SYSTEMD IS A FUCKING BOTNET

SYSTEMD IS A FUCKING BOTNET

SYSTEMD-RESOLVED COULD BE MADE TO CRASH OR RUN PROGRAMS IF IT RECEIVED A SPECIALLY CRAFTED DNS RESPONSE.

AN OUT-OF-BOUNDS WRITE WAS DISCOVERED IN SYSTEMD-RESOLVED WHEN HANDLING
SPECIALLY CRAFTED DNS RESPONSES. A REMOTE ATTACKER COULD POTENTIALLY
EXPLOIT THIS TO CAUSE A DENIAL OF SERVICE (DAEMON CRASH) OR EXECUTE
ARBITRARY CODE.

ANYONE WITHIN A LAN OR FROM THE INTERNET TO AN INTERNET CONNECTED SYSTEM CAN SEND A DNS PACKET TO TAKE OVER A SYSTEM THAT IS RUNNING SYSTEMD.

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com/usn/usn-3341-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Patched bug
Why are you still angry?

>patches
>actually fixing bugs
maybe this is why hes angry

How do you disable resolved?

Yeah, who cares. It's just an RCE in the base system for months.

>kernel has a bug
>people apt-get upgrade, grumble a bit about having to reboot, and go on with their lives
>systemd has a bug
>THIS IS A FUCKING BOTNET COMPROMISED BY THE NSA ITS DESTROYING LINUX FUCK FUCK FUCK REEEEEEE

everyone takes remote exploits in the kernel seriously

As if there was no RCE in the history of Linux

there have been nuclear disasters in the past too

>people still surprised when poettering fucks up

What about the uptimes, user? WHAT ABOUT MY FUCKING UPTIMES REEEEEEEEEE

Install CloverOS dude.

It's perfc.dat.

Works on my machine.

>using systemd-resolved
lmao faggots that cant into resolv.conf

>not having kernelcare or ksplice for in-place kernel upgrades

>systemd is now the kernel

hey Poettering!

I want to install Arch Linux on my new laptop, are there any good Systemd alternatives?

There are alternatives, but I wouldn't describe any of them as "good". There's a reason that systemd exists at all, its because there's big benefits to having an active supervising init system that tracks services and processes instead of a system that just runs some shell scripts and trusts that things work.

we had process supervision for ages

>wants to install Arch
>doesn't want systemd
Did you ingest a lot of lead as a kid?

yeah but systemd grows too fast and tries to do too much

it was just a matter of time before something went wrong

Given a pid, can SysV tell me what service it belongs to? Given a service, can SysV tell me what processes belong to it? Can it do this even for daemons that don't cooperate and go out of their way to tell the init system what they're doing?

Why should sysv do that?
What do we have daemontools for?

daemontools is some good shit.

>>Why should sysv do that?
Because it's a useful troubleshooting and management tool? Because it makes things like conditional restarts work properly?
>What do we have daemontools for?
For grafting exactly this kind of useful functionality onto the back of SysV in a hacky and incomplete way?

>builds perfectly on top of the existing eco system
>easy to configure, maintain, replace
sure is hacky

System-d is litterally the lowest level software that actually runs on your computer. You are giving some unknown piece of code the keys to your 1000$ rig. System-d is shit, we should boycot this shit

What privileges does resolved have?

>Wants to use Arch
>Don't want to use systemd
Hey, if you want something like Slackware, well just install Slackware.

Fucking retard.

Kys frunkgface go eara dilodo sandwich faggit cuck gay cuntttt

install parabola

fuck off frogposter

Unironicly, install gentoo: can build up a custom linux without systemd.

Slackware, void, crux, antix and PClinuxOS are some others. And LFS if you know what you are doing and have the time.

>Lepra
that fappening was disappointing. she does have a nice pussy and asshole

>A SPECIALLY CRAFTED DNS RESPONSE

DNS IS A FUCKING BOTNET

Works flawlessly on my machine, AND i have legacy hardware.

Devuan is SysV

i think the bigger question is why do we even use DNS anymore when there are at least a handful of better and more secure ways to identify clients?

I use systemd for many programs I need to run 24/7 instead of using tmux. Fuck off

What about you go fuck yourslef in some shit tier bumhole like dharavi senpai?

I am running alpine os with openrc
Feels good man

how else to resolve ip addresses?

Imma running out og mmf .luck about shitopodting frim my phone will be bznned soon (i home fick you mods,) FUCK NIGGERS

booblet

What?!?

>ip addresses
>necessary

yet again like DNS, there is a plethora of better choices that are just as unique and far more secure.

Frick you

It's not unknown, but definitely more dangerous than init scripts and more obscure than the kernel. Its also mostly controlled by Red Shat.

What does that mean? I don't understand what you are trying to say.

why would you have a dns port open on a computer that is not a dns server?

I'm trying to say that I'm drunk af
Mein Shaft is kinda red too

How do I remove all the malicious crap from systemd?

good thing that my home server does not have systemd and all resolvable addresses are in the hosts file.

The problem is there is no good reason to have a potential attack surface the width that System-D has.
A system needs a kernel, there is no getting around that, so a lot of work goes in to vetting it. System-D on the other hand haven't exactly had the best track record.

remove systemd.

Why did I install it in the first place

This wouldn't have happened if systemd was written in Rust. Rust was literally made to avoid these kinds of bugs. Had Poettering used Rust, we wouldn't be here today. It is impossible for such a thing to occur in an application written in Rust. T̞̭̹̬͙h̜̝̗̯̥e͓re̯̝̙͉̬͓͕ ̱̼͉i̤͍̣̞s͚̹̖̩͓̘̱ ̳͇̻̫̥̙n̖̦o̞̤ ͉ͅv̹̭̺͕ḁ̮͈̗̞l͚͕ị̘̦̭͎d ̝̩͉a͇̜̞̘̭͔ͅr͚͇g̹̪̘̞̻̹u͚̤̰͎̭m͕̹e̺̺͚̫̝̞̻n̮̟̦̠͓t̮̞̬͇̣̻͚ ̹͙̦͙̘ͅa̯g̱̩̘̣a̩͓̳̟̯̯inͅs̹̮̬̟t͎̫͈̟͚ͅ ̝̰̗̯̪͉u̺̙̯͍̬͓͎s͔̜͍̼in̝̙̱̮̻g̰̞̼̪ Rṵ̠̟͔s̗̩̰t͚̠͇͓̖. P̘͍u̬̹̱̼͖t͇̠̤̦t̬̤͇̮̘͇̤i̘̣̣̪n̫̬̼̼͙̟̗͍g̤͉̳̮ͅ ͉͉͔̪̠s̠̟̖̩̰ͅa̳̺̱͕̠̙̙l̟̰͓̳̭͚̼t̪ ̝a͙̱̗̜̹n͇̱͚̣̞̙̤̤d̜̰̣ ̪̟͈̳͕̣̩̣w͉͇͔ḁ̮t͙̝e͙̜̖r̠̣͕̬͙ͅ ̹̣̼o̯̗̜̞̘̯̯͉n̰͔̳̺̟͓̙͎ ͓̘̭m̞̤̼̖̹̦̩e͖̬͓͓̞͖̱t͉̮̜͓͇̘a̘͕̙̦̳̭l̳̮͉͖̮̙ ̦̠̫c̘̖r͉̭̩̜̘e͖̮͙̖͔̞a̗̗͍͕̮t̻̹͔̱ͅe͈̪͇̱s̻̘̘ ͔R̙̳͍̦͇̖̻u͚͕̪̭̝̫s̹̦̖̬̰̘t̰,̦̩͇̳̻̫ͅ ̭͈͖̱̭͙͈̭s͇̻̭̹o͇̞̣̟̮ͅ ̭̭̣̯̻̣͍̯ͅw̺̹̥h͉̖̦͙͓͕y͍̬̯̝ ̞̯̗̖͖̟͉̠c̮͈̖̱̝̝̗̬o̘̼̟̬͓u̖̬̗l͖̬̮̣͇d̬͔̙̮̼n̼̘͙̤͉'͔̼̭ț̬̮̻̘̬͇ ͚̙h͈̱̫e̦̣͙̠̜͖̝ ͓͕̠h͔͈̬͇̩͙͈a̫͖v͈̰͎̞e̯̼̜͖̙ ͉̖j̹̫̭̙̣͉̬͉u̳̖͕s̙̹̺̜t̬ ͈̞d̟̫̤̪o̖̝͎̟̺̫͇̮ṉ͖e͍̭̙͕͙̠̤̠̫ ̰̠̖̱̜̤̺t̬̤̙̼̦̳̞̩h̬̻͎̙͙͓a̝͚̼͉͓̼̥̙̹t͖̝̮̖͙?

So, what are the benefits of systemd over alternatives?

openrc

because redhat wanted its own linux version of "it just werkz XD"

Arch-OpenRC literally the first google result
you're a fucking moron nigger

>reboot
k-patch.

You do realize this has already been patched, right?
ubuntu.com/usn/usn-3341-1/
> The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
Ubuntu 17.04:
systemd 232-21ubuntu5
Ubuntu 16.10:
systemd 231-9ubuntu5

>no answer...

Easier service management.

This could have been avoided if systemd was written in rust.

My Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with TouchBar 256GB - Space Grey doesn't have this problem

>tfw we could have had LaunchD on Linux instead of this SystemDick

bump

Devuan is OK?

systemd is already an incredibly scrutinized piece of software, with some absolutely fucking stupid design decisions so it having bugs BECAUSE of those fucking stupid design decisions it's completely acceptable that people are upset.

redhat was a fucking mistake

what's with the rust shills being out in full force, articles and papers are reaching critical mass on this fucking thing

just add it to the list.

systemshit destroyed loomix