Other urls found in this thread:

help.ubuntu.com
landscape.canonical.com
ubuntu.com/advantage
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/base-files/ bug/1701068
motd.ubuntu.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And this is why I use arch.

Are you an idiot with that censoring? Were you only "pretending" to be retarded?

17.04 here and I don't get any ads.

>damage control

Welcome to Ubuntu 17.04 (GNU/Linux 4.10.0-24-generic i686)

* Documentation: help.ubuntu.com
* Management: landscape.canonical.com
* Support: ubuntu.com/advantage
Last login: Thu Jun 29 09:00:01 2017 from 192.168.1.102

>damage control
I don't even use Ubuntu (this is on an old family computer no one has used in months, but I updated it just now). There goes your only argument. How about you kys (kill yourself)?

Meant for

>not using Solus

True

I'm on ZorinOS, which is Ubuntu based. No ads here.

this. It's clearly fake, he just made a file and show it with probably "less" or something like that. Fucking retard.

Looks real.
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/base-files/ bug/1701068

I still don't understand how can someone be that retarded with the censoring or what you have to do to make this ad show up. It's not showing up for me.

RMS states that it should be possible to to make money with free software, since enabling a amazon botnet is a bad idea this might be good for them if it helps Ubuntu to become better, I'm OK with this. The hostile thing about Windows is even though you pay money for it it still datamines you and shows ads. Even Mity's -/shitty /aco/ game maker- patreon page gets 4 times more than Ubuntu MATE's patreon.

And no, I'm not a paid shill, they probably don't have money to afford one
not showing up for me either, for somm reason It's random

> you can disable this behavior in /etc/default/motd-news
Ubuntu can change motd by itself. Confirmed botnet.

kevinnet drone detected

A fucking disgrace.

how are you OK with it. the motd should be used for security updates and thats fucking all.

if it becomes some autistic news feed then people disable it, if people disable it the chance that they miss an urgent security update notice increases

that being said I SSH'd into my ubuntu instances today and didn't see it

For those saying that it's not real, open motd.ubuntu.com/

/etc/default/motd-news reads the MOTD from here (usually to warn about security updates and stuff like that).

I'm OK with it if it will help Ubuntu to be more advanced. We all know Linux projects are underpaid. Ubuntu MATE makes 1500 a month, which is not even enough to hire one full time developer. Linux Lite makes 20 bucks a month. Money is also the reason why Unity and Ubuntu mobile failed. They don't have enough man power, and man power costs money. It doesn't just help Ubuntu, also helps Ubuntu based distros too

oh fuck that's top kek

another reason I use windows

will never get ads in my MOTD

nah communities need to be run by some ethos, you'd have to determine the weight and priority on what you define as advanced to be palliated with cash that ideally would follow naturally as a contributor led by principle, the ideal can be realized with the same ethic but not corrupted by the very bone it's differentiated from

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

yeah, they are better in your start menu and explorer.

Canonical is just an absolutely horrible company. Shuttleworth wastes millions of dollars to achieve fuck all, and as soon as he decides to stop and actually try to make them profitable, they do retarded shit like Ubuntu one, Amazon crapware and search result spying.
Not to mention their obsessive levels of NIH syndrome, and insisting on making their own shit like Mir instead of using what everyone else does.
Compared to them, Red Hat contribute huge amounts to the ecosystem. They submit a lot of patches to the kernel, to GNOME, and to freedesktop's projects. Canonical are just leeches, contributing nothing and failing to make money off everyone's hard work. I hope they go broke and get bought by red hat or something.

>t. jewnonical

>he thinks the Gnome team would accept patches that aren't bugfixes
>he thinks the Gnome team would listen to people with different opinions

I use Debian.

gnome is red hat's bitch. They do whatever RH tells them to. It's all part of their plan to force convergence of the gnu/linux desktop towards certain standards.
>pulseaudio integration
>logind dependency
>glibc dependency

shuttledrones on suicide watch

embrace debian
it's the standard GNU/LInux distribution

its bad influence from microsoft lmao

ITS FUCKING REAL

motd.ubuntu.com/

Canonical partnered with Microsoft to make WSL real.
Community hoped they'd get something in return.
Instead Canonical opted for lessons on shitty business practices.

My fucking sides, never touching Shitonical products again.

If this comes to LTS I'm dropping ubanto

if this was windows 10 autists would be raging in dozens of threads but because it's Linux it gets a pass. Get fukt hypocrite retards.

I don't think anyone has ever give ubuntu a pass m8, have you read the thread?

this wouldn't have happened on Debian

it would, just long after it happened on all the other distros