Post actual legitimate good reasons why you still use Microsoft Windows, I'll wait

Post actual legitimate good reasons why you still use Microsoft Windows, I'll wait

It's easy to operate and it works right out of the box
Drivers and programs are readily available for whatever needs I have and they install with a click.

I answered your question OP, answer one for me now. Why is the operating system others use important to you?

Video games

gaming
that's literally it

but once you need it for gaming you end up doing other stuff on it anyway

Mostly to make 3d models for my printer.
If there is a program for linux i would hop on

I have money and choose not to be a freeware freeloading nigger and contribute to real developers who can appreciate a real os instead of sucking Stallmans cock.

no

Finish this

V______ G_______

Underage b&

Paying money for a browser helps the economy

Making games

>real developers
>real OS
>"windows"

>Drivers and programs are readily available for whatever needs I have and they install with a click.
You don't own a whole lot of hardware, do you.

V septuple underscore G septuple underscore? Never heard of it.

>Only children are allowed to enjoy things that were designed to be enjoyed for the sake of that

It's a good non confusing OS that allows me to run all the software I want.

I'm a graphic designer and don't want to buy a mac. Wacom driver compatibility is also one of the reasons. If you are not in IT and are serious about your work, you have no choice but to use windows or mac. However, if I had a spare laptop, I would install some linux distro in a heartbeat.

Because I use my os to actually work, not just fashion or hobby.

Just a pair of desktops and a laptop. I did say "whatever needs I have", not every conceivable need.

Music software on Linux is not that good. I'm sure it can be learned but the ez mode shit is all on Windows. Also, sports like League of Legends and video games

if youre seen with linux, you look like a fucking retard who wants to be special. sort of like op

>obvious gatekeeping thread
sage

It has an actual functioning office suite unlike libretrash or opentrash, driver support, software support and now that it offers Bash out of the box the real question is, why are you using an outdated unsupported operating system?

Linux doesn't support my DAWs

You mean software to make music or to Playbacl music, because Linux has much better Software in the Playback section.
You can also play League and other Vidya on Linux

I don't.

because I need to use Maya, Illustrator, and Photoshop on a regular basis, I play less popular games that didn't get a Linux port, and I don't want to fuck with wine/lindos to get half my shit half-way working

also Windows 7/Arch dual boot master race

visual studio

I'd rather not waste time to learn how to unix, and use something that I'm familiar with and able to use efficiently. That being said I do consider unix to be superior to NT for a handful of reasons.

Microsoft Access is actually really easy and brainless, but makes my boss happy as fuck and gets me bonuses.

learn emacs, gdb/lldb
never feel comfy in visual studio or any IDE again.

Do we really need 5 threads like this every single day on Sup Forums

Only 2.3% of desktop users use Loonix, and only a handful use your fav distro.

Give it up already with the proselytism

Fonts are consistent out of the box. Ariel font already installed.

There is literally nothing wrong with Windows.
>inb4 security
All software can be exploited
>inb4 free
As if anyone pays for Windows
>inb4 open source
And that matters because?
>inb4 "I'm more intelligent than you because I understand something that's more complicated"
wel gud 4 u

Biggest one would have to be that there's no real reason for me to switch over at this current in time.

Just stop being a dickhead, OP. I understand that you personally prefer one thing, but not everyone else needs to like said thing.

I only ever used dos and windows.
Can't be bothered learning something new

openscad is widely used for parts. freecad even though being buggy as fuck, is enough for what i need to do. librecad for 2D drawings. blender for sculpting and turning vectors into 3D models.

Proper driver support
Biggest software library in the world
Games
DAWs like FL Studio, Reason, etc.
Visual Studio
No Unix bullshit like case sensitive filenames or idiotic three letter scattered file structures
No Linux bullshit like updates breaking things
WinRAR

after effects + sony vegas/premiere + stellaris. i really really fucking wish all this worked natively on linux. it doesnt. fuck me and win8

Industry standard software that isn't available on Linux. The only other alternative is MacOS.

I'm not a commie terrist

>Linux
>outdated
>unsupported

>although patches are submitted every day and that it runs on literally anything

Vaginas

t. NEET

Decent hardware is supported with drivers and updates, if I buy a blackmagic capture card I just go on their website or use the SD included in the box.

For any other kind of common hardware there are good programs that do search and install automatically

You are referring to a Mac, buddy.

because i want it to work

Games.

bitwig

>playing games
>get out you filthy casual

Well I'll be damned, it's Sup Forums's very own no fun allowed

Are you trying to imply that you couldn't do that with kdenlive?

The trouble shooting utilities make it an easy and stable OS to use. I spend 1/100th of the time maintaining it as I do with even the most user friendly Linux distro.

just tried with kdenlive, exact same number of steps to create the identical meme.
I had to fiddle a bit with it to remove the green shades around him though.

Most software works with windows, can use CMD the same way as terminal, don't have to jump through hoops to use cloud services.

>even though being buggy as fuck

yeah no thx try again in 5 years linux

No office suite.

My bosses use docx so i have no choice if i want to cowork with them.

No proper Adobe suite for preparing printing files for books.

No good support for daws. I'm not a pro with it but i like to play around with fl

Also, another big reason: I hate proselytes

I am a functional, taxpaying member of society

Powerpoint. That's it really. All the games I play work on GNU/Linux. Powerpoint is the only thing that binds me

>And that matters because?
I like to know what I'm putting on my computer, because my computer is in my home and sometimes has a microphone or camera attached.

Work. I wouldn't be able to connect to our VPN network, or use SCCM Console without it.
I also really need the Office suite (recent upgrade from 2010 to 2016).

I have machines with Ubuntu, Solus, CentOS, OS X at home for pretty much everything. I also have a machine with Windows for gayming, but I almost never use it. I almost never use my OS X machine anymore either.

To lazy to switch + occasionally Photoshop

WPS has a presentation software iirc

Adobe Lightroom

Fucking Autodesk products.

Developer for a bank whose software is mostly .net.

What do I win?

It just werks.
I'm not being ironic.

I am a huge linux fanboy. I run all of my computers on linux (considering trying OpenBSD soon on an old desktop). I have a gaming PC my gf and I built and split the cost of and she was keen on keeping it windows so I've ended up using it a fair bit.

The amount of overhead on the pc is astounding. It has a 4690k cpu, 16gigs of RAM and GTX960 graphics card; it really should be crushing basic start-up procedures but instead it defaults to trying to do a million and one unnecessary tasks that you actually need to regularly check and disable for start-up. OneDrive really gets on my tits but that's another rant.

That said one thing I have found myself really enjoying is Visual Studio. Learning how to make dynamic websites with ASP.NET MVC, Razor and Entity Framework was a complete revelation. You can use MonoDevelop on Linux but I think production has stalled on the project, and writing everything in mono means having to rewrite your code when you want to start deloyment. VScode is not designed to provide the same functionality but I really can't imaging some being able to produce similar results to another dev using the full Visual Studio.

As a side note, Linux as a gaming platform has been going from strength to strength. It's really not a problem unless you are a consumer that has buy into every overhyped new AAA release.

> pnp Linux
> just werks
> pnp windows
> downloading drivers...

I was gifted a HTC Vive.
What was I supposed to do?
Only play one game is not an option; gpu passthrough is not an option without a new cpu/mobo + time I don't wanna spend.

apple should make an OS compatible with all pc hardware just to shake up the market. I'm sure they're halfway there already, but can you imagine if macOS was now an option for pc builders to offer with new systems. its already a trusted name in computers, even if it cost as much as windows I might actually pay for it just as an alternative.

windows is getting pretty scummy, and theres just nobody willing to make an alternative because "free" alternatives already exist and you could could buy a mac instead. There is a market thats shifting and nobody is trying to cash in on it. I think there is a window of opportunity finally opening up for apple here to seriously undercut microsoft in OS marketshare, scumbag Jobs probably would have seen it

shoot man. They really should have checked first to see if you can even use the gift. I'll buy it from you if you're willing to sell it, maybe you could turn the money around and upgrade the pc in other ways.

It runs all the standard software.
A lot of people here on Sup Forums assembled their own pc's and didn't pay for the OS. Its easy to use windows without paying for it and it runs everything you'd want to run. you don't have to find some janky linux alternative to a more popular windows program.
There are a few apple programs I'd like to run but I just live without them, there are a few old windows programs I'd like to run that simply do not work on modern windows architecture, but there are zero windows-incompatible software titles I'd like to run that are otherwise compatible on a free OS

>Muh Overwatch
that's it really.

Autocad.

workplace has too many brainlets to use linux and develop tools for linux

waiting for my current laptop to go belly up so i can put a distro to play around with and learn on it. Last time I used anything linux related was Ubuntu well before the Unity desktop, Was thinking about lubuntu since it's supposed to be for older machines.

I have a job

Post actual legitimate good reasons why you still don't dual-boot Windows with Linux, I'll wait

free as in free time

Graphic and network drivers work better on my hardware. Easier to use.

>not recoding shit to make them compatible
Try the above and start your carrer doing shit like this for the public.
Set up a pay-tree-on and charge 5-10minimum. That'll do it.
Why hasn't Sup Forums done something like this yet? You failed at a distro, so do something else.

Is that an issue? Start archiving shit to an external hdd.

OS and Software update independently from another.

Using a stable OS doesn't mean I have to use outdated software until the next stable OS releases.

Gaming - it's literally the only reason.

Big corporate employer doesn't let me install Gahnoo + Linus's Kernel on the company provided laptop.

It just works.

/thred

>league of legends
>sports

My smug anime girl folder does not have the megabytes required

But that takes effort

I don't have authority to connect a Linux machine to the secure network where I work.

>your whole post
>FUCKING WINRAR

>No Linux bullshit like updates breaking things

i do mean production. the jack system is very confusing, and the best foss production stuff like Ardour is good but still not as user friendly as reaper, cakewalk etc. my desktop has ableton, reaper, reason, amplitube and i keep it win 7 because that stuff is great and unavailable on linux.

as for games, lol can work with pol but it performs half as well as it does natively in windows. i have 2 hard drives in my main laptop, same machine gets 140 fps on high settings in windows, gets about 55-60 fps in linux and the shop doesn't work. games that run natively in Linux like Dota 2 however perform great.

i still prefer linux overall, it's clearly much faster and safer

Nope, but that doesn't change the validity of his original answer. Still answers OP's question, and is a legitimate reason.