Since people say that you can make a babby computer out of it...

since people say that you can make a babby computer out of it, is it possible to make it a pocket-sized computer that i can take with me on the go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aZc5gUKcRZA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean your phone?

Sure, just ducttape a display on one side and a powerbank on the other.

Technically yes, but I wouldn't especially if you need to ask this question.

Well I'm using one as my "desktop" ATM...
Yeah you can do a lot of things.
If you find a way to put a battery on it all you need to do is just plug into a monitor and you good to go...

this is the best solution if you want a "computer on the go"

I actually made a rpi tablet but it wasn't beautiful and definitely wasn't pocket sized. It was cool asf though i let my son use it for show and tell and everyone was like wtf awesome

These pretty much sum up everything I was going to say.

No that is why I recommend the German made (NOT chink made) pyra by dragonbox™

What is >phone

>pocket-sized computer
The shit do you mean by this?

Pretty much this

But if you really need a x86 portable computer get a netbook, for sure they are underpowered (not as much as a Raspi tho) but they are extremely cheap (i got one for $15 a few months ago, it works as a portable N64 emulator machine)

It would be much better as a mini desktop, but yes. You could very easily make a small laptop out of it. Not pocket sized, but close. Use the biggest battery brick you can find, a 7 inch display, and a mini keyboard. Hook it all up inside and mount it inside of some sort of case and you're good to go.

no you dont get it. its like something you could go on the internet like a phone but all it needs is wifi. like in case your phone dies you still have the internet you just need to plug it in

Yes, but the real question is are you going to actually use it or just fiddle with it for 10 minutes and never touch it again.

just carry an old phone with no SIM card
it would be infinitely more powerful than a piece of just-USB-my-shit-up garbage RPi anyway and better for internet usage too

Just buy GPD Pocket + Ubuntu

>consumer botnet machine with no control over the firmware and baseband
>computer

no im trying to make the future here, eventually phones will be replaced with pocket sized supercomputers and i wanna be a part of that

Yeah that already happened a few years ago. We even call them phones.

Really fpbp
>smaller than what you can do with a RPi
>better battery life
>easy to use

There are a lot of cool projects you can do with a Raspberry. A PC on the go is not one of them.
Try some home automation.

>like in case your phone dies you still have the internet you just need to plug it in
>you just need to plug it in
Like your phone?

Isn't that just a slightly faster openpandora? Do they have their shit sorted this time instead of selling like a grand total of 3 units and taking 2 years to ship?

ZeroPhone/

actually a pretty slick project worth checkign out. bit too expensive for my taste but its considerable

No you retards. OP is asking for something MUCH different than a phone. Personally I have always wanted something like this too. Something that is completely separate from your phone, but you can take it with you, get online, plug it in, etc. Seems pretty cool to me.

a pocket terminal?
N O D E has videos on that

youtu.be/aZc5gUKcRZA
More usable looking then i expected.

yes

"German made" where the fuck do you think the silicon comes from? Or the silicon from whatever device you are posting from?
kek

Germany has alot of silicone.

>Pyra
>outdated ARM
>cheap plastic
>cheap looks
>cheap quality
>cheap screen and input devices
Oh and it's not real and pre order starts at 600€ with final retail of 700€.

>(NOT chink made)
Why? Chinks have awesome shit.

>GPD Win/Pocket
>x86
>does not look like a monstrosity
>high quality screen and input
>aluminium or proper plastic
>Pocket
>600€
>Win
>300€

As the form factor and desired functions are the same on the Win and Pyra, I fail to see why anyone would go for 600€ several times slower and outdated ARM against 300€ x86, both being open and free platforms.

How much is Evil Dragon paying you for chilling?