Honestly what reason is there to use a DE other than KDE

Honestly what reason is there to use a DE other than KDE.

You want stable software that works and isn't full of bugs

Unity/GNOME being the default in Ubuntu

My distro shipped with Gnome. There's no compelling reason for me to switch to KDE.

It hasn't crashed on me in ages

twm-derivatives are lightweight as fuk

>t.lazyfag

>I have a dick in my ass but whatever

Kubuntu 17.04 appstore crashes every single time

Kubuntu is deprecated. Use Neon.

>this year of our lord 2000+17
>GTKFileChooser
>can't even see thumbnails
get the fuck out

With all the time you spend posting this literally every day, you could have just fixed it yourself and submitted a pull request.

if only it actually fast in my machine. slow and clunky as fuck, even gnome performs hundred times faster.

Lol, no. You can't "fix" it. They've had a project going to do so since 2004 and it never got completed because of the way GTK is designed. There is no solution except to use a completely different file system like Thunar that allows for the file chooser dialog to show thumbnails.

why would you need a DE?

You don't, but if you are going to use one, then the OP is right.

fpbp

Yes I'm lazy. Why would I want to switch to KDE? I don't give a shit about filepicker icons.

Thunar isn't a file system, you utter retard.

xfce exists

I used KDE on a daily basis for 2 years and never experienced a bug.
Just today fucking Gedit crashed when I tried to open the preferences menu, and it brought down the whole DE.
KDE is stable, it's not KDE 4.0 any more.

>Using a DE in 2011+6

the future is now old man

> connecting to new wifi for the first time
> network manager asks for password
> 2 prompts from build-in keyring
> yet another prompt for wifi password

> NM sometimes takes several tries to connect to wifi

> that app center never finished without crash

> updated system
> DE crashes on every action until reboot
But hey, would still take it over Gnome. That stupid keyring can be disabled and I'm rebooting after update anyway. It's faster that it used to be, takes less resources than it used to and that one-click to open is something I can get used to. Konsole is great.

Let me guess, you're still bitching about that one time Ubuntu shipped with PulseAudio when it was still buggy?
QT5/Plasma isn't buggy anymore. If it is you're using a distro that's shipping with outdated libraries.

Dis^

Discover is still a crappie beta imho, I don't know why they push it in many distributions. Happy with yast/synaptic atm.

The wifi problem also happened to me a couple of times, but I think it's a matter of a strange configuration on the router side