pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/IKBC-C87-TKL-mechanical-keyboard-tenkeyless-C-87-PBT-keycap-cherry-mx-switch-brown-blue-87/32580388291.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B0734919BR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/2230037_32807055607.html
amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Compact-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00DOWCQ0I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1498757511&sr=1-1&keywords=Corsair K65
amazon.com/GANSS-Rainbow-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01M8N78L6
amazon.com/dp/B00DOWCQ0I/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3BH110Q9CI7HY&colid=14VMMAZUUQVJT
amazon.com/dp/B00DOWCQ0I
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B071W2697M
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9W13T36064
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9W13T36060
gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_591295.html
amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Universal-Cherry-Translucent/dp/B015S7O4KG?th=1
maxkeyboard.com/custom-white-translucent-top-backlight-keycap-set-blank.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Front-Side-Printed-Backlit-Keycaps-Black-104-87-Keyset-Cherry-MX-Keycap-For-MX-Switches-87/2230037_32789273321.html
ebay.com/itm/IKBC-New-Poker-II-PBT-Mechanical-Keyboard-with-Cherry-MX-Switch-61-Key-Type-C-/272674895405?var=&hash=item3f7cb0b62d:m:mLvl5zdy2nsppGJ6lkT_3iA
aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/32807055607.html
amazon.com/Corsair-STRAFE-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B015A9ZDO8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1498768854&sr=8-3&keywords=cherry mx blue
amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Impact-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00TR05QAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498768969&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle beach keyboard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Praise the Donkey

Previous Thread
>61101724

>Previous Thread
Shit I fucked up

My ikbc C87 arrived yesterday.
Here's a pic, though it doesn't do it justice. Looks much better in person, kinda like the stock pics.
The down-key had a plastic seam at the bottom which I filed off. You can still see some of it in the picture if you look closely.
Other than that I see no issues, I like it.
Got it in just 2.5 weeks from aliexpress.com/item/IKBC-C87-TKL-mechanical-keyboard-tenkeyless-C-87-PBT-keycap-cherry-mx-switch-brown-blue-87/32580388291.html

stock pic here. It actually does look like this in real life if you use strong lighting.
Only difference is that the keycaps have a more matte/grainy texture in real life, which is something I like.

any good mods to a stock hhkb?

yellowing reminds me of my old nes damn that shits nostalgic

Where can I get keycaps that have GNU and Tux on them to replace the windows key?

Are gaterons really better than cherries or is it just a meme?

>no numpads
into the trash

What are you some freelancing accountant?

I always fuck up my PWs without it.

this so much

Chyna

Drevo Gramr 84 with blue switches. Feeös öole a dream

I'm happy that i will never be this autistic

Dude nice keeb collection. I think most people's end game is the HHKB. You should invest in Topre MX sliders for some sweet key caps or you can buy some sweet artisans for topre. You should mod your keeb with 55g domes and lube your stems, that makes these keebs super smooth to type on. Where did you get that wood keeb wrist rest?

Are the HHKBs that nice? Thought they were mostly a meme

where do you live?

They are, but its a comfy meme

>he enters numbers with the number row keys

The only time I reach up there is for symbols. It might as well be symbol only keys.

Are there any good youtube channels regarding mechanical keyboards?

Their linears and browns are silky smooth unlike Cherry's scratchy horse shit.
inb4 cherry's new molds nobody has switches from

Chyrosran22

Been trying to learn to touch type on my KBP v60. Wrists are killing me (poor position I know) so I guess I might try a wrist rest to see if I can make any progress.

wrist rests won't help you there

Yeah, that's what I was worried about - timne to shift my fat arse and learn to sit properly

FC660C is better.

>be me
>be programming my new tada68
>trying to remap Caps Lock somewhere else
>it keeps doing Backspace instead
>remember something about Windows being really fussy about remapping Caps Lock, doesn't make much sense but maybe it's fucking something up?
>experiment for a while, try to figure it out
>finally remember I installed some registry hack or whatever to remap caps lock to backspace at the OS level
I feel so stupid. Now to find it, uninstall it, and get back to breaking the board with recursive layer modifiers

I just made the Jump Sup Forums

Thanks for the advice, how did I do on this cheap gaming keyboard?

amazon.com/gp/product/B0734919BR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was sold after people reported the reaction was noticably faster.

This is the perfect keyboard for me, except that I wanted a compact one, but you can't have everything.

I tried designing a PCB for the first time tonight, how badly did I fuck up?

Yes I know I forgot to remove the LED pads.

This is stupid since both cherry, matias, and kailh have faster switches at a cheaper price

That is not gonna work at all,enjoy your house fire/dead usb slot

USA

I don't care.

Fuck

Fuck MasterKeys Pro S mechanical keyboard. RMA'd twice now - not sure if they will even replace it this time. A fucking piece of shit.

Can someone recommend another £100 or less keyboard similar to it?

>no name switches
>horrible keycaps
>gamer shit everywhere

Horrible pick for a keyboard. If you wanted a compact keyboard with Gateron switches, PBT keycaps, and a steel plate, you should've got this for the same price:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/2230037_32807055607.html

ducky one?

Unironically tada68, unless you really want that dedicated F-keys row or the RGB

However I added a couple layers and I actually find myself using even the number row less and less. YMMV but I may actually end up falling for a 40% meme soon.

Forgot to mention I'd like the RGB meme like MasterKeys.

Then get a Ducky One with RGB lighting

>ducky one
is this chink stuff legit?
It's £140 so even more expensive but if good whatever I guess

What do you mean by faster? Less than 1.8mm travel?

I wanted linear switches, and these boasted both linear Red switches with short travel, and like I said, it may sounds like a meme, but apparently the infared sensor in the switch makes a noticable decrease in latency. (they claim 0.2ms)

Logitech G Pro.

If you don't like the switches, Corsair K65

But that one doesn't have RGB or infared switches, which apparently make a slight reduction in latency. Apparently Bloody's "fastest switch in the world claim" isn't just marketing bs.

More legit than jamesdonkey keyboard.

U sure its like 140€ here. I went with the non backlit version for 80€ since I didn't care for the meme. It's very solid and would recommend it, but you're probably looking for it at the wrong place

Replying to myself.

I JUST ordered the bloody one, should I cancel my amazon order and get the corsair?

amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Compact-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00DOWCQ0I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1498757511&sr=1-1&keywords=Corsair K65

Is there any $60 or $80 keyboard that is compact, cherry MX red and RGB?

Are the 'no-name' LK infared swithes really bad? Just because they are not popular doesn't mean they aren't quality.

Also can't I buy quality double shot keycaps and put them on?

Checked everywhere. £140 min or out of stock.

Kailh makes the fastest switch with a 1.1mm actuation point while cherry speeds are 1.2 and both have 1ms of latency depending on the keyboard firmware. Heck even chink boards like the noppoo choc mini have 1ms of latency with the cherry switch version.

what's the point of fast latency if its gonna be bottle necked by the 1000hz poling rate of USB

Who new brexit could be such a bitch. All your mechanical keyboards are overpriced, even cooler master keyboards are $50-60 over priced.

>people reported the reaction was noticably faster
p l a c e b o

noppoo choc mini lets you adjust debounce time too so you can set it to just above the chattering threshold

Well then that raises a good question: Which is faster:

A 1.8mm travel with 0.2ms latency
or
A 1.1mm travel with 1ms latency

Won't 0.2ms get screwed by chatter? Also - wouldn't you need PS/2 to be able to take advantage of that?

Ok, here is what I will do.

Apparently my Bloody keyboard has already shipped, so I'll have to return it if I don't want it.

But that gives me an idea. I will also order a Cherry MX RED or Kailh RED switch compact keyboard and see how it compares.

Anyone have recommendations on a good Cherry MX RED or Kailh RED compact RGB
keyboard?

Thanks.

Why not Gateron reds?

And how are their blues? Also, aren't the browns horseshit themselves or is it just another Sup Forums meme?
Fuck, I really gotta get a switch tester.

amazon.com/GANSS-Rainbow-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01M8N78L6

ugh the keys aren't actually rgb
>The keycaps's backlighting is only an ice blue,but the keyboard base is multiple-mode RGB backlighting.

I might just fore-go the RGB and get this more utilitarian options:

amazon.com/dp/B00DOWCQ0I/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3BH110Q9CI7HY&colid=14VMMAZUUQVJT

Should I give up on finding a $60-$100 Cherry MX Red RGB compact keyboard?

No, don't get corsair, cheap and awful abs keys that will look like you smothered them in lard after not much time at all.

Because I want the shortest key travel and an above poster said the shortest were Kailh's at 1.1mm and Cherry MX Reds at 1.2mm

>amazon.com/dp/B00DOWCQ0I
i would rather have one of these:

amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B071W2697M
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9W13T36064
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9W13T36060

>amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B071W2697M
meant mx red/silver of course, not brown

Shortest would be MX Silver, not common MX Red.

no its cherry mx speed/silver and kailh bronze/silver/copper, not reds

reds actuate at 2mm. You're looking at the wrong switches

switch testers aren't actually very helpful, it's a feeling to go with what you already know they're like, but it's not the same feeling as typing on a full board

finding out you prefer greens to blues is something that it takes typing on a full board for, you might not realize you're gonna bottom out a lot on blues if you're just carefully pressing a single switch instead of typing normally with every finger

keep yours arms elevated off your desk while typing and try to keep them straight

gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_591295.html

Any of you have this?

Can I remove the yellow part from the case?

It's a great price but it looks disgusting.

But then he cant flip his spacebar.

No, brown is a fine switches. Some don't like browns because tactile feel too subtle. While some prefer that.

you keep your elbows planted at desk level on the arm rests of your ergonomic task chair, and you keep your keyboard flat on the table with a 7 degree incline built into the keyboard, and then with your elbows at desk height, your keyboard raised from the desk, and with your wrists and thumbs neutrally positioned you will find that the cherry/oem profile is garbage and they only angled it that way to fit in with the rest of the bottom row from an aesthetics point of view. see pic related for how a less shitty spacebar would look like.

>cherry/oem profile
*cherry/oem profile spacebar

i think an user (OP?) or two has it and at least one user is waiting for his to arrive. the yellow parts are removable but you might need a hex key (but i have seen it with normal screws too). it doesn't have built in memory so the yellow backlight will come on every time you plug it in.

where can i buy keycaps that create a similar effect to this?
alternatively where can i get clear keycaps with a plastic that diffuses the light?
I cant find what I'm looking for at all. also i need the ISO keycaps

amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Universal-Cherry-Translucent/dp/B015S7O4KG?th=1
They also have a version that's tinted

You'd have to get a keyboard with smd leds if you want something like that

but they dont really diffuse as well as i want. do you think sandpaper will make it diffuse better?
i want something like pic related
what is the difference between surface mounted and led in the switch itself?

Those keycaps in the pic are:
maxkeyboard.com/custom-white-translucent-top-backlight-keycap-set-blank.html

i know. i want something similar but through the whole keycap. you see how in the link posted the lights are alot sharper?
i want something like the max keys but with the soft diffuse going through the whole keycap

kbdfans to the rescue

aliexpress.com/store/product/Front-Side-Printed-Backlit-Keycaps-Black-104-87-Keyset-Cherry-MX-Keycap-For-MX-Switches-87/2230037_32789273321.html

ebay.com/itm/IKBC-New-Poker-II-PBT-Mechanical-Keyboard-with-Cherry-MX-Switch-61-Key-Type-C-/272674895405?var=&hash=item3f7cb0b62d:m:mLvl5zdy2nsppGJ6lkT_3iA
Are these legit, lads?

>Budget
200€
>Location
Germany
>Preferred switch type
Brown (but haven't tested any)
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
preferred
>Previous/current keyboards
Razer shit

>I'm happy that i will never be this autistic

I worked for almost three years in trading and when you actually have to do business calculations half your day and have to input thousands of things into excel or SAP, you would rather kill yourself than input that shit with the number row.

>Budget
90 USD (I can reach to 100 USD Max)
>Location
Chile (Shitskin texas for the friends)
>Preferred switch type
MX Blue
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
60%, but 100% is also acceptable if the keycaps aren't ugly
>Backlight
Prefered. Hopefully not muh gaymen RGB shit. I want solid white with sufficient PWM frequency (I had a keyboard whose PWM was loud enough to cause me headache)
>Previous/current keyboards
Motospeed CK104. Now a shitty no-name rubber dome.

user please tell me your thoughts about the James Donkey.

Gaterons for that price seem tempting, considering my first option costs 60€.

James Donkey's decent. The keys feel like it's made out of recycled ink cartridges, but the switches themselves are really nice. I really enjoyed typing on them, whereas I felt a resounding "meh" when I decided to take out my RK-9000 with Cherry MX Browns.

aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/32807055607.html

Very decent. It just looks ugly with the yellow stands, but you can easily just remove those. Keycaps are ABS, but otherwise I can't think of something that is absolutely and OBJECTIVELY terrible about it.
>Detachable Cable
>Lighting
>Gaterons
>Metal Plate

How does Aliexpress get away with free international shipping? Even shipping doujins with SAL costs a fortune.

gateron blues are actually garbage user. Cherries are better.
A Corsair Strafe isn't too bad
amazon.com/Corsair-STRAFE-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B015A9ZDO8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1498768854&sr=8-3&keywords=cherry mx blue

If you don't care about the lighting the turtle beach's keyboard is actually pretty good. TKL and no back lighting though.
amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Impact-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00TR05QAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498768969&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle beach keyboard

Ok, thanks, for that price I don't think I can do better.

Now I just have to decide between blues or browns since I know jack shit about switches.

Cause there is a tax on degeneracy.

Exactly how are the yellow bits attached? Do they serve any functional value?

Blue gaterons are not that great compared to cherry mx.
I would personally recommend gateron browns. Great tactile bump and fun for typing. Beats the Cherry mx browns out of the water.