Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TK2TuqcNWPY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teemu_Mäki
youtu.be/pOQuw1MXLGQ?t=381
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the seal ok?

SEAL GENOCIDE WHEN BROTHER?

it could've tasted better i guess

what do you guys even make with their hides? Jackets? Shoes?

NO STOP

DON'T KILL THE BABY SEAL

They fuck their bodies. :)

They don't use their hides at all.
The only parts used are their whiskers to make Canadian floss.

cute seal
of
nice bant

Why are canadians so edgy?

look at all the edges on their leaf

FUCKING COCKSUCKING NIGGERS

It's cultural

>tfw this is in my state

youtube.com/watch?v=TK2TuqcNWPY
Literally a country of savages

I like seals

why is he not hitting it with the spike end? Wouldn't that be more effective? what is the spike used for?

It's called a Hakapik, you can use both ends

Are you a seal clubber?

Piercing it would just ruin the hide.

Too answer your question though, they don't want to puncture the pelt if they miss and hit the body

Chinese culture?

>A hakapik is a club, of Norwegian design, used for killing seals. The hakapik is a multipurpose hunting tool—a heavy wooden club, with a hammer head (used to crush a seal's skull), and a hook (used to drag away the carcass) on the end.
wtf, I hate Norway now!

Why kill the small ones? The adults have bigger hides

just payback for stealing Canadian hauls, no wrong point.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

of nvm
>it is an efficient tool designed to kill the animal quickly and humanely when used correctly.
call me edgy but I don't really care if they kill seals with a hit in the head instead of a bullet in the head, it's not like killing cows etc. is "more humane" either

Any way to buy seal meat in western inland Canada?

I don't think B.C. has a sealing business like the east. They just save starving pups and inflate the population to make more starving pups.

>hating something that makes you a lot of money

It's nothing personal, it's business.

How is Mass as a whole? I cannot decide if it's a beautiful, highly educated, quiet state, or a completely boring, authoritarian, overtaxed monstrosity

I think it gets used for lining sometimes, or for an outer later for style. Seal skin mittens, and boots. It's better for fashion.

I've heard Scotland is allowed to step around the EU ban on our seal products because they use seal pelts for part of their traditional kilts.

I use to own a seal hat. Looked ridiculous. I threw it away. Stupid seals can't even make proper hats.

THE SEALS FUCKING DESERVE IT

i have ancestors from newfoundland. newfoundland is a shitty province now with little to do besides collect benefits and be laughed at by other provinces. it's poor as fuck especially after the recession. the only way they can sustain themselves even barely is by clubbing these LE POOR INNOCENT SEALS. it's not done for the fur. it's done to sell so these abos and newfies which have been treated like shit by everybody can actually make a living and have food on the table

these seals are full grown. no babies are harmed. seal clubbing is regulated and necesarry for shitty economies like newfoundland to exist. it's no different from hunting except a little more physical. maybe you fucks should appreciate canada not taking the easy way out of something for once. when I see people like Ellen, who has never had to experience anything bad in her entire life, and has probably only been to toronto and quebec, look at seal clubbing and act like it's the worst thing in the world, i want to scream.

besides, look at this piece of shit. it deserves to be clubbed. it's trying to manipulate us with how LE CUTE XD it is. fuck you internet. fuck you ellen

But you do

Seal lives matter

Only abos are allowed to club them now I think.

New rules applied a long time ago mean they use guns to kill them, but they might still have the club for dragging the bodies back to the boat.

A good club to the head kills an animal quickly and is likely a faster death than a missed shot to be honest. Greenfag groups just liked using the "big strong men brutally spilling blood of the sea rat on clean ice" image to trigger people with tumblr mindsets.

SEAL SYMPATHIZERS OUT

>I threw it away.
Should have sold it or given it to someone, unless the design was shit someone could have re-purposed the fur. There's people who go to thrift stores and hunt like vultures for old fur items to do just that.

yeah I imagine a strong blow to its head would do the job just as effectively
also it's not like anyone cares that when hunting people rarely shoot moose/deer etc. in the head so they die instantly so it's really weird to care about this since the seagulls seem to die faster than a shot to a moose's middle body

#NotAllSeals #AnimalOfPeace #HumansSoFragile

SEAL LIVES MATTER

>seagulls
fug :DDD I mean seals
ebin

So what are you gonna do about it, Memeland?

People are LITERALLY massacring seal cubs right outside my window as I type this.

>implying Liberals give a shit or know anything about logic

They just get the image of bashing a seals head in with a club into their heads and can't comprehend how it's very humane and there is nothing wrong with it.

They just think MUH POOR SEALS like fucking retarded children. It's the same cunts that cry when hunters shoot certain DINDU NUFFIN animals

You would support killing marine life, wouldnt you japan.

I already said it's fine
now gib oil monies and weren't you gonna give us that mountain for our 100th birthday?

>Hakapiikki
Suspicious.

delet

Pretty much. The club seemed quite fatal and if they missed the head the damage would still be enough to make sure it didn't squirm off into the water only to die slowly.

There was also lots of misrepresentation that involved poachers or before bans that were enacted to not kill pups (the white and fluffy seals). They also ignore that the animal species isn't endangered and the ones that are hunted are actually over populated in a number of areas. Plus these animals get full, free lives and however they're killed they suffer less than farm factory cattle and chicken.

An art student in my city killed, plucked, and cooked a chicken in his school as a live performance art and the school tried to expel him and his teacher because city kids were so upset to see first hand how that meat they're eating at lunch came to be. People are idiots.

nice performance tbqh, i hope he got a good grade.

people here are used to seeing animals die since pretty much any child (around 8) has seen an animal being decapitated infront of their eyes during eid-ul adha (sacrifice holiday)

>An art student in my city killed, plucked, and cooked a chicken in his school as a live performance art
kek a professor of an art university here made an art video where he killed a cat with an axe and then masturbated on its corpse :DD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teemu_Mäki
>Plus these animals get full, free lives and however they're killed they suffer less than farm factory cattle and chicken.
exactly, reminds me of this: youtu.be/pOQuw1MXLGQ?t=381
The reindeer get to live free, their lives are much better than some random cow's life
"could I really kill Rudolph?"

We don't have any traditions like that, so the only people who experience animals deaths are working on farms/ ranches of some sort or work in an industry that kills them. There's people here that are so far removed from nature some legitimately don't understand an animal was slaughtered and often raised in miserable conditions just so they could eat cheap chicken nuggets.

It's good you guys keep that connection to nature.

>killed a cat with an axe and then masturbated on its corpse
I think he'd get criminal charges and a mental assessment if he did that here.

I've heard there are some movements where vegans are becoming hunters or starting organic farms and raising the animals in better quality of life and eating what they kill/ raise. It makes crazy tumblr time vegans furious, even the ones who cheat and eat factory chicken here and there.

sounds comfy af to live in the wilderness and hunt/raise/grow your own food

>an animal was slaughtered... just so they could eat cheap chicken nuggets
Technically an animal was slaughtered for the breast, legs and thighs. The nuggets were made from the residual sludge scraped off of the bones so no additional slaughtering was required.

The meat quality is often better, and they can know companies didn't tamper with the meat. So long as the animal population are kept stable it's a good way to do things but it's hard to change peoples mind especially when you're killing Santa's reindeer or you've got photos of big men bashing animals heads in on ice.

It was just a joke phrase, user. My point is like jello, lots of people I've met don't understand where stuff they eat comes from. Like water from your tap it's just magic to some people.

FUCKING COCKSUCKING WHALES

I like seals, but I can't hate Canada, what to do?

Disgusting. Canadians are horrible people.

The only thing I like about the seal hunt is that it makes treehuggers and celebrities angry.

please norway stop the killing