Is Debian just for servers...

Is Debian just for servers ? I'm thinking about installing it as a nice light programming environment (mostly C and Python, but I want to try new things like Go and Rust too), but I keep seeing this "for servers" meme.

just pick whatever you like desu. most distros run fine on shit hardware and have compilers/language support for nearly everything

It's not just for servers. It's a stable distribution that doesn't have new packages unless you go testing or sid. It's a good base distro for doing whatever you want on it.

can /g /cool it down on anime?
I feel like I am in cringe land of forever virgins with autism

Debian is a shit dev env.

Repos versions of gcc is 4.8 (7 being the latest stable...), python is something like 3.2 (you want asynchronous support as language feature ? Too bad !)

Go and Rust are likely to be very old too.

So either spend a ton of time manually installing all you need and their dependancy or get something newer.

You may think I'm memeing but unironically, Arch offer the best packages, even if the network/sound/power management is a fucking pain in the ass.

Check what site you're on my dude.

I'm actually not into anime, just wanted to fall to the meme

You reposted in the wrong neighborhood sonny

Debian 9 is out, depends only on GCC 6(.3) and has Python 3.5

Works fine on desktops. Probably the "for servers" meme exists because it's stable, stable releases don't change software etc. it only gets bug/security fixes which means its good for servers.
There is unstable and testing for those looking for more modern software, but stable works just fine on desktops too usually, it's your choice pretty much. I don't know about your use case but for me it has been a good desktop and server OS

Oh nice, I did not knew that

I'm gonna use it on a laptop. Had good experiences with it in the past so I' downloading it now, just wanted Sup Forums's input

I am sorry I like technology, I dont care for anime
I did not come to Sup Forums for anime, i am also not on anime board am I?

And seeing anime pics from weaboos make me feel dirty because you are in my eyes so pathethic losers :(
you probably not realizing it but you are very like ponyfags or furry
go post your waifus to boards about anime maybe?

then why not post picture of something you are in to?
like pic related, or something linux related?

also debian is garbage for old people
its not even for servers, ubuntu is leading there because debian is just pain in the ass

It's 23:50 here and I'm tired, didn't want to look for something relevant so I just typed "anime programming" on Google and chose one

well whatever is your excuse weaboo
I am sure as hell dont see reason why not type debian instead of anime programming
but whatever, at least you are ashamed
and it was not 23:50, more like 23:59

Well, read this : I've never watched any anime in my entire life. I'm just a random student casually reading Sup Forums when I'm bored and have nothing to do with the garbage that lives here. Just found it funny to do like everyone else for once.

Not ashamed of anything, I'm only here for the occasional good tech discussion.

Debian stable is for servers. Testing and unstable are fine for desktop.

downloading Stable right now, not using a stable distro if it's to use unstable packages

I am sorry I like technology, I don't care for your nude underage sluts. I did not come to anime for sluts,I am also not in a slut board am I?

And sting pictures of sluts makes me feel sorry because you are in my eyes so pathetic losers :(
You probably not realizing it but you are very like pedophiles or footfag
Go past your camgirls to boards about sluts maybe?

Also Debian is for desktops, Ubuntu is lagging there because they can't even pick a DE

Everything in debian is old, even in unstable. Depending on the whims of the maintainers, unstable sometimes lives up to its name.

>He doesn't have a waifu

for rust you'll use rustup anyway, it doesn't hit any main repos quickly