Is this a meme, I've tried flux and literally doesn't do anything for me...

is this a meme, I've tried flux and literally doesn't do anything for me, my eyes don't feel better at night with this on, it just pisses me off by warming my screen. why use this over just turning monitor brightness down.

Other urls found in this thread:

justgetflux.com/research.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It helps me a lot (redshift not flux though). Do you use your computer in darkness? Don't.

Your circadian rhythm is affected twice as much by blue tone light as compared to red or green.

Flux changes the colour temperature of your display to move away from the higher blue tones toward the lower reddish tones as the day goes onward.

I dunno, I don't use it except when I'm on my phone in bed. The idea is that using a display will harm your ability to sleep at a normal time less if you use flux or whatever other color temperature control.

i like it, helps me get in the sleeping mood at night

Give it fifteen minutes on fluorescent setting and then try reverting back to normal brightness.

You'll realise why it's not a good idea.

I've been using f.lux for years and literally cannot go back. It's one of my vital pieces of software, like Spotify or Opera.

I don't think anyone uses flux with the intent to keep the monitor at full brightness. I use flux with low monitor brightness and it helps my eyes. The main cause for eyesore is looking at the screen for hours on end and changing the screen color won't affect that.

i've used it for like a year now and i can't used a comp without it

it relaxes my eyes. it hasn't done jack shit for helping me sleep tho.

>2017
>he doesn't wear these while on his computer

The purpose of flux isn't to make your eyes feel better, it's to help to you sleep at night. They have an entire web page dedicated to research about it.

justgetflux.com/research.html
Scroll down a bit for the research papers.

I just changed Sup Forums theme to tomorrow instead. It might be good if you frequent sites with white background often, like nytimes or reddit.

>not being a true nerd and having that tech built into your normal glasses

Have it on for long enough that you can't see the 'redness'.
Then, in the middle of the night when there's no natural sunlight and preferably in a dark room, turn f.lux off.
Your eyes will thank you once you turn it back on.

If its not helping, then you likely just plain spend WAY too much time in front of a screen man. You've got bigger life problems.

Its meant to be a minor ease on your eyes, thats all.

I use it on my phone with Red Moon cranking the brightness to 50% of stock minimum. Works pretty well.

f.lux is deprecated, windows has screen tinting since creators update.
redshift doesnt work on wayland

>why use this over just turning monitor brightness down.

You're supposed to do both you moron.

It works because pic related

it exactly is a huge meme
IMO no change
also it doesnt make sense because irl moon and stars are blue

>I've tried flux and literally doesn't do anything for me
yeah it won't force you to go to bed... try disabling it at 3am and you'll see what it does

1. Windows 10 is shit, and nobody should use it
2. The built in nightlight function isn't as effective, the f.lux dev posted a spectral comparison somewhere

What's best amount of time before bed to use? 30 minutes at least?

four hours

>not using sunset screen if windows

They're panicking because they're irrelevant. You think normies give a shit about spectral comparisons? If their screen is orange, they're not going to care.

I use flux with max brightness.

Been using it for 8 years now. Can't live without it, everytime I borrow someone elses pc i realize how bright and blue a computer screen actually is.

It lets you keep your screen brighter at night without fucking up your eyes or circadian rhythm.
Try setting the screen brightness all the way down to the minimum without f.lux; you'll probably still get more blue light than you would with f.lux enabled at a higher display brightness.

You're either retarded and past the point of any help, or I have been severely trolled.

Fuck off.