This be the best version of the windows right the fuck here

This be the best version of the windows right the fuck here.

Why not just use Windows 10?

Because it's not Windows 10.

metro UI is cancer

Windows 10 LTSB 2016 is better

No, the OP is right. Windows 10 is so bad it actually made me like this. Keep in mind, I raged for months about how shitty it was. I humbly eat my words now.

That's not even the best version of Windows 8.1

Okay then you haven't used LTSB. I get home is absolute garbage, but LTSB is like Windows 7 v2

LTSB didn't find all of my drivers for me when I installed it.
I don't know, it had some weird problems.
Unless I did something wrong (most likely)
Do you have a config guide for LTSB?

>using the shitty lgbt version
Get with the times, use the normal version, or better yet, use the insider preview. Im an insider myself and its awesome to get the latest features first

No, but I was thinking about making one. I'll start writing one up. I'll probably make a thread about it in a few days. Why don't you just download your drivers manually?

I keep all of my drivers on a USB, I just know that when I installed Windows 10 Pro, it fetched all of my drivers, mainly laziness on my part.
Cool, I'll keep a lookout for the guide, when do you think you'll be posting it specifically?

Probably this upcoming Wednesday

Cool.
I really want to make the switch

> Best version
> Windows
kek

It's funny you should say that. I do use 10 LTSB. I've just been too lazy to switch back to 8.1. I have 4 terrabytes of crap that would need to be backed up etc.

Do you know how I know you're a Pajeet?

Maybe you should buy less Winshit copies and buy more Engrish lessons.

I kind of agree, although with an important remark: Windows 7 still is king. 8.1 only comes close after that, and surely won't be my main OS until 7 goes out of support.

Absolutely Disgusting...

Bare 8.1 UI is shit, you need Classic Shell or similar.

Server>>>>>>>>>>>>>lgbt meme

Install Windows 10 for the best and securest way to browse the Internet. Webpages load instantly using the Microsoft Edge Webbrowser.

Why do you still use Windows in 2017? Give me three reasons why you use Windows over the whole choice of linux flavors that are not "I can play all gaymes I m a callofduti retard battlefizld no scope 360 14yo"?

Win95 was the best

How can your opinion even be considered valid if you have 4TB of data on your install drive?

Microsoft Windows is industrial strength software designed by and for professionals.

LOONIX, on the other hand, is ricer nonsense for autism sufferers.

Ask for genuine Microsoft software.

pajeets are cancer but holy shit your post was so forced

>Windows 7 comes out
>hurr XP is the best 7 is garbage (implying anyone liked Vista ever)
>Windows 8 comes out
>hurr 7 is the best 8 is garbage
>Windows 10 comes out
>hurr 8 is the best 10 is garbage
I guarantee everyone here would be using Windows 10 and singing its praises as the best non-botnet Windows if they released a Windows 11.

I have actual work to do other than spend all day ricing and posting screenfetch screenshots on Sup Forums

You don't have anything to do you obese ginger.

Windows 7 is the best. I will never use anything else. All else falls I will switch to Linux.

I know you are trolling, but just thinking that MS marketers even say this shit with a straight face is absolutely disgusting.

What a crock of shit.

Agreed.

>not deferring feature updates in win10

Stop being fucking delusional, Windows 7 is objectively superior for the simple fact that Windows 8.1's UI is fucking disgusting and you have to go through some (small) annoyances to make it look and work exactly like Windows 7 does.

t. Windows 8.1 x64 with Bing user.

>using Edge
>ever

I dont usually call people 'shills' but you are literally copying a windows ad (or notification, as they call it in win 10) here

Some people will say Windows 2000 is the best. Other people say XP, and they're probably right. I have taken to liking Windows 8.1 myself. It feels quicker than Windows 7 ever did, plus I like the flat look. I use mine "bare" with no additional start menu. The one included is good enough once you get used to it.

Considering that, I see no reason to use Windows at all.

Playing the fifth CoD this year is not actual work.

best version of windows:
WindowsNT 4.0
Windows2000 Pro

Prove me wrong. Protip, YOU CAN'T

>I like the flat look

underageb&

The quality of software available for Linux isn't as good as what's there for Windows and Mac OS. (Video editing on Linux leaves a lot to be desired)

70% of the world uses 2 versions of Windows, instead of 17,000 different Linux distros, simplying compatibility and troubleshooting

Well excuse me for having a sense of style.

more like excuse you for being a child who has no memory of functional UI

I despise windows update in windows 10. For months it just stopped updating because it stalled on one update. And if one update stalls then the whole batch of them won't install and you can't pick and choose.

The various distros really don't matter. Just pick up the deps and run the program. You can run any of that shit if you're not an ass.

then dont use it

Who old are you?

I used Windows 2000 and XP for years with the classic theme. It gets old. Windows 8 by comparison was fresh and new. I always hated Aero and was glad to see the back of it.

I liked vista fegit. SP2 vista was the best

>The various distros really don't matter
You won't be saying that when something works in Debian but not Lubuntu or some other such distro, and you're tasked with finding out why

How about trying to troubleshoot an issue with a normal person over the phone? "Do you see the button there?" "No." "OK. Which version are you running?" "I don't know."

At what? The only thing that worked better was the Bluetooth stack.

Why would anyone bother to do this shit over the phone? Are you a masochist?

You've obviously never worked in IT support

Noob question: What exactly makes a Windows version good/bad?

I mean what are the determining factors that warrant the use of an older version of Windows over the newest one?

That's my job. I just don't use inefficient/ineffective means to do it.

Microsoft having illegitimate access to your personal information and the OS shitting the bed if you block telemetry at the router, for one. Windows 7 isn't safe any more due to this, neither 10 or 8 are safe.

Except it is legitimate because they put it in the massive contract. That thing is like 20k pages long.

At any rate Linux is an unintuitive mess and it'll never be as popular as Windows.

How come they dropped the ballso hard with Windows 8 and 10 with the disk usage going to 100% all the damn time?

I wish I had switched back to Windows 7 a long time ago, but I just can't get myself to backup everything and install a fresh new copy again in every single machine that I have

Compatibility
Performance
Features and functionality
Known issues/drawbacks

The good versions of Windows have typically been built on a previously innovative version, like Windows 7 being the successor to Vista.

It's all about having a tried and tested platform that can be adopted on a large scale.

>she

Windows 7 Professional would like a word with you.

Just do an install on a new SSD boot drive with your other drives unplugged. Then you can select your boot drive on startup and you'll have the option of booting into either winstall if one shits the bed.

>Why do you still use Windows in 2017?

Because AutoCAD doesn't run on Linux. I have a host Linux install then run Windows in VMs, but serious computer users who REQUIRE specific applications REQUIRE (caps so you get the fucking hint) an OS which supports them.

Aero is always enabled on Windows 8 and you can't disable it without breaking your desktop until reboot/reactivating it though where as in Windows 7 you can turn it off completely.

Whichever doesn't get in your way when trying to perform a task of any kind while providing other advantages over the other OSes, in my opinion.

which win 7 version is best for gaymen
>inb4 go back to Sup Forums faggot

It's getting better in a hurry. You'd be surprised at the number of old people I put on Linux only to never be needed again. Their problems that occurred while on Windows just don't happen anymore.

You might say, it just works.

so much this

>ui is fit for tablet use
>they packaged it into a pc OS instead

Can someone post win 10 ltsb untouched iso?

Preferably from mydigitallife

no, windows 10 is way better

windows 8/8.1 was an upgrade
-efi
-gpt
-4k hdd blocks
-more human readable task manager
- iso/vhd mounting/viewing
-more PS scripts
-MUI in home versions

> -efi
> -gpt