How does it feel knowing that there will never be a year of the linux desktop...

How does it feel knowing that there will never be a year of the linux desktop, even if WannaCry and derivatives SOMEHOW managed to incapacitate every single windows machine on earth including the ones on the space station?

People will NEVER learn their lesson and they just want their windows.

Thank fucking God.
The second normalfags touch something it's ruined.

Remember what happened with windows after 2000? Windows XP. Why? Because Microsoft realized the lowest common denominator of society aka niggers, children and soccer moms are a good source of revenue and started catering to them.
Don't let that happen to GNU/Linux.

>Expecting a working single mother to learn how to code c++ just to watch youtube

Linux will never be mainstream.

who cares

For some reason I want linux to remain a niche OS and the linux community a secret club. The moment norrnies start using linux, people who want to make money will jump the bandwagon and create paid software. Why would normies bother using terminal bullshit when they can pay $9.99 bucks with thier credit card?

The day linux becomes good and cuts the bullshit is when the year of the linux desktop will happen.

Nobody wants to fuck with the terminal or audo apt or any of that bullshit. It's 2017, not the 1990s.

At least normalfags can't fuck it up.

t. has never used linux

>Nobody wants to fuck with the terminal or audo apt or any of that bullshit. It's 2017, not the 1990s.
Mac Os uses the terminal, it seems pretty popular,too. You can feasibly use Linux without touching the terminal, but you'd be missing out on a lot of power and fun. Memes and fear are the only things preventing Joe Normie from using Linux. That's fine, use what you want.

you can't ruin what's already ruined, linux won't take off because it's shit, and it's coming from somebody who wishes linux to become a competition to windows, but it never fucking will.

There's programs like Wine that runs windows applications on Linux.

tragically the most usable de is gnome

What did he mean by this?

I think you mean XFCE

lol why would I use an inferior system. hehe also OP that cartoon picture is pretty gay

Is this even a problem?
The software I write is very easy to setup on gnu/linux, but very hard to setup on windows.
I don't mind making it easy for them if it doesn't take any effort from my part, but I don't see why I would about cross platform support.
It is not a problem because I build the entire solution, and everybody accepts that it just is easier to install something on gnu/linux.
It is already as mainstream as I wanted it to be when I started.

You have to realize what is great about it before you extend it to everyone.
What is great about gnu/linux is the license.
And a lot of people don't care about this.
So a way to make it "mainstream" is to make it easier for proprietary software to run on it and this makes the system worse.

A good example is android.
Android is a bad OS, there is a ton of proprietary software to make it "popular", a ton of malware because the platform is popular and malware isn't illegal anymore and a fractured system because the ROM structure is terrible.
The google bait and switch was also part of the destruction of the platform, but this terror organization was never expected to do anything other than destroy whatever it touches.
In spite of this, android is very popular.

>nine dollars and ninety nine cents bucks

Exactly, year of the Linux desktop would mean hordes of normies jumping on board and demanding their proprietary bullshit software, removal of confusing options (see gnome) and would have zero interest in free software.
Linux has gotten to the point where it works great for me and it is slowly becoming good enough for the people around me that get their win machines infected and ask for help.
Let the year of the Linux desktop come when retards fully move to their smartphones and desktops are used mostly by competent people.

i have multiple backups of important data. if i get ransomeware'd for some reason all i need to do is wipe the drive and wait for windows 10 to install in 10 minutes.

>proprietary bullshit software
Of course a neet linux cuck would be angry at people using their computers for anything other than ricing.

normies dont use the terminal in osx