Watching AMDrones in full damage control after the botched Vega launch

>watching AMDrones in full damage control after the botched Vega launch

Not even Fermi was at this level of clusterfuck

Other urls found in this thread:

zip.2chan.net/3/futaba.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I morn the loss of competition but their delusions make it fun.

SORRY TO SEE YOU GO AMD.
PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

F

Intel/Nvidia ftw

who gives a fuck

its not even like PC gaming is good anymore anyway. there is literally no reason to buy anything above a 1080 right now

name ONE GAME that is graphically demanding at high settings and actually GOOD on the horizon

If you say far cry 5, kys

*Press Alt+F4*

And the tears flow deliciously

>its not even like PC gaming is good anymore anyway. there is literally no reason to buy anything above a 1080 right now

Youre assuming everyone plays on that one single 1080p monitor your mom bought you.

Try telling that to someone with 6 1440p's or anyone with the same amount of 4k monitors.

>Watching retarded NCucks desperately try to claim AMD is doomed based on one idiot's half-assed benchmarks of a non-gaming workstation GPU with day -30 drivers.

How much are you getting paid you cooperate shill?

>vega isn't a late to the party expensive housefire failure
>j-just you wait!

"Workstation gpu"
Oh wait we didnt mean THIS was our titan killer. This thing? Nah thats for workstations. Yeah that sounds good...

Just (keep waiting)tm* for the gaymer edition that might actually be 1080 specs lmfaooo

Whats that American saying about..
"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice?
How does the rest go?

Pic related

It's already reaching 1080 levels while throttling in that idiot's tiny mATX case with an unsuitable PSU and day one drivers. On the non-gaming GPU. Fuck off, you're just a retard shill.
>one dumb fanboy made a meme therefore AMD is shit
Ok.

far cry 4

>tfw got tired of waiting and bought nvidia
do better please AMD please deliver

>there is literally no reason to buy anything above a 1080 right now
kek everytime I see a 1080p bigger than 13" I fucking cry

What's botched? The 375w tpd? Blows and gonna be a house fire again but that expected from AMD tbqh.

375 watts is on the watercooled version.

A lot of games if you have a 4k monitor or a 1440p 144hz monitor.

>6 1440p's
Nobody cares about your flight simulator fetish.

Is aircooled better?

Anyways, even though I'm a jew I'm gonna go nvidia this time around so I don't have to struggle through the summer. Rocking a 280x and 75C in the summer just isn't fun anymore.

aircooled is 300 watts. Not sure what RX Vega is going to require.

>who gives a fuck
Yeah when AMD shits the bed again, nobody should give a fuck. Especially after their cringy "poor volta" ad, watching them fall flat on their faces is priceless.
Oh I forgot that this is the desi/g/nated board and we must laugh only at nvidia and intel.

>card not launched yet
>""""benchmark"""" of INDUSTRIAL version of Vega
>RX Vega for gaming still no info about
>hurr ayymd is finished durr
Wow.. it's nothing, again. This is not how you get your shill payment check, Rasheesh.

When are their new GPUs for gamers coming out?

I remember late last year you assholes telling me that Vega was coming out in december and to wait. Then it's Q1. Then it's Q2. Then we get this half gaming half professional with no certified drivers piece of shit.

>watching them fall flat on their faces is priceless.
This is nothing but retarded shitposting based on ONE guy's flawed benchmarks. Fuck off.

Late July.

I'll just laugh at you when you start calling all hardware sites shills in the next few day.

If actual reviewers get their hands on Vega and it sucks (at workstation tasks for the price it's offered for) I'll concede it's not worth picking up for it's intended audience (professional game devs/creatives)

Even if reviewers determine it's not that great at gaming, I won't care because RX Vega is supposed to be the low priced gaming GPU.

How did you know?

Everything is coming user...

(Just Wait)*tm*

Get the fuck outta here weeabo fag. This is a technology board not your pedo cartoon girl cartel.

anime site, faggot.

Image board with containment board for your degenerate garbage. Go back to it.

Who cares, AMD are selling all their cards faster than they can make them because of all of the retards that buy them for mining.

back to plebbit newfag

>who gives a shit about technology because muh gayms don't need
back to Sup Forumseddit

Redditors are friends.

>2012
>just before the gaymergate shit and moot going full normalfag for some used pussy
really activates my almonds

>intel
should we tell him?

Repeat after me:

1070 level performance

FC4 is shit2bh and jjust used the previous game's engine with minor improvement

$199 USD translates to $500 CAD

>550watt PSU
>Mitx case
>On a workstation card
>Running experimental drivers that allow it to play games
>On a workstation card
>Literally the performance of $4,000 Quadro offerings at $1200
>Still hits the performance of a 1080
>Not built for gaming
>Experimental day 1 drivers
>Competes against $4,000 Quadro cards at $1200
>Experimental day 1 drivers for gaming
>550w PSU
>Mitx case
>Blower industrial workstation card
>Experimental day 1 drivers
>Still hits 1080 levels of performance
>On a workstation card
>On a workstation card
>On a workstation card
>With day 1 experimental drivers
>Without primitive shaders

Just so maybe you Nvidia faglords get a clue. Be happy Nvidia shills, this company is about to release a product towards the end of July that will probably force Nvidia to lower prices or step their game up. This way, you can buy Nvidia anyway but it will actually be affordable this time.

>supermad the post

Damage control the post

Samefag the post Nvidia edition now with more tesselation and less performance.

Just so you guys know I own a 1080ti and even I'm not enough of a Nvidia asslicker to be this buttmad over these benchmarks. It would be a very good thing you see AMD light a fire under Nvidias ass like they did to Intel, that way competition lowers prices for everyone.

>>Without primitive shaders
About that. Is there been any news on that, or is it another dead-in-the-water technology like Mantle or Trueaudio that nobody aside from a select few will ever touch?

The thing with mantle is that it became vulkan, which is relevant. Basically went through a name change but the idea behind vulkan is the same as mantles; low level optimization.

Primitive shaders is kindof the same thing but specifically for shaders and rendering. Low level optimization of shaders allows for AMD GPUs perform better.

The only fire amd can light is in the house of some hapless fanboy who would buy this abortion.

Your stalled memes won't make vega any better.

The problem I have with mantle is that driver support for it existed for two fucking years before the API actually became public.

If you're gonna advertise a feature with your card, it might be useful if the feature was actually usable outside of a few shitty modern games.

>DX 11 forever!
>Hardware scheduling is a meme!
>AI memes are THE FUTURE!
>Really fucking big dies are THE FUTURE!

vega die size is the same at 1080ti and is both housefire and slow
kill yourself
>7yo meme
kill yourself

Can somebody please explain how this matters so much if it's a workstation card?

I mean, you can take a quadro that's similar specced to a 1070 or 1080 and it wont perform the same due to different drivers and optimizations.

Also, isn't Frontier the smaller Vega card?

>Can somebody please explain how this matters so much if it's a workstation card?
Because shitposters need an excuse to flap their aspie arms around and yell "AMD DED! AMD DED!"

1080ti is 250 watts vs Vega FE 300 watts, and performance is still very much unconfirmed. Also, Thermi will never not be relevant.

Samefag

I should say "performance for RX Vega" is also very much unconfirmed. In addition to FE Vega.

>Especially after their cringy "poor volta" ad
They do this to themselves every fucking release, it is pathetic at this point. Why can't they learn to market their products more realistically, instead of trying to build up massive hype trains that just derail horribly come release? Ryzen was the same shit just not quite as bad, marketing their initial lineup as i7 kills and failing to deliver.

>end of July
>AMD releases gaming version of Vega
>$500
>Shits down 1080tis throat and trades blows with Titan xp
>Nvidiafags proceed to post cherry picked benchmarks where the 1080ti gets 3 fps more in a game from 2011-2012

They did the same thing with the r9 200 and 300 series too.

>Thermi will never not be relevant.
The only thing relevant about it is that Nvidia took the ridicule they got over Fermi, and made power efficiency and thermals a big focus going forward. Meanwhile AMD has degenerated into making cards that make Fermi look reasonable, while their fanboys still spout Nvidia housefire memes.

>and then poojet woke up

>Nvidia took the ridicule they got over Fermi, and removed their hardware scheduler, which they'll have to put back in someday which will lead right back to housefires

Fixed.

It's going to come close to the 1080 ti but only beat it in a few DX12/Vulkan titles IMO.

>LUL SMELLY INDIAN MAYMAY XD I CALLED HIM A RACIAL SLUR CUZ IM AN EDGELORD

It will be MSRP $600 minimum, be sold $100 over the MSRP minimum across the board, have the exact same 1080 level gaming performance of the Frontier card, still be housefire tier with awful power draw, and be impossible to find anyway since miners are going crazy buying up everything.

But the point is that the price point is going to be competitive, as in cheaper than the 1080ti while offering better performance in those DX12/vulkan titles.

Besides the fact that every relevant AAA title is going to be using DX12 and vulkan in the near future, so it will be a better value in the longtime. Also better drivers over the course of time.

>Source: My Ass

AMD releases are getting stupidly easy to predict, they keep making all of the same mistakes.

Seeing as the 1080 is currently sold at $540 on PCpartpicker I doubt they'd charge any more than $500 for it.

>have the exact same 1080 level gaming performance of the Frontier card
Yeah, not really. They still have a month until RX Vega launch to keep working on the drivers, and the entire setup will be focused on gaming.

>The gaming version will perform the same as the workstation card

:^)

>Slower than Pascal
>Hotter than hell
AYYMD strikes again.

P-poor Volta

>Stupidly easy to predict
>Meanwhile ryzen is shitting on Intel offerings performance per dollar
>New Intel offerings go into nuclear meltdown after mild overclocks

:^)

@61129855 (You)

Learn what's basic hygiene, pajeet.

You're going full nigger if you don't assume every board on this shit hole is an anime board

Gtfo pajeet
You don't have to be Sup Forums to hate smelly Street sitters like yourself

>Meanwhile ryzen is shitting on Intel offerings performance per dollar
In what world do you live in? In this one Ryzen loses to Intel on every level because their stuff actually costs more while still under-performing in single core performance.

First shave that stubble off your neck and consider investing in some acne medicine you fucking edgelord faggot.

>M-MUH 5 fps at 1080p

>M-MUH GAEMS
>M-MUH 350fps on cs:go instead of 340fps

Fuck off.

>>>/Mumbai/

Don't provoke him, he'll post benchmarks of a dx9 game at 720p

I'll beat him to the punch.

H-HOW WILL GAYMD EVUR RECOVVOORRR

Post simulator benches faggot, and after that tell us how amazing amd CPUs are with emulators.

>>>/loo/

anime site fag

Vega FE is doing 4 tri's per clock - exact same as polaris

AMD advertised it doing 11 tri's per clock

I think they scrapped vega and replaced it with a bigger polaris die.

The only Vega card out is a workstation card and there aren't even reviews yet. Stop being an idiot.

pic related to prove i'm not an "AMDrone"

RX Vega performance will be within 5% of Vega FE.

So Vega FE performance gives us a pretty accurate ballpark, and that ballpark is ~1080 performance, 14 months late. Once RX Vega is out I bet it'll be $50 - $100 more expensive than the 1080, too.

Late to market, with worse performance at a higher price.

If you do the math, they've also regressed in IPC from Polaris. So this is basically bulldozer 2.0 but on the GPU.

It seems AMD is good at coming up with new and competitive technologies, but very bad at actually implementing and refining them.

1080 goes on sale for $450

All nvidia has to do to btfo AMD is price drop the 1080 and 1080ti by another $50.

You'll see $400 1080's competing with $500 RX Vega's and $550 1080ti's.

Unless RX Vega comes in at a $300 - $400 price point, it's done.

They could price it at $450 and put some sales on it.

same here, I hope after all this waiting Vega turns out to be at least on par with a fucking 1080Ti let alone a 1080.
It will be really bad for future upgrades if Nvidia goes full intel with its pricing because team red's busy playing ketchup.

>direct the trolling away from xeon getting BFTO pajeet
wow yet another intel pajeet slide thread

Gentlemen, lets play a game...
Compare the ratio of on topic images to smug faced nipponese kawaii uguu neemus
>zip.2chan.net/3/futaba.htm