VEGA 3DMARK Benchmarks - literally the 1080 graphic score

videocardz.com/70541/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-lands-in-the-hands-of-the-first-owner

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-performance-benchmarks-unboxing/

guru3d.com/news-story/amd-vega-frontier-edition-unboxed-and-benchmark.html

overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/buyers_start_posting_benchmark_results_for_amd_s_radeon_vega_frontier_edition/1

Old thread
Pls dont shill and be nice

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/70541/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-lands-in-the-hands-of-the-first-owner
disqus.com/by/klaudiuszkaczmarzyk/
pcgameshardware.de/Vega-Codename-265481/News/AMD-Radeon-Vega-Frontier-Edition-GPU-Takt-1231795/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm gonna wait for more people to get their cards before i'm jumping the ship. This define guy is kinda weird.

Wait for navi

I feel bad for Raja

D O A
O
A

>TFW JUST BOUGHT A 144HZ FREESYNC MONITOR AND WAS GONNA UPGRADE MY RX 480 TO VEGA

1070 level performance, should've bought a g-sync for double the price and upgraded to 1080 ti instead. Fuck man...

guess I'm sticking with the 1070 for a couple generations

I mean who's fault is this, Raja's? They always seem to be presenting new GPU technologies that never amount to anything. Realistically I doubt Raja is doing it all himself but he's the leader and seems well aware of everything his team is doing...

I really don't think he's anywhere near the level of someone like Jim Keller. They need to get a real GPU architect in there.

I'd pay $300-$400 for it.

buying vega for 1000$

not having bought a 1080ti 1 year ago for half the price

absolute stupidity

>1080Ti
>1 year ago
>half the price

I could get a 1080 SLI for the same price???

And have 170% the performance???

AMD needs to sell its GPU division to intel ASAP b4 it bankrupts them

That's it I'm gonna buy Intel/Nvidia instead fuck u AMD

>buying a pro-sumer card for gaming
People can't get more retarded then that

Pretty nice tbqh, 1600MHz getting the same performance as a 1924MHz Pascal 1080.

> brainlet complaining about the price
That's the Frontier edition, it's only comparable with the Titan XP, which is the same price.

The RX Vega will come soon, and it will be much cheaper.

It's 4096ALU card, user. These numbers are TOO low.

i mean are you so tech illiterate that you don't factor in that vega FE is not a gaming card and that it's being tested on old drivers? or that that the guy who released the bench has a shitty PSU?
i really hope you're just ironically shit posting.

>I can't get stable clocks while benchmarking, working on it
>goes quiet

OH COME THE FUCK ON DON'T LEAVE US HANGING

>or that that the guy who released the bench has a shitty PSU?
Are you trying to say vega pulls over 400 watts?

>it's only comparable with the Titan XP, which is the same price.

You fucking AMDiscountfags are hilarious.

When Ryzen launched, you wanted to compare 8 Core Ryzen with 8 core intel because "core to core" is fair. You cried when 8 core ryzen was compared to 7700K which is same price.

Now you want to compare with same price Nvidia card? baka

> TOO low
nah, for those clocks it's fine. It's just too difficult to compete with Pascal, Nvidia did a fucking great job.

AMD won't catch up the 1080ti, but maybe the RX pricing will be worth it.

To be frank it shouldn't matter how many ALUs it has for comparison's sake. You have no idea what the architecture is for each of those units. Or what the communication substrate looks like. Saying that it has X more units than card Y, which is of a completely different architecture from a competitor, and therefore should perform Z better is a useless statement not grounded in anything. As a consumer all that should matter to you is performance per watt and performance per dollar.

And I think its fair to say NVIDIA has AMD beat atleast in this prosumer market.

>it's too difficult to compete with ANOTHER g80
No, user, no. These numbers are too low for 4096ALU card.

When 6 core came out and was compared to 7700k everyone said, yup about right.

Why would you compare vega to quarto if quarto is 400% more expensive?

Tested 3dmark only on a 550W PSU. AMD are idiots for not giving some to review websites.

>8 core ryzen was compared to 7700K which is same price
kek, any 8-core Ryzen beats the shit out the 7700K at multi-core performance.

The 7700K today is literally a gaming CPU, Ryzen does everything else better.

>pajeets shaking so much they can't quote other people correctly

Wow.
I feel bad for AMD&its fans.
This is probably the most disastrous, humiliating launch of the last 10 years, if not ever.

Need nuclear reactor to use it.

laughing whore.jpg

>it has 4k ALUs, numbers are too low
>software doesn't.use all 4k ALUs

Amazing how that works

Fury X at ~1100mhz has about the same numbers.

So, you found the bottleneck, now go figure out why.

Isn't that due to shitty drivers? That's a Quadro equivalent.

Also, I wonder if it goes higher than 1600MHz on water-cooling. At 1900MHz it would probably beat the 1080ti

the dude is literally using drivers from january 2017

17.1.1 = 2017-01-01 = 2017 january 1st

7month old driver for a card that was released yesterday

Is there a PSU capable of surviving the combo of the Vega and a 10 Core i9 setup? Or will it melt down anything?

They *supposedly* removed these bottlenecks in Vega.

Look here friend:
:(

No he's not, it's just showing the wrong "human" id.

Bottleneck is not only hardware side, it can be software side. You probably should go figure it out

I'll just quote that guy.
>Based on current result for frontier edition I think gaming version will be way more robust. Again remember that drivers are day old, VEGA frontier is for PRO market and my test rig is not the best in the world and for sure when VEGA will be tested later on we will see better results.
>drivers are day old

1500w Platinum rated should be fine

Thank you, Leather Jacket Man.

Fuck.

Fury meh
Polaris give up high-end
Vega piece of shit

What raja doing

Vega FE Drivers =/= RX Vega drivers

Ever consider that... oh, I dunno...
THEY'RE NOT FUCKING GAMING DRIVERS!?!?

I'm sure they'll be losing sleep from you not buying their product, meanwhile miners are stripping every single shelf they can find their cards on.

I'm with you though, fuck AMD at this point, they've played us all like a mother fucking fiddle.

It uses hybrid drivers. Yes, Vega is THAT bad.

>driver optimizations will suddenly turn 1080 performance in to above titan xp performance

the level of delusion

But they are user, as confirmed in the comments.
FE and RX share the same gayming drivers

It's ok!
4 stages of grief and all that

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING DELET THIS OR I SPANK THE LOLI

FUCKING NVIDIA NORMIES GET OUT OF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is Vegas market, visualization, this include real time visualization

Didnt they say these arent for gaming and are for video rendering and other stuff instead?

>The driver from January would not even recognize Frontier. He used the latest driver from AMD website. I checked. And it's called 17.6 or 17.20* not 17.1.1

Vega is DOA

Uh, yeah. Why the fuck do you think workstation cards sell for $1000's more, even though they're often the EXACT same card as their consumer equivalents? Drivers.

How the fuck do you think Nvidia outperformed AMD for awhile, even when AMD had vastly superior hardware on paper? Drivers.

How do you think finewineâ„¢ works? You guessed it.

This explains the Prey demo disaster and all the secrecy.

Biggest fuckup in tech history

>Biggest fuckup in tech history
That's not Thermi.

can't wait for you to get blown the fuck out

yup, hope they fire that pajeet or demoted him

source?

This is worse, themi still best gpu on launch

It's an industrial GPU, it's not advertised as a gaming GPU.

They did, but the NIDF is out in numbers today and conveniently ignoring that fact.

>poor volta they say
>the titan killer they say

JUST

>Vega is this close to 1080 pre-gaymen drivers
>not to mention finewine a few months down the road

Nvididiots that aren't complete luddites are probably deebly goncerned right about now lol

Maybe AMD should be comparing them to Quadros instead of Titans then

>550 watt PSU
>Workstation drivers
>Old-ass Firestrike 1.1 benchmark

Anyone who takes these results seriously is a retard.

Worked pretty great for the 7970.

>pre-gaymen drivers

You are so cute

He selected the gaymen drivers

You can see every comment by our brilliant (read: fucking retarded) benchmarking super hero right here. Notice how he has no clue what he's doing and admits the 550 watt PSU isn't enough! disqus.com/by/klaudiuszkaczmarzyk/

He selected drivers more optimized for opengl instead of opencl

user it's ok.
Just breath.
In and out, in and out.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE COMPLETE RETARDS AND THE UNPREPARED GET THE LEAKS. ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS GUY ONLY HAS A 550 WATT PS AND NOTHING BETTER LYING AROUND. WHY IS HE USING DRIVERS FROM FUCKING JANUARY? FUCK.

Platinum PSU and the drivers are reported by gpuz wrong.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Just woke up

Repeat after me:
1070 level performance

But look, both drivers

>ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS GUY ONLY HAS A 550 WATT PS AND NOTHING BETTER LYING AROUND
A 2000 W nuclear reactor won't make your vega any faster.

>le finewine meme

The RX Vega will really have the 1070 performance if they keep the TDP below 250w. Kek

pcgameshardware.de/Vega-Codename-265481/News/AMD-Radeon-Vega-Frontier-Edition-GPU-Takt-1231795/

1382mhz is the typical frequency of the blower cooler, that's a pretty big loss from 1600MHz

This is directx not opengl

smuganimegirl.dll

Sadly both the Ryzen launch and Vega have confirmed what we were fearing all along..
A small company like Amd can only delay the inevitable.
You cannot compete without 100s of BN of R&D in this day and age, it's not the 80s anymore.

Sad.

We're looking at an effective monopoly both on the x86 and gpu market for the next ~20-30 years.

I wonder how antitrust authorities are gonna react?

Tell that to my 290 senpai

The nvidia blower which is better can't even keep their 250W card running at boost all the time, it's no different for Vega.

Blowers are shit

Ryzen showed that you can compete and pretty much make your competition laughing stock

Keep dreaming.

amd CPU is doing well though

>buy a rx 470
>test with the first driver
>test with the latest driver
>same performance
>"butt muuhhh finewine"

Give me a break!

Remember FineWine and that this is not the gamer card that will release late July.

Tl;dr Keep calm and continue to wait for vega.

Btw: FC is w/o PLs

>AYYMDPOORFAGS
>$1000 GPU card

Did it though?
The market has spoken.
The i5 7500 is still outselling all r5 lineup combined.
>i5 7500
>i5 7500
>i5 7500

Meanwhile here in the real world, if you buy intel you have to pay twice as much for 10% better performance and 30C higher temperatures.

>Ryzen
Go way, Ryzen is actually good

>buying a rebrand

the sad thing is I actually wanted to build a complete AMD pc and only post this stuff in hopes it make the pajeets work harder at improving it before launch. But if its going to be a watt hog I will go with 1070 or 60

*that performs better than cards at over 2x it's price, and very competitively with other workstation cards of 4x it's price when used for it's [DESIGNATED] purpose.