Mining

Hey Sup Forums, so I heard mining bitcoins is a thing again, how safe are mining clients? how do I know if my machine isn't also being used by other user to mine his bitcoins? is there any chart/website where I can find out how much money (USD) I can make out of mining a specific cryptocurrency with a specific GPU? Is the GPU wear still relevant if you keep mid/low temps?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocompare.com/
pcworld.com/article/3204149/components-graphics/amd-nvidia-coin-mining-graphics-cards-appear-as-gaming-gpu-shortage-intensifies.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you, fuck miners, fuck bitcoin, litecoin, and ethereum. Die in a fire, you faggots stole the rx 480 i was going to buy for crossfire

Honestly question, what makes things different now ?

I remember way back when, that the difficulty would go up so damn fast that your your earnings would diminish so fast that you had barely a hope to even pay for your ACIS/GPU with what you mined.

Mining Bitcoin won't get you shit for currency, I reccomend mining Etherum classic (ETC)

cryptocompare.com/ here's a good site for comparing and calculations

Also mining specific cards are becoming a thing pcworld.com/article/3204149/components-graphics/amd-nvidia-coin-mining-graphics-cards-appear-as-gaming-gpu-shortage-intensifies.html

>I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE MAKING MONEY INSTEAD OF WASTING IT ON GAYMES WAAAHHH!!
I wish mods would actually ban underage.
Yes bitcoins are worthless but you're just as bad as buttcoin miners.

All the non BTC variants are cash grab schemes by the rich using the lower class non business tier miners propping up the false value of the Eth so they can cash out before it finally devalues itself to near death as the "market" corrects itself before moving on to the next trend.

>MAKING MONEY
Where is this money you talk about? Because cryptocurrencies aren't money, and can't be used to buy shit.

You're right, they're not money, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have valur, gold isn't money, but it has value. And as for
>can't be used to buy shit
Yeah, no. Shut the fuck up and think before you type, bitch boy.

Mining bitcoins is still not a thing, that's the domain of Chinese datacenters full of ASICs. What people mine now are altcoins specifically designed to be ASIC-resistant.

Funny story..

Today I noticed computer (linux) was slow. Opened system monitor and see all 8 threads are at 100% usage. This apparently caused by something called "cpuminer". I have never installed anything like that on purpose. Seems like linux isn't immune to malware after all. Guess I was lucky it wasn't something worse.

Thanks for reading my blog.

bitcoin itself is a scam not to mention mining it

What's that hairstyle called?

Sparky slick

The difference is I'll be able to sell the gold in 40 years, no one is going to want your stupid fucking crypto-currency in two years, let alone 40.

You could make safer, quicker money taking that money you're spending on graphics cards and buying safe stocks, you fucking mongoloid, but you clearly lack the chromosomes to figure out that.

Converting your shit to buy something isn't buying with it, they take it in US dollars when you convert it. It's as much a currency as your vidya is when you trade it in to get a discount on something new.

You can't buy shit with it and it's only worth money because people all think they are going to get rich off it.

Tell me roughly the price of a bag of rice, or really anything in bitcoin without comparing it to the US price. Oops you can't because nobody actually sells shit in bitcoins. This "currency" can't be used to buy anything. It's a fucking scam.

Build a mining botnet

Linux is about as insecure than Windows if not moreso, it's just nobody writes malware for it

That's what they said about Bitcoin in 2010 you know.

stay mad nocoiner

> Investors selling to new investors that hope to sell later to new investors for a profit
How long can it last?

Honestly I think it can last, as in stick around and not crash to 0, forever. I mean look at Linux, that shit has been going for 20 years now and people still think the year of the Linux desktop is around the corner.

But eventually people are going to realize you can't actually do anything and it's not feasible as a currency because it's slow and muh untracability makes it ripe for criminal activity.

Criminal activity like buying drugs, etc is the only real value the thing has and the mainstream will never adopt something that is basically only good for criminals.

You can actually buy things with Bitgoym.
Not everything, but you can pay for more mining gear from NewEgg with it.

>Cia doing bit mining confirmed
The glow in the dark Africans must be stopped.

>open browser
>go to google.com
>average price for a carton of eggs
>convert USD to btc
Wow, that was REALLY fucking hard wasn't it? Even if it's a bad investment, which I think it is, as ASIC miners rule that market, it's still better than LOOK AT MUH 420K ULTRA SOOPER DOOPER HD 3 BILLION FPS COUNTER STRIKE.
>Says the increasingly nervous man for the second time in two years

haha that dudes hair eh

>so I heard mining bitcoins is a thing again
>bitcoins
Wrong, ASIC jews jewed everyone long ago. It's literally a jews race to see who can jew each other the most.

/thread
Couldn't have said it any better.

Prices of alt coins sky rocketed, RX480 now gets something like $3.50/day minus the electricity