Vega Frontier in game mode performs like 1080

videocardz.com/70541/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-lands-in-the-hands-of-the-first-owner

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-performance-benchmarks-unboxing/

guru3d.com/news-story/amd-vega-frontier-edition-unboxed-and-benchmark.html

overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/buyers_start_posting_benchmark_results_for_amd_s_radeon_vega_frontier_edition/1

techpowerup.com/234737/amd-radeon-pro-vega-frontier-edition-unboxed-benchmarked

Old thread
Pls dont shill and be nice

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/70526/amd-preparing-radeon-pro-wx-9100-with-vega-gpu
support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/certified
youtube.com/channel/UCtUuZ6l_xTfGGEx3efxYUkA
disqus.com/by/klaudiuszkaczmarzyk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the difference between Vega Pro WX

videocardz.com/70526/amd-preparing-radeon-pro-wx-9100-with-vega-gpu

And Vega FE?

wasn't this supposed to be faster than a titan Xp? a bit underwhelming imo.

support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/certified

Pretty much that and mostly that.

The results are very inconsistent across 12 different runs. The guy was using it with a crap 550 watt PSU and an mITX case/motherboard. It was obviously throttling/downclocking itself.

>MUH GAYMS

same people who complained about ryzen 7 getting trashed by like i5s

DELET

it basically over for poor vega I was gunna go for one but the delay delay delay then deliver trash just makes me wanna go nvidia next built. gunna wait for volta atleast Nvidia makes me believe they can deliver sometimes

>Tested on a potato by some mouth breather.

Nope!

so what you're saying is AMD fucked up or AMD fucked up?

His channel (May be doing some more videos) youtube.com/channel/UCtUuZ6l_xTfGGEx3efxYUkA

His Disqus where he's been posting shit disqus.com/by/klaudiuszkaczmarzyk/

Take all results with a grain of salt. His setup is pretty janky and he's been getting inconsistent results.

I'm a mouth breather and fuck you!

BUT HOW GOOD ARE THEY AT MINING ETHEREUM

pretty bad if 1060's are beating them for less than a third the price

In my experience, having too small of a power supply ends up in blue screens NOT a GPU down clocking itself

It was likely the small case that did it. Can't dissipate heat well enough.

wow so VEGA=
>shit for mining
>shit for gaymen
>shit for pro

BUTH ETHEREUM IS MOONING AGAIN I NEED MY HASH/SEC GAINS

Hopefully this drives prices down radically for the RX launch. Then after I buy one or two the prices can go back up with gaming drivers released.

That's extremely poor for a card that is 2 years late and costs $1000.

Maybe AMD should call prosumer Navi "Navi FE, a workstation card that can play games, although not as good as full gaming card"

There aren't any mining specs yet.
It's the fucking Founders Edition card, not RX Vega which is for your gaymes.

I personally think they should intentionally sabotage gaming and pro cards to set off a thermite packet and melt the silicon 4 good if it senses it's being used for mining

What about Vega Jw?
Just wait edition fury 2.0

Nvdia just postponed because they know Vega sucks

The only way Vega RX isn't utterly and completely, crushingly DOA is if they price it at 300$

I'm pretty sure that nVidia and AMD couldn't give less of a fuck what their cards are being used for as long as they're selling faster than they can be produced

>Currytech
>Article literally by Pajeet Sendloo
>Benchmark done on an antique i7, DDR3(!) RAM, and a dollar store PSU
If the issue was the PSU and Vega performs better than it showed (highly probable), AMD straight up has a defamation lawsuit against Currytech

The long game has been over since Nvidia released the 1080ti.

They have no management credibility at this point. I cannot understand people who continue to give Radeon group the benefit of the doubt, because we have seen this same situation play out multiple times now.

It'll be $450-$500.

> AMD coded GPU firmware to downclock when it notices insufficient power delivery
> Some random fag throws GPU into computer with shit power supply
> GPU downclocks itself to prevent erroneous behavior due to lack of power
> Fag posts numbers showing downclocked Vega running at "only" the performance of a GTX1080
> Intel monkeys flings poo everywhere cause they're still mad X299 and i9 are thousand dollar house fires waiting to happen
> Nvidia XTREME XxX_Gamer_XxX children joins in cause that's how children generally behaves in the sandbox

How about we actually wait until more people test this thing?
Or how about we wait until the actual cards come out and let people test those, rather than having shitflinging contests over a card that's quite literally AMD's version of Nvidia Quadro and thus labeled as "Workstation" everywhere.

it's a 550w corsair platinum

Or if, ya know, putting a 300W workstation card on a 550W power supply that probably needed fucking molex adaptors for the eight pin is the problem

Which do you think is more likely?

>It'll be $450-$500.
R I P

in half and double precision it crushes the xp mercilessly.

The problem is with this GPU right now is we don't have gaining drivers for it, I don't believe. This was a professional card, not anything gamer, and professional drivers never work well with gamer loads.

Were also seen day one performance without a real driver update.

And don't think I'm making excuses for Vega, I honestly thought that day one it is going to be at the very worst at 1080, if it was Polaris efficiency it would be halfway between the 1080 and a 1080 TI, closer to the TI than the 1080. And with efficiency as their main focus or at least what they said their main focus was skies the limit on getting close to a Titan XP.

I count this as a preview but not the final version, the actual gamer version will be the final say on if it's good or not, when we can actually take the price that AMD is willing to sell it at into account not the professional use were paying 1000 for the card price.

You know the cheapest 1080 on the market right now is $550, right? Retard.

exactly so AMD should have given out to reveiwers and I dunno published a munual with specs or something so they can point this shit out

Instead they let the first pre orders get into the hands of the braindead

AMD lost the marketing game in the first hours of this debacle

HEY GUIS JUST GONNA TEST THIS $1000 WORKSTATION GPU ON MY "RIG" HERE WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

>the cheapest 1080 on the market right now is $550

AMD gpus have to be 20% lower price minimum @ same performance to have a chance in real life and not neckbeardland

>AMD coded GPU firmware to downclock when it notices insufficient power delivery
Prove it
I've never encountered a GPU that down clocks because of a power supply.

>ITX case
>shits it up with 10 fans

Dumb niggers

why does the card need 500 watts draw, and a 1500watt psu, raj?

We already know NVidia outsells AMD even when they've got a worse product (Thermi) so AMD really should just drop out of consumer GPUs altogether if this is the shit they have to deal with on a regular basis. Let the gaymurs enjoy their monopoly prices.

> I've never encountered a GPU that down clocks because of a power supply.

Have you ever used a Quadro card or any other workstation card?

AMD lets the engineers name CPUs shit like Epyc, nobody is defending their marketing.

So Vega will be $800+ after all the miners buy them up right?

I'd he kept that pannel off, it's not down clocking due to heat.

It's 300 watts for aircooled and 375 watts for watercooled. Fuck off, troll.

answer me raj u fuk

>all these GPUs
>no games even require a fraction of this shit for 1080p 144hz gaming
>4k+ monitors are still a billion dollars

When will display tech catch up?

If he tested it like that it's no different than an open bench honestly. AMD's blower cards are still kinda shit regardless too.

>In real life and not neckbeard land
The mythical Chad who builds his own PC?

No, admit it, even neckbeard enthusiasts are dumb brand loyalists

>Have you ever used a Quadro card or any other workstation card?
No, but the firmware is very similar to consumer GPUs.

You have yet to prove it would downclock due to power.

looking good there m8

EPYC is good though, it's a direct jab at Intel's abortion.

Threadripper less so.

>even neckbeard enthusiasts are dumb brand loyalists
true

So either it's downclocking because it's not getting enough juice or the thing just throttles and tosses up inconsistent results (as seen in the OP) all the damn time because the blower sucks. I'm willing to bet it's column A. All shitposters are going to bet it's column B.

Even Nvidia's blower cards throttle, this won't be any different.
It's unknown if the FW has any power throttling based on PSU current though.

I've seen people run SLI 1080s on a 600w ITX PSU. It's most def the latter. Hell even the Titan Pascal would throttle. Blower coolers are just shit all around. It's going to be even worse with a 300 TDP card.

Why send out a workstation gpu for people to use in non workstation products? also amd lost the gpu race a long time ago and will likely jump back in with navi.

You do realize it don't works that way right?
Also a quality 500w psu can easily deliver 700w for a doable time. Even more, with the system it shouldn't be doing more than 500w.

If you call the problem is with drivers okay, I can accept the answer, but blaming power supply? Come on you have or haven't a stable psu. If there isn't enough juice there is crash and blue screen, not throttling.

amd does because even if they sell the cards, they see no profit from them outside of msrp, and then they don't get market share in a very lucrative market, which will further optimized for nvidia.

Nvidia could give two shits, but amd does.

wait for Naviā„¢

With an i7, watercooling, the Vega and all the fans he has running, he's drawing well over 500 watts peak

well, if amd can do for gpus what they are currently doing for cpus, navi will be able to deliver a fuck load of preformance for an overall lower price than nvidia can put out with monolithic designs.

Thanks the fucking card is not wasting heat like hell.
300w VGA + some shitty fans/pump/see less than 50w. A 4790k don't draw 150w but let's say 150w. That will go 500w well under a sustainable load on a Corsair platinum.

The only real hardware problem I can see is if the case is closed and the GPU is choked.

Just drop this psu meme

Why's everyone thinking it would beat a titan xp/980ti in gaming ?

Even AMD themselves said it would be between a 1080 and ti.

Don't get me wrong, barely beating a 1080 isn't a good start but vega with mature drivers is looking to be +10% faster that the 1080?

If it comes in at a decent price its a bonus.

where are you seeing hash figures? I'd think it would be pretty good given the compute capability and hbm?

>Even AMD themselves said it would be between a 1080 and ti.
[citation needed]

>what are 1440p high refresh rate screens

I really, really doubt AMD cares who's buying their cards as long as they sell. If anything, they're probably ecstatic about being the crypto miner card of choice. That's a pretty massive market, if it wasn't then Sup Forums and Sup Forums wouldn't be crying about card shortages all the time.

> probably ecstatic about being the crypto miner card of choice

every aymd card bought by minurz is one less gaymer with an aymd gpu, meaning a new Nvidia bot that will never switch back

I hope they keep the brushed ally look
I mean at all the quotes from amd the past month

>"will hold it's own"
>"competitive with competition"
>"perf looks nice compared to 1080 and ti"
>"Good value"

That just screams 1080>

>>>"will hold it's own"
>"competitive with competition"
>"perf looks nice compared to 1080 and ti"
>"Good value"

That just screams 1080>

Halfway between 1080 and 1080 ti for $400-$500 would be pretty nice.

Unless you mean pro performance, then it demolishes the entire Geforce lineup and holds its own against a $1800 P5000

That explains the price at least.

If RX Vega is half the price and sits between 1080 and 1080 ti, it won't be that bad. Hopefully $450 instead of $500.

The real question is can you find a monitor with a glass screen, not some "anti glare" piece of plastic garbage.

Why did it took so long to find some WORKSTATION SOFTWARE for a WORKSTATION GPU

it was from that Don guy, works at AMD
is lower better here? not familiar with these benches

>monitor with a glass screen
but y tho

Because the idiots that got FE Vega early are literal manchildren.

I feel less bad about the arch now.
I don't expect RX Vega to be more than 10% faster than a 1080, but eh, it's all in the drivers.

amd does not make over msrp
amd is not selling gamer cards to gamers
nvidia is getting a stronger foothold because of that.

it may not sound like much, but amd has sub 25% gaming market share and if it gets much lower we will see nvidia only games.

Because anti-glare plastic screens make everything look blurry. I have an easier time ignoring reflections (if there are any) than I do looking at a fuzzy "hi res" screens. This is the biggest thing that's kept me using the 1440p led apple cinema display I bought in 2011.

Much like getting your first hi-res (>1080p) monitor, you can't go back to plastic from glass.

>anti-glare plastic screens make everything look blurry

source?

nvidia only games? more like step 1 in killing a platform

AMD is like a restaurant where you have to wait for hours for your order and when it's actually delivered it's not food but a big pile a curry poo on a plate.

How much better is this than a p4000?

when did companies stop supporting dual core only cpus? not 4 thread cpus, 2 threads total.
the market share of pure dual core cpus among gamers was likely higher than amds total market share at the time the first ones came out.
It may never be an exclusive 'only playable on nvidia' scenario, but a what the fuck bother with amd optimizations so cards that are damn near equal, see 480 and 1060 6gb, would be the 1060 being a a good 50-100% more fps then the 480.

Hell, a game could come out and actually use physx as a core gameplay mechanic, effectively killing any non nvidia card.

the less marketshare amd has the more bullshit like that can happen.

Actually, I'm surprised they don't sell "premium" glass LCDs for people with more money than sense.

intel pajeet slide thread, sage in all fields

>gpu
>intel shill

kys

t.plastic pleb

Seriously though, go find a glass screened monitor and you'll understand.

>IGNORE THAT INTEL IS GETTING BTFO BEYOND REPAIR LOOK AT THIS SHITTY GPU AMD BTFO
(you) need to go back to the designated, pajeet

This damage control is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen on Sup Forums.

FE isn't a workstation card

The primitive shaders aren't enabled, so I'll wait and see.