELET

literally never