Tell me Sup Forums, what company makes the best aftermarket GPUs?

Tell me Sup Forums, what company makes the best aftermarket GPUs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=weLUc1ac1-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>EVGA
FTW2 cards are pretty fucking amazing.

That being said, I still prefer the look of Nvidia's blower style coolers.

asus generally good
evga is good for nvidia
sapphire is good for amd

This

MSI was okay during the Twin Frozr II era, dunno about now
ASUS does okay stuff, their cooling solutions were always better than competitions. I had a friend RMA their 980Ti Strix two times, though.
XFX is in most cases cheaper than other cards, but they cheap out on cooling. My XFX HD6870 still works, despite being in continuous use for almost 7 years.
My friend has had several Sapphire cards, these were alright.

>EVGA
Remember that one time they forgot to use thermal pads.

I've never had a problem with Gigabyte

Ya they made a mistake, but they fixed it and had great customer service throughout the entire thing. I'd still buy from them again

Objectively these days.
MSI has had the best heatsinks for a few years now. Good warranty that supports the card for water cooling as long as you replace the original heatsink back.

EVGA has probably the best pcb designs and good heatsinks. Probably the best warranty for enthusiasts.

None of the other companies offer anything of note.

pny :^)

i still have my Powercolor R9 380.
It holds a modest overclock without voltage increase.
Most anons on this board constantly shit on powercolor. Why ? I genuinely want to know.

Do any companies use standard form factor, replaceable fans on their cards? I'm way out of the loop, my last card was a Radeon X850, but I've had trouble with multiple GPU fans failing and getting noisy before. If I bought a card today, is it possible to change out the fan if and when it becomes a problem?

I know that there are certain XFX cards ( Rx460s) which have easily swappable fans.

Probably from their past cards. They never really redeemed themselves like MSI or Gigabyte did.

I prefer the THICC heatpipes of MSI gaming x cards. They allow a little OCing out of the box, enough to make a rx480 evolve into a 580.

a mistake?
that was their whole job, to install a fucking cooler on a chip they buy from nvidia and they couldnt do it right

fuck EVGAy

id say asus is pretty good, zotac looks good too in recent years

The majority of manufacturers make decent cards nowadays. It's less about brand and more about price point, most will offer various versions of the same card that come with more or less features.

Evga has a reputation that is well earned, as does Sapphire. Though I wouldn't say that they are the best, or the only ones worth considering. Msi, zotac, xfx, asus, gigabyte, and even powercolor have put out quality products within the last five years or so.

This guy knows

ASUS: overpriced
EVGA: literally housefire tier
Gigabyte: fine but sometimes overpriced
Zotac: fine
PNY: cheap
Sapphire: fine

Zotac desu

>asus generally good
Clarification, only for Nvidia.

Palit. Because of the THICC triple slot coolers they slap on. Pic related.

the company that's best is the one that actually has them in stock

>sapphire is good for amd
sapphire is shit. I'd rather Asus, or gigabyte to be honest.

DELET THIS

lmao I'm the one you replied to and I have literally the same looking card except it's a 1050ti
tfw 24C idle 47C on load
feels good man.

Same. Not always the prettiest, but easiest rmas if there's ever anything issue.

feels good man [2]

>DELET THIS
Why does amd sapphire. They do the brand more harm than good. They are literally the reason why I would not buy a workstation card from amd anymore.

Thanks user. Maybe it isn't much of a problem anymore with graphics card fans going tits up, but it's something I'm considering when shopping for a new card.

How about you just flash a 580 bios on your gaming X like i did you fucking dipshit

>chinese drawings

They're still using Twin Frozr II coolers, and they're still among if not the quietest cards around according to every bench I've seen.

I've always used EVGA cards though. Their 8800GTs had a firmware issue and as a product their cards would go into limp-home mode and massively downclock thinking they were only powered by the PCI port with certain power supplies. They took a week or two to sort it out but they eventually fixed the firmware.

No powercolor or HIS?

SAD!

i like my sapphire 390 .

gj sapphire

>having brand allegiance
> not realising early adoption is a synonym for beta tester

Wait 3 months after launch to let bugs appear, get whatever is reviewing best in your budget.

Yes, MSI's gaming X style coolers are great, but their Armor style coolers are hot bullshit. EVGA meanwhile has done something extremely impressive with their 1080 Ti FTW3 cooler because it competes favorably with all the other ones but it's only 2 slot whereas all the others are 2.5-3 slots.

What do you need a graphics card for, anyway? What the hell happened with computing that 90% of "technology" is now consumerism around graphics cards?

Sapphire card's have removable fans too.

Zotac and sapphire

thread over

pny
had my 9800gt for years now and its still kicking

I have a Sapphire Radeon 7850. It's been in use for lots and lots of years. The fans on it rattle and make a bit of noise even at the standard idle 20% speed now and when they really kick in they are really loud.

Most fan bearings do dry up over time, this isn't uncommon. Just saying it does happen with Sapphire GPUs.

My Gigabyte R9 290 sounds like a jet engine when playing the Witcher but I think it's breddy good otherwise

Sapphire has been the best for AMD cards for many years but they did fuck up on the 480 Nitro which had a tiny shit heatsink (now on the RX 580 Pulse). They've put a heavy and great heatsink on the RX 580 Nitro+ so they're back on track.

How do you know these specific details on every gpu do you read technology blogs all day long?

Turns out it had nothing to do with VRM temps
VRMs are rated for over 120C, EVGA was sold shitty parts by their suppliers and the components exploding, there was literally nothing EVGA could do

gainward

The one with the longest warranty.

So EVGA?
They literally don't care about anything, they'll replace anything. bro-tier support

I've never had a problem with any GPU manufacturer except XFX.

I got an HD 7970 from them and it would crash to black screen the very moment it hit 56C under load, RMA gave me a replacement that would idle at over 70C which was RMA'd again for a finally working card.

WTF?!
Nobody knows Gainward?
They used to have some crazy oc capable stuff back in the 5xx gtx with the whole "godlen sample" and "phantom" stuff.
>youtube.com/watch?v=weLUc1ac1-U

>make a fuck huge cooler the size of a brick
>BEST OVERCLOCKING
well I wonder why

>asus or gigabyte for amd

I've had an XFX 7870 for 4 years that has never had a problem
I have a strix 1080ti in the mail so I sure hope asus if good