>now everybody wants me to install Linux on company computers
>i work in fucking accounting

what the fuck do i do Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647981.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how hard is it to install linux?

as much as its hard for these cheapskates to pay me for it

Well if you'll get paid to do so and it's within your power do it so long as you can recover data and get things running smoothly

Alternatively find some way to get rid of this ransomware

well, that's exactly the problem

you see, faggots don't want to pay me for it. they say it's already covered with my contract since there this little part saying "other jobs" even though it's my job to pay the company bills and run the books

also, i would be required to take the responsibility for the network while the IT department gets to play video games and pick up their pay check. yes, i work in a company that is run by nepotism

i'm fucking livid. i'm so close to quitting right now

> >now everybody wants me to install Linux on company computers
You meant to say there are no people responsible for IT, you don't have any specific Windows-only services and such?

just install linux
if you signed a retarded contract that's your deal
just do something easy baby tier like linux mint on all of them or something

furthermore you can just laze around while it installs and at least exploit the opportunity

just do it one by own and wait for each one while doing whatever the hell you want because everyone at your company sounds retarded and doesn't know you could do multiple at once

i saw 3 of these threads today
why don't you see them on other boards? seems like somebody's shilling linux hard

do they realize that wont help them get their files back?
just tell them to pay the ransom if they dont have backups

Sounds like you should.
I would, and I'd let them know exactly why.

Really makes your neurons fire

see everything goes through web apps, and a couple of programs that do require windows would probably work in wine or qemu and KVM, i know because my accounting software works with no issues in wine but that's not the issue here

the issue is my being pressured into something that's not my fucking job

i was told that i should stay extra hours

what the fuck

How do these exploits spread and how come it's mainly whole companies that are affected rather than individual users?

Yeah, just tell them to get rekt.

>yes, i work in a company that is run by nepotism
sounds like ukraine shithole to me
quit, or tell them to fire the IT department to save money
or get in with the IT department and tell them their paycheck is on the line because hey you are the one in charge of the books

brb boss talk

this is gonna get nasty

an amazing number of companies pirate windows
and get away with it

Ask for a raise.

tell them if they are retarded enough to get hit by ransomware, they won't be able to use linux

honestly try to put some pressure on IT as much as you can

keep us posted user

Tell them to make their IT department do it and stop treating you like the wagecuck you obviously are.

that doesn't make sense even pirated windows get updates

They pirate windows and either don't bother updating or update but leave network settings as default instead of tightening down on it like a cunt around a black dick.

>LIEE
Just say you don't know how to install Linux, and that was an IT guy that you don't remember that installed for you. You are an accountant you are not expected to know how to install Linux.

>what the fuck do i do Sup Forums?
easy
>no problem m8s, just cover the linux license fees
>it's $500 per computer

get them to abolish the bring your own policy
that's probably how they fucking got it

you know if you did do this they will bitch and moan about linux being too different and make you reinstall windows. not being linux hater just realistic

Looks like I have to dump some DLLs for export addresses and hook them to prevent deleting files and shit, and add some administration privlages for fopen/_s and CreateFile, while I'm figure out how is that ransomware works. This will be fun.

This, but use a realistic amount.

thats why we hired you technowiz

There is ransomware for Linux, too. This wouldn't accomplish anything.
>mfw everyone in this thread is retarded af

Nice stop, are you publishing under fantasy specifically or just fiction?

You forgot to mention how it is pretty much impossible to get infected without running shit like browser or the whole DE as root.
Retards can't use command line.

all right, i have half an hour to clean my desk and vacate the building so it'll try to keep it short for people who are interested

i didn't quit, i got fired.

boss and his cronies were adamant that i have to do it and do it for free i shall, because "other work" and shit

i was adamant that i will do jack shit for free and even take the responsibility for the network when there are 4 other guys who's job is just that

some highlights:

1. But you have to do it, because they (the actual IT staff) don't know how, they only know Windows.

2. You have to do it, from the goodness of your heart.

3. Why do you keep insisting on getting paid for that, are we not paying you well enough?

4. Why do you keep insisting on getting paid for that, haven't we treated you well?

5. You have to do it, or we will simply replace you.

6. There are others who can do both things (my job and IT job) as well.

7. You can install that Linux thing and then you can train our IT staff to maintain it, there problem solved.

8. What do you mean you want to charge training as well?

9. You know we don't pay for extra hours here.

10. You're fired.

As far as nepotism goes, this place is the worst. IT department is being run by some owner's cousin who employed his gamer friends. Funny thing is, it appears that's it's their fault the computers got locked with ransomware because none of their computers run now.

I was really unhappy about this job from the start, I just didn't expect it to end after 5 years over a fucking computer.

sounds like it's better to get fired than put up with those asshats

Wew, sorry about that shitty outcome. I wish you best of luck for your next job.

>5 years
Once again OP has proven to be a faggot.
You better find a job that won't get fucked up by your stupid former employers, because if you use them for reference they will talk shit about you.

well damn, hope you find a decent new job.

Just give yourself a raise. You work in accounting.

Good shit OP

>IT department is being run by some owner's cousin who employed his gamer friends
that's hilarious

Good luck!

You're lying or a retard.

What fucking shithole you live where you can get fired like that?
After 5 years working for the same employee I would expect you to have a decent contract making it really hard for you to get fired like they did.
Also leaving the building in 30 minutes? Is that a joke?
I hope you are trolling OP.

Never quit. Just don't do it and get fired. You're going to want unemployment.

Source on image? Penis enjoys.

>reddit spacing
hmmm

Do you want to keep your job or do you want to become the IT guy who also does accounting?

Say no. Tell them you had it done and don't really know how to set it up. If you already opened your big yapper then tell them to hire someone because you can't guarantee them their data will be safe from hackers and viruses(buzzwords normies understand to mean risks).

ITT phone posters that can't keep up with the thread and only read the OP

Assuming (you) aren't LARPing/attention trolling, lawyer up.

You got hired to work specific functions in accordance with your training, education & experience. They fired you after issuing illegal orders for you to take on responsibilities ... without pay or any compensation .... that are way outside your field of expertise.

Especially the part about their incompetent IT department. Those guys fucked up hard, yet they are still employed?

The company couldn't just hire some temp techs to do the installations in a couple of days?

I personally think you're a lying attention whore. But, on the off-chance that you're not, sue the living fuck out of them. Of course they can argue you're an employee and "have to" behave like a slave and do whatever you're ordered. In reality, they could order you to work in the nude or eat a plate of shit straight from your bosses asshole. If they fired you for refusing to do those things, you'd have the same rights as you do under current circumstances.

Well if it's contract then you have no choice. Commandeer the IT department for the day, and manage them to install linux. Space work over the day(s) to make it comfy for you, and do your fucking job while realizing that this is actually good for you. Now you're the bean counter who can manage it, and install loonix. This will probably save you from a layoff. Not realizing that the change of pace "work" could benefit you fucking shameful friend.

God damn

You better get your self a god damn lawyer and look into possible lawsuit, file for fucking unemployment and clean up the fucking floor with their asses.

Install Linux, you just got a chance to make everyone your bitch(aka to be a sysadmin)

>the issue is my being pressured into something that's not my fucking job
Contract says that it is your job. Stop whining, and save the company user.

Don't do it. It's none of your business, no matter what they say. If they force you just say there's too much work and you can't do that alone (which is quite true).

You have an IT department, that's their job, if there's too much pressure and they just want that from you quit, this kind of company will give you bigger problems sooner or later.
You can even accuse them for mobbing, I don't know if that's a thing in your state.

I just come back from a big project (a big concert worth more than a million €, I don't know for sure) and when things are done right everybody just do their job, nothing more or less. If from a higher level someone asks too much you just say "we can't do that" and it's up to them to find another route

wrong, if it's a properly set up the companys networking runs on an AD/linux equivalent server where the spread of the viruses is much more effective, and they spread because many companies that are somewhat relevant have a testphases for patches aka they aren't patched when your home computer is

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647981.aspx

>Install linux
> Or be fired
Op chose to be fired. Well could've seen that coming from the first post.

I don't understand why they didn't just format the fucking computers and reinstall Windows?

Sure, you can get it again if you are absolute shit but it would get things up and running as fast as possible while avoiding teaching normies to use linux, no matter how easy it is.

As far as I've heard it's basically impossible to get data back once encrypted unless you pay up. Then again, OP said it's mostly browser shit so it shouldn't matter.

> You know we don't pay for extra hours here.
Heh.
> I would expect you to have a decent contract
Depends on the employer, they don't allow to cuck themselves this easy.

do it, faggot. you will become user, the savior of IT. you will never be fired, will be up for a promotion/raise and probably get a bonus at the end of the month.

>but a realistic amount
>clearly over 300 usd so they just leave OP alone
what do you mean by realistic

> will be up for a promotion/raise and probably get a bonus at the end of the month
> we don't pay for extra hours here
How?

honestly he did the right thing
>they want him to do it on a shit load of computers
>"""""""""IT"""""""""" wont help
>theyre not paying him extra for setting aside to clean shit up even though hes clearly an accountant
>theyre asking him to stay late
>OP implied hes not being payed well enough
hope they go under

>lawyer up
>at-will employment

>But you have to do it, because they (the actual IT staff) don't know how, they only know Windows.
>they only know windows
>they dont know how to click next
jesus.

oh and more power to you user

he becomes the reliable guy who saved the company. people tend to be grateful for that sort of crap, and mostly in the long term. If OP didn't want to help, he could have just said "I'm not good enough to do it", but instead choose to be a faggot and got fired. good riddance.

> people tend to be grateful for that sort of crap
> we don't pay for extra hours here
Again, you know that isn't the case.

Oh god, just get ready to install windows again after 2 or 3 weeks.

lmao is this in Sweden? Our system have been down over 24 hours and no fix is in sight.

>reflecting this much

Don't listen to these cucks who tell you that you should do it.
Either play stupid like the rest of the people in your company or offer to manage the systems for a significant raise.
Doing free work for another man is the ultimate idiocy.

>How?
OP is bean counter, and knows the financial situation from the company. IT department only knows windows, and installation of Linux would render them all useless. Layoff IT, OP gets a raise for added responsibilities, rehire Linux capable IT staff which consists of one less person, and that money saved funds op's pay raise. No one can argue with this, because it would actually save the company tens of thousands of dollars anually.

>white country
>get rekt
You should blame the immigrants.

You missed the nepotism part

paying extra hours =/= being grateful.
>OP does it
>six months for now an higher position in accounting opens up
>who shall we promote? random faggot or savior guy?
>tough choice

not everything is written in contracts.

If he was of shithole, propably the random faggot. Be a good worker is negative point out of Europe/Asia.

>honestly he did the right thing
Instead of easily securing his future, he decided to get fired.
Really makes you think.

>You missed the nepotism part
You missed the "gaining this much power, and becoming godlike bulletproof part by just doing something simple".

Yea ok, we live in the real world bud

Do it but ask for financial compensation

You know what happens in the real world?
As soon as you do something for free people will expect even more free work from you.
You installed linux on all the systems? Well guess who will have to fix them when something goes wrong? What? You want extra payment for that? Why? You did it for free the last time :)

OP is a LARPer. Sage this thread.

>Yea ok, we live in the real world bud
You apparently don't if you think making things harder for yourself is the correct answer. OP didn't want to do something he was contractually obligated to do. OP didn't take advantage of this opportunity, and got fired, because it's the real world.

OP probably isn't even American, so "lawyering up" won't work.

He was given an opportunity - do work for free or do no work

>He was given an opportunity - do work for free or do no work
This was the opportunity that op missed when op decided that he was better off being a whiny faggot.

>do this extra work for free and keep your job or find a new job

>for free
he has a salary, if i remember correctly.
when you have a job, you are paid to fucking work for 8/10hr a day.if your usual job is accounting, and for one fucking day you are asked to swap to IT, you fucking do it. you are not getting scammed. you are working during your work hours.
but i'm talking to people who'd rather get fired than do a slightly different job for one day.

Well now op is now doing no work. Problem solved?

Do you ask your plumber to fix your car? Doing 2 jobs worth of work = more pay than 1 job

Where do you live where a company is this retarded? Some kind of a 3rd world shithole?

This

doing a job at a time = pay equal to 1 job

Why are there no threads about this? WannaCry was all over the place but no one seems to care about this one.

if i did, he would charge me for fixing my car. not for plumbing and fixing my car

I wouldn't go for it. If they insist, sure, but you should say that with linux just having one guy install things isn't going to work, they need a support infrastructure and you can't be the entire IT department.

>i'm fucking livid. i'm so close to quitting right now

If they expect you to do what is not you job in extra hours FOR FREE, then quit and let them rot.

install linux preloaded with your own timebomb ransomware. Ask for raise. If no raise, leave, profit. from ransom